M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

10-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #1761
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I watched Anderson destroy Bonnar again. He's so patient and methodical, timing is perfect too. I think Jones would be a tough fight but all Silva needs to do is land one clean strike and it's wrap. He makes it look easy. Apparently he only has 2 fights left, if I could choose any 2 it would probably be GSP then Jones.
He needs to defend his title one more time before he retires tho. There's no way they would just let him do superfights now. The who MW division would riot lol!

Watching him fight anyone is a privilege. I highly doubt we'll ever see anyone quite like him ever again.

Him vs GSP really should happen. Everyone's been dying to see it for the last 2 years now. But we kinda know how it will end tho >_> If GSP can get him into title round territory, that would be amazing to say the least.

After watching him destroy Bonnar, if there's a catchweight fight between Jones at 195, I think Silva would do quite well. No real cutting weight means more time spent at near 100% while Jones would need to be regulated.

I still need to watch silva vs fitch and big nog vs herman. Heard those 2 fights were great as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #1762
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
He needs to defend his title one more time before he retires tho. There's no way they would just let him do superfights now. The who MW division would riot lol!

Watching him fight anyone is a privilege. I highly doubt we'll ever see anyone quite like him ever again.

Him vs GSP really should happen. Everyone's been dying to see it for the last 2 years now. But we kinda know how it will end tho >_> If GSP can get him into title round territory, that would be amazing to say the least.

After watching him destroy Bonnar, if there's a catchweight fight between Jones at 195, I think Silva would do quite well. No real cutting weight means more time spent at near 100% while Jones would need to be regulated.

I still need to watch silva vs fitch and big nog vs herman. Heard those 2 fights were great as well.
I'd like to see Silva vs GSP and in the meantime the MW's fight each other to determine the number contender as there's a lot of speculation who it is. I think Bisping vs winner of Weidman/Boestch will determine that but maybe Belcher could be in the mix. The Silva vs GSP would take some time so I'm sure they could sort out the MW contender by then. I would still rather see Silva vs Jones if it's his last fight as opposed to one of the MW's though. I think Jones is getting a lot better with each fight so Silva would want that fight sooner than later.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #1763
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Anderson said he has to fights in his contract left, to which Dana replied by saying he wanted to re-sign him to another 30 fights or something to that effect. Anderson also said he wanted to fight for another 5 years but we dont know how realistic that is or how serious he was about it
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #1764
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
Anderson said he has to fights in his contract left, to which Dana replied by saying he wanted to re-sign him to another 30 fights or something to that effect. Anderson also said he wanted to fight for another 5 years but we dont know how realistic that is or how serious he was about it
I know it seems a bit contradicting. I think he's heart wants to fight another 5 years but his body says no. I think if he gets the GSP fight and depending on how he beats him, he would be a lot more keen to take on Jones and that would cement his legacy as being the undisputed GOAT. Would not surprise me if GSP gets injured though He hates the idea of fighting Silva and I do not blame him at all. I remember a couple years ago a lot of people thought GSP could beat Silva but I rarely hear people say that anymore. IMO fighting Weidman does nothing for Silva's career right now, a high risk for a small reward. Also, if Weidman was to lose to any fighter in the meantime, he could easily become irrelevant or lose a lot of momentum. Just seems like he's one of the best options in MW right now. I've watched all of Silva's UFC fights, all these fighters preach the same story but they all end up getting destroyed.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #1765
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I know it seems a bit contradicting. I think he's heart wants to fight another 5 years but his body says no. I think if he gets the GSP fight and depending on how he beats him, he would be a lot more keen to take on Jones and that would cement his legacy as being the undisputed GOAT. Would not surprise me if GSP gets injured though He hates the idea of fighting Silva and I do not blame him at all. I remember a couple years ago a lot of people thought GSP could beat Silva but I rarely hear people say that anymore. IMO fighting Weidman does nothing for Silva's career right now, a high risk for a small reward. Also, if Weidman was to lose to any fighter in the meantime, he could easily become irrelevant or lose a lot of momentum. Just seems like he's one of the best options in MW right now. I've watched all of Silva's UFC fights, all these fighters preach the same story but they all end up getting destroyed.
exactly

They just announced, Sonnen and Jones are going to be the next coaches for TUF
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #1766
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
exactly

So Jones won't be defending that fight till autumn of next year if he beats Chael, which I think he will tbh.

That leaves either Lyoto or Henderson to wait for an eternity for a shot at the title.

It would be smart business plan to have Silva defend his belt ONE MORE TIME against have it against Bisping in UK. Reason why, it would help expand the Europe market for the UFC there. His other fight if GSP wins against COndit would be as such. He fights GSP during superbowl weekend and fights again in summer. Come end of the year in 2013, he fights Jones. It could totally workout well if everyone stays healthy.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #1767
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
exactly

That's going to be an entertaining season. I think the Rashad/Rampage season was one of the best to date, this one could come close. I've been reading TUF ratings have been at all time lows.

Quote:
It could totally workout well if everyone stays healthy.
That would be awesome but I doubt everyone will stay healthy, this year was full of injuries, it was constant disappointment as fighters had to withdraw from the card.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #1768
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Chael has been relevant again, crazy fuckery is bound to ensue. I need Silva to fight jbj, it would be a good match up imho. Silva plainly don't give a fuck and it will help with frustrating jbj into making some sort of a fatal error. hendo has potential of surviving 5rds with jbj but he needs to get past Dragon first. We got some good fights coming our way if it stays that way.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #1769
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Apparently Silva is open to fighting JBJ. Who called it?

