BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

For all those people who dont mind to "valet" their cars!

watch out during ED visiting SOF

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

DAMN!!!!!
2002 M5 Carbon Black (sold) should have never sold her
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Exact reason why I never do
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
Hoopumpers
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Garage List
73 911 RSR  [0.00]
04 996 Cup  [0.00]
06 997 Cup  [0.00]
12 Boxster Spyder ( ...  [0.00]
15 Sierra HD Denali  [0.00]
16 GT3RS  [0.00]
17 Radical SR3  [0.00]
18 Model X  [0.00]
18 GT350R  [0.00]
19 M2 Comp  [0.00]
AventaDOH!!

Also, just noticed my right front wheel has curb rash from airport valet. Awesome
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #5
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I'd sooner have a "hot tar enema" than let some puke touch the car. Don't give me the, "they handle many more expensive cars than yours" BS... Never. Not with a goat, not on a boat, not on a plane, not on a train, will some valet puke so much as breathe on it. Give it to me...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopumpers View Post
AventaDOH!!

Also, just noticed my right front wheel has curb rash from airport valet. Awesome
Are you rally surprised? It is an airport valet... I don't even drive mine to the airport...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #7
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
I'd sooner have a "hot tar enema" than let some puke touch the car. Don't give me the, "they handle many more expensive cars than yours" BS... Never. Not with a goat, not on a boat, not on a plane, not on a train, will some valet puke so much as breathe on it. Give it to me...
Wow! A 'hot tar enema'...? Quite extreme... Lol.

While I don't valet my car, I think if given the choice of either hot tar shot up my ass or let my car be valeted.... I'm pretty sure I'm going with the choice that doesn't involve anal penetration. But that's just me. Call me conservative I guess.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:22 AM   #8
DesertEagle50
Admiral General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 FB

Garage List
2013 BMW M5 F10  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
My car was gashed at a hotel valet in Paris. The ED insurance fixed it with no problems or deductible.
      05-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

That's what insurance is for.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #10
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertEagle50 View Post
My car was gashed at a hotel valet in Paris. The ED insurance fixed it with no problems or deductible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
That's what insurance is for.
so you guys dont mind picking up your car, after endless months of wait and being excited for finally having your beast and then couple days later after big enjoyment get to your car just to find out that some silly cunt who wanted to rev your car for cameras smashed it into smth? even if its light damage? i know its just a car, but its your car, not his car, he should be 10000000 times more careful than you driving it even 100m straight

but all ppl are different, i am used to appreciate what i earn and have

also there is life insurance and medical insurance and shit loads of different insurances, so shall we f*ck ourself up and get insurance to pay for fixing us?

Last edited by mstmng; 05-09-2014 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #11
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
Wow! A 'hot tar enema'...? Quite extreme... Lol.
Extreme is an understatement
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #12
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
so you guys dont mind picking up your car, after endless months of wait and being excited for finally having your beast and then couple days later ...
These valet threads come up from time to time. It's all situational (everyone will feel differently depending on their circumstances).

I've had my cars parked hundreds of times by valets over the last 18 or so years in LA. Never had a problem with damage. I know I'm due one of these days, but again, that's what insurance is for.

Some people live in areas where it's easy to avoid valet. Some (like me) don't. In many cases self-parking is just as risky, like parking the car myself in a shitty area or parking in a garage with spaces that are way too small next to other people who don't care as much about door dings and scratches as I do. To each his own.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #13
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
These valet threads come up from time to time. It's all situational (everyone will feel differently depending on their circumstances).

I've had my cars parked hundreds of times by valets over the last 18 or so years in LA. Never had a problem with damage. I know I'm due one of these days, but again, that's what insurance is for.

Some people live in areas where it's easy to avoid valet. Some (like me) don't. In many cases self-parking is just as risky, like parking the car myself in a shitty area or parking in a garage with spaces that are way too small next to other people who don't care as much about door dings and scratches as I do. To each his own.
completely agree

thats why i would rather park myself in the safest space/place possible in my opinion and walk to wherever i need 2-3 mins
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #14
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

I Have To Valet My Car Every Day

It is easier not to valet your car outside an urban environment, but for most of us who live in major cities, and who do not own a townhouse to store our cars, like Jerry Seinfeld, we have to park our cars in parking garages, so our cars are valet parked all the time. And when I was recently in Monaco, and struck up a conversation with an American who also is a resident of Monaco, and who owns two Ferraris, he said he always valet parks his car in Nice, otherwise, it would get broken into or stolen. But I do carry bumper and door guards, that I keep in my car, and which I attach to my car prior to handing it off to the garage valet. Just too bad about that Lambo.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBMW View Post
It is easier not to valet your car outside an urban environment, but for most of us who live in major cities, and who do not own a townhouse to store our cars, like Jerry Seinfeld, we have to park our cars in parking garages, so our cars are valet parked all the time. And when I was recently in Monaco, and struck up a conversation with an American who also is a resident of Monaco, and who owns two Ferraris, he said he always valet parks his car in Nice, otherwise, it would get broken into or stolen. But I do carry bumper and door guards, that I keep in my car, and which I attach to my car prior to handing it off to the garage valet. Just too bad about that Lambo.
mind sharing which bumper/door guards you are talking about? i would be interested
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #16
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopumpers View Post
AventaDOH!!

DOH!!!

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #17
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Quote:
mind sharing which bumper/door guards you are talking about? i would be interested
For the front and rear bumpers I use Bumper Blocker guards (http://www.bumperblocker.com), but since the door panels are aluminum, magnetic guards will not work, so I instead use suction cup applied guards which I purchased from amazon.com -- Auto Care Products Inc 20040 Park Smart Stick-On Door Guard, Clear. Takes me a couple of minutes to both apply and take off all the guards, and you have to clean the suction cup guards frequently, otherwise they will not stay on the doors after a while.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBMW View Post
For the front and rear bumpers I use Bumper Blocker guards (http://www.bumperblocker.com), but since the door panels are aluminum, magnetic guards will not work, so I instead use suction cup applied guards which I purchased from amazon.com -- Auto Care Products Inc 20040 Park Smart Stick-On Door Guard, Clear. Takes me a couple of minutes to both apply and take off all the guards, and you have to clean the suction cup guards frequently, otherwise they will not stay on the doors after a while.
thnx
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #19
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
Quote:
so you guys dont mind picking up your car, after endless months of wait and being excited for finally having your beast and then couple days later after big enjoyment get to your car just to find out that some silly cunt who wanted to rev your car for cameras smashed it into smth? even if its light damage? i know its just a car, but its your car, not his car, he should be 10000000 times more careful than you driving it even 100m straight

also there is life insurance and medical insurance and shit loads of different insurances, so shall we f*ck ourself up and get insurance to pay for fixing us?
I Completely agree, insurance is for being relaxed knowing that we're covered.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #20
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:

People often lose perspective: a car is inanimate object that, if damaged, can be repaired and/or replaced. Now, I am not advocating being careless - or even anything less than full blown obsessive - but it is still just a car and not a body part. I prefer not to valet my car, but it isn't always possible/practical. When I have to valet it, I always tip the guy very well - when I hand him the keys. Then I usually make some self-depricating remark about my obsessiveness with the car. No reason to come across elitist and thinking your car is somehow "special". In fact, I do the same when I valet my wife's MB or my truck. Honestly, I want to prevent damage from all my cars, whether $50K or $150K. I ask them to park it right up front or, if they can't do that, someplace very safe. So far, my luck has held out and that has been successful.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #21
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

I miss valet parking -
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #22
Jay-K
Brigadier General