Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #89
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21
Update: Jalopnik reports that Pkilla617 has been fired from his job at the Boston Autoport [with credit to M5POST members]

Quote:
Meet the man known on YouTube, Twitter and his personal blog as Pkilla617. Boston resident, aspiring rap artist, self-proclaimed marijuana and stripper enthusiast, and apparently, a former employee at the Boston Autoport, where he had access to a slew of brand new cars as they come into the harbor. We don't know his real name, how long he worked at the Autoport, or when he was terminated.

But what has some of the people over at M5 Post rankled is that Pkilla617 had a habit of shooting himself revving the new cars right after turning them on, then putting the videos out on his Twitter and YouTube page.

BMWs weren't the only targets. The Boston Autoport in Charlestown processes some 70,000 cars a year for import and export, so we also get to see him rev a new Subaru BRZ, a Maserati, and a Challenger R/T, just to name a few.

But the BMWs, particularly M cars, seemed to have been his favorite targets. (Not that anyone can blame him for that.) He even lamented the fact that one frozen gray M3 comes in rev-limited transport mode, but he still redlines it and records the sound.

Anyone else feel if this was their car they would be totally pissed?

This guy seems to unload or move the cars after they come to Boston.

Are you all kidding me? You elitist hyper-consuming pigs.

You all should be ashamed.

Here is a guy that did nothing more than convey his respect for the vehicles.

If what he did was so damaging then BMW would put a few licks of code in the firmware to limit over revs.

Instead of spending 5 minutes training the guy, people are celebrating the loss of his job.

I suspect these machines were a bit out of his reach for the time being and now they are even more out of his reach.

So the celebrators are patting themselves on the back that this poor guy---legally supporting himself---is now jobless because he did little more than celebrate their machines.

You all should be ashamed. If only your bosses held you to the same standard you are holding him.

What has this world come to!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #90
Alumac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prudently

Cars aren't a replacement for women. And if you're using them to pick up women (or men), neither will care that Pkilla617 revved the engine at the dock. Every one of the cars he 'abused' will be worth next to nothing in 10 years. And I would even hazard a guess that most of these are leases. Which is probably a lot of the users crying outrage here...

I'm so glad Pkilla617 got caught. But I'm sure Pkilla618, 619, etc. are doing the same shit and not posting it on YouTube. Seriously, this is silly, get over yourselves.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #91
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post

If what he did was so damaging then BMW would put a few licks of code in the firmware to limit over revs.

Instead of spending 5 minutes training the guy, people are celebrating the loss of his job.

I suspect these machines were a bit out of his reach for the time being and now they are even more out of his reach.

So the celebrators are patting themselves on the back that this poor guy---legally supporting himself---is now jobless because he did little more than celebrate their machines.

You all should be ashamed. If only your bosses held you to the same standard you are holding him.

bring your shit to my house. Leave it overnight. Ill wake up in the morning and cold redline your car. Come see me then. Mofos are paying for 100k cars and no one wants non winners messing with their stuff.

In any event...

Last edited by URBAN LEGEND; 06-18-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #92
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
bring your shit to my house. Leave it overnight. Ill wake up in the morning and cold redline your car. Come see me then. Mofos are paying for 100k cars and no one wants non winners mesti g their stuff.

In any event...
straight luxury right here, top of the line, you're a beast
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #93
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:

Blame everybody else but him....right. Like he didn't break the terms of his employment. That's the problem with America, no more accountability. It's always someone else's fault.

What happened to not taking liberties with out people's property? Especially while on the job?

What about deceny, respect, and accountability? Why should BMW have to update their firmware b/c of some guy on doing this?

Are you going to be the one who is going to train this guy? Do you really think, after all you've seen, that he's going to listen? With his attitude and way of thinking?

What has this world come to where people tolerate bad behavior and say, it's ok, it's not his fault because of his stature in life and that these cars are out of his reach? That's total BS.

I, as a customer, when I buy something new, should have the reasonable expectation that people should not take liberties with my car that I paid over $100K for. I would feel the same way if I bought toyota for $20K.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 06-18-2013 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #94
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:

I was going to say something similar to that effect, but I decided to hold back until I had more information. Bottom line though is that he broke the rules that his company set forth. I was going to say we should be weary of the problem of classism in this society but videos like these on YouTube do perpetuate the problem. I think he should have been fired only on the merits that he broke the rules and not because he made videos admiring new expensive cars.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #95
r3dbimmer89
Major
Rep
Drives: P-Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Ha you're not funny as well as all these posts....ignorance laughing at ignorance sums it up...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #96
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I think he should have been fired only on the merits that he broke the rules and not because he made videos admiring new expensive cars.
and he was fired for breaking the terms of his employment - as stated in the Jalopnik article.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #97
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

LMAO he actually got fired? Damn.. I'll miss his "BEAST" and "Top of the line" comments
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #98
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dbimmer89 View Post
Ha you're not funny as well as all these posts....ignorance laughing at ignorance sums it up...
Actually I think you are pkilla.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #99
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Free pkilla!
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #100
Alumac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prudently

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDyDinanM View Post
Blame everybody else but him....right.

