M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

07-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #1
djseto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

bavsound upgrade?

Didn't see much via the search function...

Anyone upgrade their speakers with bavsound speakers?

www.bavsound.com

Curious on how it sounds if you did...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 CP M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djseto View Post
Didn't see much via the search function...

Anyone upgrade their speakers with bavsound speakers?

www.bavsound.com

Curious on how it sounds if you did...
From what i remember they have been around awhile, but i have never really heard much about them. Good or bad.

Looking at pricing though i think i would rather do something like JL Audio and have a professional install the speakers. But if you want a DIY these look rather simple to install.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
e90alpinem3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I had bavsound in my e46 m3 and it definitely made a difference in clarity and overall volume handling. The e46 being so small and shallow door mounts there wasn't too much that you could do. My e90 had their ghost under seat setup and I wasn't too impressed for the $. Do you have the B&O system? I wouldn't change that for anything, even the HK system I don't see you getting that much better sound from an upgrade unless you go high end aftermarket...focal, JL etc...just my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 12:19 AM   #4
djseto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I do not have the B&O system. I don't mind paying an installer to do a system from the usual higher end players but I was curious about Bavsound given their focus on bmw only and the plug and play simplicity. I have a local dealer for bavsound that supposedly has a demo vehicle (according to the bavsound website) so I'll eventually go check it out. Not in a huge rush to replace the audio system, but definitely starting to explore my options.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

In my opinion you'd be better off looking at component speakers by Focal or maybe Hertz. Go with JL for shallow mount subs, and JL amplifiers. They will be high power, clean, light, and will not tax your charging system.

A multi channel processor would be required, and there are many options. Audison makes great ones, Mosconi, and even JL now. They also have interactive UI's for tuning.

I love the B&O for stock, but I would *much* rather have something custom like above. Installing speakers is very easy, plug and play or not.

Bavsound wouldn't do it for me given the price of admission. My $0.02.

Best,
Brad