M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

02-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #441
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
1. Silva, KO
2. Franklin, decision
3. Bader, TKO
I cant say I am happy about it, but I agree with these predictions.

I would like to see Silva's eyes rolled back in his head

I want Franklin to win

I like Jones, I hope he pulls it out, Bader is just a beast!
      02-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #442
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I cant say I am happy about it, but I agree with these predictions.

I would like to see Silva's eyes rolled back in his head

I want Franklin to win

I like Jones, I hope he pulls it out, Bader is just a beast!
I'm feeling the same way. I'd love for Silva to get beat down. However, no one can deny his stand up. Vitor will probably try and go toe to toe and that is just a bad idea against Silva.

Franklin I feel is the more experienced and more technical fighter. Forest has not really been known for his technical striking. I also have not seen Forest fight in a while. That being said, Forest is a tough dude and I don't see Franklin putting him away. Instead I'm expecting him to win on pts due to better being the better technical fighter.

I'm surprised you're with me on the Bader pick. Everyone thinks Jones is going to steamroll him. But I think people:
A) underestimate Bader
B) don't realize Jones is under a lot of pressure and that is going to affect him
C) don't realize Jones likes to out wrestle people and set up his ground and pound, he will have trouble doing this to Bader (yes Matt Hamil is a good wrestler but not like Bader)

Bader will catch him with a big hit sooner or later. I don't think Jones will go out (younger guys that haven't had bad KOs seem to fair better against big hits) but I think it will daze him enough for Bader to get a TKO.
      02-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #443
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
I'm feeling the same way. I'd love for Silva to get beat down. However, no one can deny his stand up. Vitor will probably try and go toe to toe and that is just a bad idea against Silva.

Franklin I feel is the more experienced and more technical fighter. Forest has not really been known for his technical striking. I also have not seen Forest fight in a while. That being said, Forest is a tough dude and I don't see Franklin putting him away. Instead I'm expecting him to win on pts due to better being the better technical fighter.

I'm surprised you're with me on the Bader pick. Everyone thinks Jones is going to steamroll him. But I think people:
A) underestimate Bader
B) don't realize Jones is under a lot of pressure and that is going to affect him
C) don't realize Jones likes to out wrestle people and set up his ground and pound, he will have trouble doing this to Bader (yes Matt Hamil is a good wrestler but not like Bader)

Bader will catch him with a big hit sooner or later. I don't think Jones will go out (younger guys that haven't had bad KOs seem to fair better against big hits) but I think it will daze him enough for Bader to get a TKO.
Bader's good, I don't know how good Jones' cardio is because he doesn't go past the second. Jones is a big dude, even bigger than Bader it seems. Both fighters have knock out power but I think Jones is the better striker because he shows more variety in his strikes and is much faster. Bader has pretty much a looping right hand.

Hamil is a more accomplished Wrestler than Bader if you are looking at pure Wrestling but he has fallen a bit in love with his "striking" game.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #444
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Did any of you see the staredown during the weighins of Silva vs Belfort. GOD DAMN there's behind the scenes tension that we don't know about O_O!!!

My perdictions are:
Silva TKO win (due to various strikes)
Franklin Split Decision
Jones TKO win (elbow strikes)

But in all honestly.... anything can happen in these fights. I can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #445
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Did any of you see the staredown during the weighins of Silva vs Belfort. GOD DAMN there's behind the scenes tension that we don't know about O_O!!!

My perdictions are:
Silva TKO win (due to various strikes)
Franklin Split Decision
Jones TKO win (elbow strikes)

But in all honestly.... anything can happen in these fights. I can't wait!
WOW that stare down was intense! I hope Vitor doesn't get lucky with a punch because I really want Silva to win.

I think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, as usual. I read somewhere that Belfort said in an interview that Anderson Silva is a fake and wears a mask in public and this is the reason why he put on a mask during the stare down.

I couldn't stop laughing when Belfort kept saying "BUT HE'S A GOOD GUY (please don't hurt me!!)" lol
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #446
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
WOW that stare down was intense! I hope Vitor doesn't get lucky with a punch because I really want Silva to win.

I think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, as usual. I read somewhere that Belfort said in an interview that Anderson Silva is a fake and wears a mask in public and this is the reason why he put on a mask during the stare down.