What happened to not taking liberties with out people's property? Especially while not on the job?

What about deceny, respect, and accountability? Why should BMW have to update their firmware b/c of some guy on doing this?

Are you going to be the one who is going to train this guy? Do you really think, after all you've seen, that he's going to listen? With his attitude and way of thinking?

What has this world come to where people tolerate bad behavior and say, it's ok, it's not his fault because of his stature in life and that these cars are out of his reach? That's total BS.

I, as a customer, when I buy something new, should have the reasonable expectation that people should not take liberties with my car that I paid over $100K for. I would feel the same way if I bought toyota for $20K.

Guess what. Most people that 'abuse' these cars don't see it that way. And most never will. Get real. If they respected other people's property and felt like you do, they wouldn't be working a job unloading cars...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #101
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Loving them stocks.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #102
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
LMAO he actually got fired? Damn.. I'll miss his "BEAST" and "Top of the line" comments
Maybe Stealth can post his reviews.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #103
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:

Until I see a video of you giving him the keys to your 750Li you can back off.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #104
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac View Post
Guess what. Most people that 'abuse' these cars don't see it that way. And most never will. Get real. If they respected other people's property and felt like you do, they wouldn't be working a job unloading cars...
I know, and I understand that this type of behavior is common. Doesn't make it right though, and if one gets caught doing so, then good. One less person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
Until I see a video of you giving him the keys to your 750Li you can back off.
this
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #105
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Since I have seen this come up more than once, I have to clarify. I guess its just lack of understanding the process. BMW employees do not unload the cars from the ships, nor have any say in who does. All the cars are unloaded by dockworkers, here in CA they are the longshore men. Once the cars are unloaded and driven to the designated location then the BMW employees can then take the cars, process them, wash them, add a lil fuel and them drive them to the truck or train loading ramp. To me it looks like this guy who got fired was most likely one of the people who transported the cars off the ship to the designated areas.
This was the process when I worked at Toyota Logistics in Long Beach, even though we were right in the harbor, Toyota employees were not allowed on the ships, only the Longshore Men (basically union dock workers).
So saying BMW needs to get a handle in this is placing the blame at the wrong party. The field supervisors of the docks need to get a handle on thier employees.
True, it isn't directly BMW's fault. However, they must be able to put pressure on the dock companies in some way.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #106
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
True, it isn't directly BMW's fault. However, they must be able to put pressure on the dock companies in some way.
Yes. Restrict the car to 3000 rpm until dealer can set up for delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #107
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Yo Yo Yo.......... cocaine white interior!!!
Someone call 50 Cent up, he has competition

On another note, BMW could run with this as a new exterior/interior color(s)
Drop the Alpine white & mineral white. Cocaine white is *IN*
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #108
duchozen
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M / '13 M6 Conv.

I am doomed

I recently bought a M6 vert, sakhir orange with opal white, from Boston Herb Chambers. One thing I loved about the car when I picked it from the showroom was its shiny-greyish-black soft top and the beautiful interior.

Reading this post with sympathy, i clicked on the M6 video out of curiosity. Now i am doomed. That car is my car. I just did 1200 miles and put it into service while I am visiting my home country. I just went thru the break-in period with extreme caution to find out that this car was tampered by a mofo off the street who has no respect whatsoever for others' properties.

What do I do now? I am terrified.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #109
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchozen View Post
I recently bought a M6 vert, sakhir orange with opal white, from Boston Herb Chambers. One thing I loved about the car when I picked it from the showroom was its shiny-greyish-black soft top and the beautiful interior.

Reading this post with sympathy, i clicked on the M6 video out of curiosity. Now i am doomed. That car is my car. I just did 1200 miles and put it into service while I am visiting my home country. I just went thru the break-in period with extreme caution to find out that this car was tampered by a mofo off the street who has no respect whatsoever for others' properties.

Post pics or this didn't happen.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #110
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchozen View Post

I'm sure many of our cars were revved like that, if not worse, before delivery. Especially as first year M5's that everyone was curious about. Don't take it close to heart
Appreciate 0