M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #23
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

If BMW offered to take my car back right now, and give me a 2014 with the supposed facelift in September, I would refuse the offer. I thoroughly enjoy the car, and the fact that in 6 months others may be driving around in a slightly updated version of my car won't detract from my enjoyment in the least.

With that being said, I'm a sucker for new technology, and I would like to try out the LED headlights. I also think the squared off look you get with the new 7 series LED headlights looks super tough. I imagine the same will be true for the 5 series LEDs. So if you're looking at ordering either a 2013 or a 2014, and the real time difference is only 2-3 months, I may consider waiting.

I have done nothing to help in your decision making process lol. Whatever you decide to do, you'll be happy once you get the car. I bought mine sight unseen and have ZERO regrets.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #24
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Interesting I think this has been raised and many of us said yes. No one has confirmed the so called changes for the M5, and it's all speculation at this point. To answer your question I'm satisfied with my car, and could care less about the changes. If you chase changes you will never be satisfied. A good deal is always available no matter what, and good luck with your choice. I caution potential owners to look at resale it's a car, and no a piece of stock so it's moot. Yes I would still buy.
Completely agree. Frankly, the price increase will be there as well and is it worth it? Prob. not. I love mine as-is. BMW will hit us with a complete model change in a2-3 years as well. That is when we will all buy again-lol! Buy it if you like it. :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #25
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

i would also factor in what kind of deal you can get on a m5, right now deals would be better as the face lift seems on the horizon.
and i doubt once the facelift arrives you wont see good dealer offers straight away.
and bearing in mind you may see a new one in 3/4 years time im guessing.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #26
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

I intend to order mine about May time for september time, not bothered at all about the update.
      02-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #27
mrhonest
Oil pump waitlister
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Frozen Black

Would wait for the 2014 despite there being no major change. However LED headlights just by themselves will make all other M5s instantly dated, then there is the CCB option. If you were not getting these options then maybe not a big deal. I am first in for the 2014 despite having only taken delivery on my current M5 late last year. Thanks BMW, you love your US customers so much. Oh well, such is life.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #28
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

I've been posting for a while now that I was delaying my May ED to September due to the LCI. Well, tonight I changed my "Drives" listing.

After a month of my dealer offering me better and better deals and me saying, "no, I'm going to wait," I finally succombed to a one I couldn't resist. There are wild below dealer invoice discounts and promotions out there. For those of you who are truely in the market this year (as I was), you may want to take a look at what you can get for a deal now. It changed my mind.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #29
UNC M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 Alpine While

I was in the same situation two weeks ago. Had to decide if I wanted to wait, or take the beautiful Alpine white one that was staring me right in the eyes at the dealer lot. It was at that moment, that I was seduced into pulling the trigger right away. After driving her, I realized that I had made the right decision. Why wait for Gisele in 9 months when you can have Kate Upton now!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #30
jump
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 - Alpine White

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Everyone loves Kate Upton! I was debating waiting back in November and decided to buy. I wouldn't change a thing. I drive 70 miles a day round trip and Love every minute in the M5. If you're not doing ED you'll be able to get a great deal with your local dealership. If anyone is in the Chicago area considering buying/waiting feel free to shoot me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC M5 View Post
I was in the same situation two weeks ago. Had to decide if I wanted to wait, or take the beautiful Alpine white one that was staring me right in the eyes at the dealer lot. It was at that moment, that I was seduced into pulling the trigger right away. After driving her, I realized that I had made the right decision. Why wait for Gisele in 9 months when you can have Kate Upton now!
Appreciate 0