I'd like to see him fight GSP first, if we're lucky we could see it mid next year. JBJ is already fighting in April.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #1770
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

Why don't they fight this year???
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #1771
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

jbj's elbow is still fucked from what vitor did to it and silva is waiting to see how gsp does against condit.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #1772
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

Meh. I found a YouTube channel of some kid that is in a progress of uploading all of the UFC events...So far he uploaded 1-4. Anyone interested in a link?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #1773
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Silva may drop a one-liner to make people wonder, but overall his message has been that he is not interested in a fight with Jones.

Jones also consistently says he is not interested in fighting Silva.

It would be the coolest fight ever - but it's just not going to happen.

Jones vs. Chael ...... This proves that talking gets you fights .... if you are good at it you get what you want. Here we have a middleweight who lost his last fight and now he is fighting for the Ligh Heavyweight belt? That just seems ridiculous. Unless your name is Randy Couture of course.

The funny thing is that Jones has literally cleaned out his division so even though his title is being "tied up" doing TUF there really wasn't a line of worthy challengers to get upset.

I hope 2 things:
GSP beats Condit
GSP doesn't fight Silva .... that's just an overall bad idea for GSP, I hope he isn't even thinking about it yet. He'll give up a ton of reach/size and he is coming off a loooong layoff as it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #1774
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

That's old news now Coconut.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/3...d-chael-sonnen

Jones is slowly opening up to the Silva fight and Silva's camp didn't say no to the Jones fight anymore.

Chael tried to talk hi way into the Jones fight a month ago, and almost succeeded. He was offered to coach tuf and fight Jones which he accepted. So him fighting Jones this time around wasn't due to the trash talking, it was a offer given to him. Hey, I'm not a fan of Chael but that's just how it is.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #1775
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
best commercial the UFC has done

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #1776
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #1777
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep

Quote:
Chael tried to talk hi way into the Jones fight a month ago, and almost succeeded. He was offered to coach tuf and fight Jones which he accepted. So him fighting Jones this time around wasn't due to the trash talking, it was a offer given to him. Hey, I'm not a fan of Chael but that's just how it is.
If that's what you believe then Chael's WWF routine has worked better on you than anyone else I have ever interacted with.

You are saying that Chael.... a middleweight who lost his last fight is being offered a shot at the light heavyweight belt because of how good of a fighter he is? I must respectfully disagree. Chael is where he is because of his talking - he is a good (not great) fighter and a GREAT talker.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #1778
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
If that's what you believe then Chael's WWF routine has worked better on you than anyone else I have ever interacted with.

You are saying that Chael.... a middleweight who lost his last fight is being offered a shot at the light heavyweight belt because of how good of a fighter he is? I must respectfully disagree. Chael is where he is because of his talking - he is a good (not great) fighter and a GREAT talker.
I get what you are saying but I think you missed what Garduna meant. The reason Chael was offered this fight was to bring up the TUF ratings, not because he talked his way into it. Now you can argue the reason Chael will bring up the TUF rating is due to his talking but you get the point.

If TUF ratings were still what they were on Spike, then there is nothing Chael could say to get this fight
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #1779
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep

Quote:
I get what you are saying but I think you missed what Garduna meant. The reason Chael was offered this fight was to bring up the TUF ratings, not because he talked his way into it. Now you can argue the reason Chael will bring up the TUF rating is due to his talking but you get the point.

If TUF ratings were still what they were on Spike, then there is nothing Chael could say to get this fight
Right. I guess we are saying the same thing but differently. At the end of the TUF coaching stint comes .... a title shot at the 205 lb belt.

I haven't watched TUF in years, I might have to catch an episode or two of this circus.

The only reason I'm not angry about thisis that Jones has literally cleared out his division so it's not like we're all sitting around saying "aww man, Jones can't fight xyz for 16 months now because of this"
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #1780
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
Right. I guess we are saying the same thing but differently. At the end of the TUF coaching stint comes .... a title shot at the 205 lb belt.

I haven't watched TUF in years, I might have to catch an episode or two of this circus.

The only reason I'm not angry about thisis that Jones has literally cleared out his division so it's not like we're all sitting around saying "aww man, Jones can't fight xyz for 16 months now because of this"
Yea, exactly. There isn't anyone I want to see JBJ fight that isn't tied up so why not, it'll be fun to see Chael on TUF

In other news, Strike force is shutting its doors! There's a January event that's pretty stacked and then that's it!

Ronda Rousey will be the first woman in the UFC
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #1781
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

See that's the thing, Nobody wanted to fight Jones on shortnotice so they gave it to the guy that was willing to fight him, Chael. Also it's to help raise the bar for TUF which has been in the crappers for quite some time now.

escobar, I literally just read the news about Ronda potentially getting the first UFC Women's belt strap and the folding of Strikeforce!

I'm so happy that it's finally ending. I want to see so many talent from Strikeforce in the UFC. If they don't makes the cut, I hope OneFC gobbles them up asap.

And finally I'll be able to see Melendez get fucked up by the upper tier guys in the UFC.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #1782
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

Jim Carrey has never been treated like that in the octagon before, Cung Le is the real deal. Phenom and Spider both TKO'd Ace but never like this, I thought he died. Unreal.
Appreciate 0