M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

07-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #1585
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
ME I got no idea. Barao and Faber are both very good. It really is a toss up.

I'm gonna guess Lonbard UNLESS Tim comes out and pulls off a Okami kill. Who knows really lol, they both hit with bricks in their hands. I'll be a good bout for sure :P

I don't think Silva is really ducking anyone. Fact is, one of his managers says he wants to fight a current champ from another organization, that's not ducking in my opinion. I do see Weidman and Lombard as fair game tho.
whats crazy, the head of sports at showtime said the other day on the mmahour, that he wants to see super fights btwn UFC and SF champs, so Anderson vs Rockhold could happen, that would be a sick fight

I love Weidman but I think he needs one more big fight, maybe someone like Belcher

I also saw Vinny Magalhaes got signed back to the UFC and has a fight at 152, if you dont know who he is, google his gogoplata in M1, one of the sickest moves I've ever seen
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #1586
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
whats crazy, the head of sports at showtime said the other day on the mmahour, that he wants to see super fights btwn UFC and SF champs, so Anderson vs Rockhold could happen, that would be a sick fight

I love Weidman but I think he needs one more big fight, maybe someone like Belcher

I also saw Vinny Magalhaes got signed back to the UFC and has a fight at 152, if you dont know who he is, google his gogoplata in M1, one of the sickest moves I've ever seen
Hah yeah, I heard about the same thing on mmahour. I do want to see that match up between the 2 champs but from what Dana said, it ain't gonna happen.

Donno vinny, gonna have to youtube him and found out to see whats up lol

*edit

In light of tonight's UFC 149 card, Check out Cheick Kongo's adorable moment at the pre-press conference

Head down to the 36min

Last edited by Garduna; 07-21-2012 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #1587
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Oh no...Lombard's hype train went off the fucking tracks and right into a river. He needs to stand in front of his opponent more often and do nothing while he is at it. He is the next Jorge Santiago.

Poor Faber can't catch a break for shit.

Riddle was the star of yesterday's card.

Congo is still a twat waffle.

7 sec flash KO was off the chains.

Can't wait for the next FC event, Pitbull is fighting!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #1588
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
^its funny you rip one over hyped fighter but say poor Faber who is 10x more over hyped, Faber takes a shit and gets a tittle shot. Regardless it was a good fight and I'm glad Barao won, I dont see Cruz beating him while he would have decisioned the shit out of Faber again

Not sure what happened to the rest of the card though, w/ the exception of Riddle. Sick sub and ever better post fight press conference interview, i was dying when he told the buttered tooth brit story
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #1589
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Riddle's sub was very nice, but I'd say Jimmo was the gem of the night... not only for his 7 second KO, but also for his customary robot victory dance and man-splits.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #1590
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Riddle was GOLD. His match and his comments about the brits. I so want to see him face Hardy haha!

This show was a shitstorm tho, donno wtf happened.

Both of Kongo's shoulders were injured so I'm gonna give him a pass on his one. He best come with a great performance in his next fight tho.

I don't wtf hector was doing, the fool wasn't injured. He just stood there hoping for a right overhand to land, is he mental or something? -_-;

I really don't know who would win between Barao and Cruz, should be good either way. I'm sure the fight will be a big back and forth.

Now here's a big question, will Faber get one more tile shot before he retires in the ufc/.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #1591
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Quote:
^its funny you rip one over hyped fighter but say poor Faber who is 10x more over hyped, Faber takes a shit and gets a tittle shot. Regardless it was a good fight and I'm glad Barao won, I dont see Cruz beating him while he would have decisioned the shit out of Faber again
Touche' but...I never said that he deserved a title shot, i just think that he always fails when it counts the most. Faber is good peeps though, does USO tours and is cool to his fans. He is easy to like as a person and a fighter. I should be a Barao fan by default cause he is from the same BJJ association as me, New Union but...I am gonna see how he does down the road.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #1592
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

The prelims were great. I actually called all of fight/ko/sub of the night as I was watching it. I thought the main card was pretty average though. I dozed off a few times, bit disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #1593
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
Touche' but...I never said that he deserved a title shot, i just think that he always fails when it counts the most. Faber is good peeps though, does USO tours and is cool to his fans. He is easy to like as a person and a fighter. I should be a Barao fan by default cause he is from the same BJJ association as me, New Union but...I am gonna see how he does down the road.
yea, Faber is a great guy and tough as nail, the Mike Brown fight were he broke both hands and is still there throwing elbows or even the Aldo fight were his leg got destroyed and he never quit, homeboy has lots of heart. I've always been a fan but somewhere along the line he either lost a step or others just got that much better, cause like you said, he tends to fall a tad short against the very elite. Although I must admit, I thought he won against Cruz last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
The prelims were great. I actually called all of fight/ko/sub of the night as I was watching it. I thought the main card was pretty average though. I dozed off a few times, bit disappointing.
yea, I fell asleep, literally, during the Congo fight. Then woke up as the Lombard fight was about to start and was like hell yea, then had to fight the urge to fall asleep again since nothing was going on
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #1594
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Frank Mir going to Strikeforce to fight Cormier!!!!!!

def didnt see that one coming
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #1595
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Frank Mir going to Strikeforce to fight Cormier!!!!!!

def didnt see that one coming
WTF O_O!!!

Oh and who would fucking steal someone's cat?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #1596
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
lol yea, why would anyone take mr wonderful, at least the cat has a sub named after him now
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #1597
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
just listened to the conference call for fox 4 and nearly peed my pants laughing when Dana said the winner of Shogun/Vera gets a tittle shot, really? Shogun, ok, I get it, his last fight was prob the best fight in the history of mma but Vera, he's got nothing but loses lately, w/ his only win against Eliot Marshall, who most think won that fight.

just goes to show what ive been saying for the last couple of years is right, LHW is a pretty weak division, lots of big names but no real contenders, Gustaffson aside and Glover coming up quickly too
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #1598
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Quote:
just listened to the conference call for fox 4 and nearly peed my pants laughing when Dana said the winner of Shogun/Vera gets a tittle shot, really? Shogun, ok, I get it, his last fight was prob the best fight in the history of mma but Vera, he's got nothing but loses lately, w/ his only win against Eliot Marshall, who most think won that fight.

just goes to show what ive been saying for the last couple of years is right, LHW is a pretty weak division, lots of big names but no real contenders, Gustaffson aside and Glover coming up quickly too
Wow, that IS ridiculous. I'm a Vera fan but not only does he not deserve to fight for the belt yet, he shouldn't even be fighting Shogun! He should be fighting one of the many gatekeepers, then, maybe get a big name, but lesser than Shogun.

I guess anything can happen though.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #1599
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Shogun, again (since he'll most likely win)?

He was seriously embarrassed the first time, and JJ is even better now, hate to think what would happen the second time.
      07-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #1600
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

lol omg i need to listen to that conference now!

edit.

Guys did you hear this, Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva Set for UFC 153!!! I really hope Silva KOs the shit out of lay and pray Fitch in this bout. It's also set in Rio, so things should get pretty interesting.

Last edited by Garduna; 07-31-2012 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #1601
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Silva wants GSP! Make it happen
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #1602
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
lol omg i need to listen to that conference now!

edit.

Guys did you hear this, Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva Set for UFC 153!!! I really hope Silva KOs the shit out of lay and pray Fitch in this bout. It's also set in Rio, so things should get pretty interesting.
yea, thats a HUGE step up in competition for Silva, I also hope he KO Fitch. Nothing against Fitch, just love this Silva kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Silva wants GSP! Make it happen
fuck yes!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #1603
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

LOL yea I know, Fitch is a hard worker but man, I really don't like watching his matches..... except the one he had with Hendricks..... xD

I seriously don't see any fight that wold interest Silva except the GSP one lol. Him and JBJ already said they won't fight each other so forget that and leave that out the window.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #1604
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I think JBJ is the only person with a half decent chance of beating Silva. I can see his GNP and elbows being a huge factor but I can also envisage Silva walking in there bopping in and out then touching his chin and seeing JBJ go to sleep. I see it play out both ways, I'd still bet on Silva though.

As for GSP, I can't see him agreeing to fighting Silva... ever. He's a very smart guy, he knows it would be a tough fight for him. I can't see GSP ever moving up but I did hear Soares say Silva might go down. These are big $$$ fights, I'm sure there is more motivation there.

Also heard Silva is keen for Diaz but he won't be back until Feb.

Sounds like he wants big names or big $$$ fights. Must be cashing in soon before he retires. Glad to see he's trying to take on the big fights before he finishes though. I wasn't too keen on Fedor fighting a few bums to touch up his record before he retired.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #1605
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea, exactly. Anderson knows he's nearing the end so he only wants BIG fights. I love Weidman but that fight prob wouldnt sell over 500k PPVs, Anderson is prob looking for something close to a million, like w/ Sonnen

Think the fight w/ GSP would be amazing, JBJ would get KOed but as each month passes, the better he gets and the more of a chance he has against Anderson. They are both on the extreme opposites of their careers, not a smart fight for either guy, which is why both have said it would never happen

GSP on the other hand is much close to Anderson in age and size, I say Super bowl weekend at Cowboys Stadium
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #1606
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

The Silva v GSP would be the biggest fight in the history of the sport. I would love to see it happen. Both guys have been in the UFC at the top of the game for so long.

I did not see the Weidman v Munoz fight but I saw the highlights. It's hard to get excited because his only big wins come from Munoz and Maia. Maia is no longer a force at MW and maybe at WW. I think if Weidman beats 1 or 2 more top contenders he will be more relevant. People will remember Sonnen for the trash he talked, I don't see Weidman getting enough hype behind him. I think he's a worthy opponent but I can see how it doesn't interest Silva who's after the big $$$ fights.

His manager talks about it here

I think he said it pretty well, the 2 best fights right now are GSP then Rashad. I think both those fights would sell really well and are good matchups, of course Silva will still win though
Appreciate 0