I couldn't stop laughing when Belfort kept saying "BUT HE'S A GOOD GUY (please don't hurt me!!)" lol
lol don't be hating on vitor! Brotha is empowered by Jesus heh. Him and Silva will make it a fun fight to watch for sure!

For those that didn't see it, here's the staredown:

Just look at Rogan's staredown during the staredown lol!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #447
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post

REALLY long read but if you are a real MMA fan you will think this is very interesting.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/wha...lfort-1529775/

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #448
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
REALLY long read but if you are a real MMA fan you will think this is very interesting.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/wha...lfort-1529775/
This is a great read, thanks for sharing that with me. I had no idea of the history and its made the fight a whole lot more interesting!! Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #449
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Anyone got links to good streams for the fight?
      02-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #450
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Anyone got links to good streams for the fight?
http://www.atdhe.me/ or http://atdhenet.tv/

Can't wait for the fights! The face off was intense. Really looking forward to the Jon Bones Jones vs. Ryan Bader fight.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #451
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Jones is a fucking animal.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #452
san~man
Tired
Rep

. WOW. Just WOW
      02-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #453
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

any results? im driving

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 11:28 PM   #454
san~man
Tired
Rep

Silva KO by front kick to the face. WTF that was sick
      02-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #455
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

sick!! dang im missing it, thanks ill have to check it out tonight when i get home

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #456
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
OH MY GOD!!!! KO of the year for sure already....it was effin' ridiculous. You have to see the replay in real time in order to appreciate the pure brutality of that kick....WOW...just....WOW....

Is it just me or did Jones remind anyone of a younger Silva with a longer reach?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #457
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
ummmm........ outcomes people!..... lol
      02-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #458
san~man
Tired
Rep

Bones got a title shot now
Forest by unanimous decision
      02-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #459
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Bones got a title shot now
Forest by unanimous decision
DAMN! Forest!!!! Cool very cool, used to be one of my favorites, until he ran out on Silva like a girl!!!

Good for Jones man, I was pulling for him!
      02-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #460
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Bones and Evans are tight lol xD But got damn, Darth just got darthed out with a choke lol!!!!

Silva's Kick will forever be known as KICK TO DA FACE TKO!!!!! THe whole bar went CRAZY SHIT NUTZ when that happened. I need to dl that kick and watch it in real time..... shit don't make sense..... I honestly think GSP would die against him now.... Who the hell can challenge him legit?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #461
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Silva is the best P4P fighter in the world. His KO was brutal and timed to perfection. I couldn't believe he was able to KO a fresh Belfort with 1 strike and he made it look so easy. I was ecstatic when it happened. The Jones submission came out of nowhere and so did his title shot against Shogun! That will be a great fight, maybe a bit premature but still great nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #462
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
WOW!!!! That had to be the best bday present I could ever hope for, thanks Dana!

I hope Anderson has finally silence his critics, to me this fight showed how truly injured he was against Sonnen. The way he moved was completely diff, when Vitor got him down, he sprung back up immediately, and Vitor is no slouch on the ground, he was a black belt BBJ before he ever stepped into the UFC. That kick was insane, I dont think anyone thought it was going to the head, it looked like an average front kick to the body but w/ Silvas long legs it was able to connect w/ amazing power. I guess now its up to GSP, what a fight thats gonna be (it better fucking happen).

I am very happy for Bones Jones, he is the most talented young fighter I have ever seen. I didnt know who to root for in this fight, I really like both guys but you know this isnt the last time they are gonna fight, both guys have long careers ahead. But Jones looked as good as ever on the ground, moves you never see, like when he jumped over Bader and took his back, WTF who does that? Dude is so unpredictable.

I cant believe Rashard luck, he doesnt wanna fight till Shogun is healthy and waits and waits and now Shogun is finally healthy but he goes down. I really dont know what to think about this upcoming fight. Mainly due to the only part of Jones game that concerns me is his stand up, at times it looks good but last night it didnt look very good against bader, even though he had a monstrous reach advantage. And going against a guy like Shogun w/ insane stand up, is gonna be interesting, Jones only has a month to train but I have the feeling he is gonna surprise every one yet again and pull this one off, this kid is gonna be champ for a very long time if he keeps improving at this pace

So many other great fights on the card, but w/ these two, who can think of the others
Appreciate 0