M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

Closed Thread

12-07-2017, 06:24 PM   #89
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gong View Post
thank you that's all i wanted to know , still many questions unanswered

but looking forward to seeing results
I have before/after dynos running Mission's tunes....why don't you search.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #90
Herofmine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3, F10535i, 15 M5,340i,X5M

Garage List
2015 X5M  [10.00]
[QUOTE=MissionPerformance;22510588]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leec33 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell1982 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I appreciate your support for the community, but 700whp with the S63 on just a flash tune from 560bhp without supporting mods? For a single pull I assume...
Multiple back to back pulls actually
M6 is still running strong thanks to Mission Performance and Autohaus Frankfurt.
Let's see an overlay with your stock run, SAE correction and no smoothing. Also let's see engine bay pics including the stock down pipes. With all due respect, I call BS.
With all due respect, you don't know much about the M5/M6 power capabilities from a tune. Any M5/M6 can sneeze out 650-700whp with a tune, all it takes is the customer to want more power. Stock runs on all M5/M6's will vary between 520-550whp.
That is true, S63 is hell of a platform and power obtained is astronomical. We have hit 775whp on stock turbo, 109octane, and downpipes/intakes. That resulted in 100% turbo load and is not recommended at all, but instead was a proof of concept. Now we have safely been running our shop vehicle with stock hardware at 720whp and 90% wastegate for over 15k miles of track, daily fun and just normal driving. Zero turbo bearing free play, so turbo is pretty happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
what about F85 X5M?
No problems here, that will be supported. That car still uses MEVD17 ecu family.
Software alone can yield 180+ whp in gains, but race gas, intakes and downpipe combo are only +75? Once again, there's a red flag here.

Since you seem to push the platform maybe you can inform us at what level of whp the stock rods bend? What can the stock clutches hold up to?

So if I wanted to pull the trigger on a tune right now, you can deliver 700whp to me without question since you have the ability and the software tools?
If you check out our site, you will see a dyno plot from a 2013 M5 with just axleback and our tune. That was done well over a year ago and since then we found ways to crank up a bit more power from 2015+ S63. That is one of many customers that are putting down these numbers.

Now, yes it's possible to hit 150whp+ on just a tune and only 75whp more by going downpipes, intakes and race gas. And why do you think that is? Well answer is very simple. Like I said before, we run out of turbo's ability to "pump" as wastegate is at 100% at around 700whp. After that, when we introduce race gas, downpipes, and intakes, we are optimizing the efficiency of the motor. Different VANOS angles, more valve lift, more timing (closer to 20degress at 6k vs 12degress on our stage 1 tune), and list goes on. Is that safe? Hell no! But for customers in Middle East that want to have the highest number possible that doesn't matter and to us that is just a proof of concept.

And to answer your question, rods don't bent at certain whp. You can bend them at 620whp as easily as at 700whp. What bends the rods is torque and "events" like spark blow out and detonation. Generally speaking you should be safe at around 680wheel torque or so on stock rods, but that doesn't give you much room for error in case of spark blowout. At 700wheel torque you still are fine but you better have tight gaps and good gas.

Stock clutches can handle 650torque on rescaled torque map flash OR 700wheel on properly calibrated torque map flash. That is not something I'll be going it I but instead research it if you would like. But now we are working on a new flash for DKG that will allow us to apply more pressure to clutches, thus increasing their holding capacity.
Is it possible to play around with Tq and Hp, i like to be in safe zone, 600tq on wheels and 650hp on wheels. I don't want to change o2 sensors every 5k and spark plugs too.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #91
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Quote:
thank you that's all i wanted to know , still many questions unanswered

but looking forward to seeing results
No one turned this into a tuner bashing match.
"tooner" come on dude. Go start another forum bash topic if that's what you wanna do. This post is about OBD flashing and Mission is putting out their own info.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #92
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Curious as to why this thread got to front page?
What has Mission done on the forums since 2014 ?
What cars do they have with proper dyno's showing baseline + tune ?
What cars if ANY have ran the 1/4 mile anywhere in the world?
Even simple friendly runs? None exist
Where are all the Forums customers? other than the usual (His assistant) F10 535 and 1 or 2 M5 at most.
And his 550 (it seems)
*Other Tuners that are known, have all the above*

Where are the rest ? BMW has M235, 335, 435, 640, 550, 650, X3, X4, X5, X6
Tons of threads with *So called* discoveries and little to NO results.

Don't mean anything other than where is the proof ? Why should I or anyone go with this particular tooner?

You guys believe anything way too quick.

But I'll sit and wait for RESULTS! not speculations as thats all it seems to be (just look at the threads) as much I want to throw my money since my next car is going to be on order soon (Debating on M550 or X3 M40i) "Lease is coming up for the X5M"

PS... Tool gets released by MagicMotorSport and ChipTuning then gets sold to Mass, Mission the first US Dealer perhaps.
Careful asking for results here, that type of questioning doesn't appear to be welcome. The rumor is they don't have the tooling yet to be able to do obd flashing and have jumped the gun. Posting this type of claim on many forums would've been seriously flamed by now without facts.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3810.00
      12-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #93
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Careful asking for results here, that type of questioning doesn't appear to be welcome. The rumor is they don't have the tooling yet to be able to do obd flashing and have jumped the gun. Posting this type of claim on many forums would've been seriously flamed by now without facts.
Its an announcement of a product to come; there will always be underhanded comments from the likes of you two.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #94
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
My Mission tune has been a game changer for the the F10 platform. Mission is about to take my 535 to unheard of next level F10 535 power with a stage 1 turbo and tune. There's always gonna be haters and then theres living proof like me with their product. Mission FTW! Big things in 2018 for the MP squad.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 07:27 AM   #95
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexlocator View Post
Quote:
Its an announcement of a product to come; there will always be underhanded comments from the likes of you two.
It's called reality. Announcing something that can be done, but not by them is false advertising. They also didn't create the technology, which is the one thing they've been open about. They are not the first to be able to do this, so I'm not sure how it makes he front page news. They either purchased it from the source or logged it being flashed on someone else's car and are reverse engineering/cloning the technology. If thats the case, they are thieves. Notice they haven't provided a single piece of proof as requested and when I asked them to back up their claims with results and I'll pull the trigger now, they ignored that? You're right though, I'm just out of line.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2017, 07:49 AM   #96
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Where are all the Forums customers? other than the usual (His assistant) F10 535 and 1 or 2 M5 at most.
And his 550 (it seems)

Don't mean anything other than where is the proof ? Why should I or anyone go with this particular tooner?

But I'll sit and wait for RESULTS! not speculations as thats all it seems to be (just look at the threads) as much I want to throw my money since my next car is going to be on order soon (Debating on M550 or X3 M40i) "Lease is coming up for the X5M"

PS... Tool gets released by MagicMotorSport and ChipTuning then gets sold to Mass, Mission the first US Dealer perhaps.
Not the point of the announcement.

For me this is all huge news solely on the technology front. As a Canadian I really cannot be without my car for more than a month as my ECU sits at customs. I'm pretty far from any reputable tuning shop. So I think you can't understate the importance of this breakthrough.
      12-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #97
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexlocator View Post
Quote:
It's called reality. Announcing something that can be done, but not by them is false advertising. They also didn't create the technology, which is the one thing they've been open about. They are not the first to be able to do this, so I'm not sure how it makes he front page news. They either purchased it from the source or logged it being flashed on someone else's car and are reverse engineering/cloning the technology. If thats the case, they are thieves. Notice they haven't provided a single piece of proof as requested and when I asked them to back up their claims with results and I'll pull the trigger now, they ignored that? You're right though, I'm just out of line.
The flashes will be delivered using our end-user software called mFlasher. This tool has been used by our dealers and customers since 2014. If you would like, you can visit one of our dealers and check it out for yourself. Currently we are updating the software and once finished with a new version, I will be making a new thread with basic outlines of the tool and how to use it. Also there is nothing for me to prove to you. The beautiful part of having these tool, knowledge and ability is not having a need to prove it to some random poster. When it's released, you will see others flashing away.
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #98
simoneves
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 228i DSB/THP/6MT

What about my lowly N20?
Appreciate 1
Stubok471.50
      12-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #99
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And his 550 (it seems)

For me this is all huge news solely on the technology front. As a Canadian I really cannot be without my car for more than a month as my ECU sits at customs. I'm pretty far from any reputable tuning shop. So I think you can't understate the importance of this breakthrough.
LOL noob

Please stop spreading FUD
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #100
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And his 550 (it seems)

LOL noob

Please stop spreading FUD
lol ok guess I cant get excited about remote tuning eh
      12-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #101
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
false advertising
thieves
ignored

Way to make assumptions. We both know you'd never pull the trigger with this tuner, so dont pretend to be impartial; you're already biased against. You want proof? do some due diligence searching about the Mission tunes, not this announcement product, which is simply a means to get a tune flashed w/o opening the DMEs.
SSP Spec-R
KW V3/ Corsa Axle back
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #102
marcielago
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: SG F10 550i MSport, CB E39 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
That's great news for the community.

So I estimate that it took around 5-6 years for this to finally happen since the S63tu engine was initially released.

I estimate the same time frame for the S63tu4 with its new security measures as well. So for many years to come we will see tuned F10 M5's beating up on stock F90 M5's at least from 60mph rolls, lol!
Going from MSS65(E60 M5) to MEVD17(F10 M5), BMW introduced incredible level of security, much more so then going from MSS52(E39 M5) to MSS65(E60 M5). We have had a way of OBD flashing the MEVD17 for over a year now, but it was just not reliable and has caused many "soft bricked" bench computers. But now there is a new way of doing it SAFELY and that is a very good news.
F90 should not take such a long time to crack since security on it is very similar to the MEVD17, but still a lot of development has to be done before flashing those computers becomes a reality.
So what's the code name of the new F90 ecu?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #103
BaaDaaBoo
BMW NOOB
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 M package & F15 Diesel

As you can see my tag line, i am a noob and I have a noob question.

I've been coding my FXX with a OBD cable, what's this different to that? Thank.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 10:41 PM   #104
apexifd
Rep
Drives: 2016 Austin Yellow M3

Shut up and take my money!!!! Now!!! Please??
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 10:43 PM   #105
apexifd
Rep
Drives: 2016 Austin Yellow M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaDaaBoo View Post
As you can see my tag line, i am a noob and I have a noob question.

I've been coding my FXX with a OBD cable, what's this different to that? Thank.
Tuning and coding are different.

Tuning is for power, reliability, and/or smoothness. Depending on what the owner wants to achieve

Coding is more for features and comforts.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 10:45 PM   #106
xxxjecxxx2
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Garage List
2013 F30 335i  [0.00]
2015 F15 X5  [0.00]
2017 G30 540i  [0.00]
Quote:

Yep it will, all Fxx will be supported. Sorry but at this moment we dont have a dealer in Chicago, BUT we will be releasing a end-user cable so you can do the tune yourself from the comfort of your own home.
How much will this cable cost?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 01:46 AM   #107
///3dkn
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [8.67]
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #108