M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

01-17-2017, 06:03 AM   #1
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

ASD module coding

Love it or hate it we have ASD on our cars and its not going away. My M6GC was pretty quiet inside and was something I was never keen on So I had a play with the settings before christmas (using e-sys) on my M6GC (F06) which is same hardware as M5.

I couldn't find an ASD thread to I started this one.

The results were remarkable, I found 4 settings which make significant differences in various combinations, see settings tree below:

1. Model type, some work, some don't, probably depends on your model. For me choosing F12 made my F06 much more "vocal", this fits the BMW marketing that the F12 (coupe) is much more the sporting model than the F06 (GC). F13 (vert) made it really rumbly at idle but quieter after that, odd. Choosing M5 made such a V8 rumble in the car it made the dash centre speaker vibrate at higher revs, sounded great pottering about though. The "fake" V8 sound pulses are more like an E39 M5 / AMG traditional V8.

2. Engine type, not much point in changing it as we have the top one, but if you have a 520d then choosing the S63 motor (or vice versa) might be fun.

3. This is the one that got me looking into it. Selecting "competition paket" to YES has really ramped up the V8 rumble in sport and sport plus modes, if you did't know this is all fake you would be fooled that the comp pack car is more of a beast when really its just a software setting!

4. Construction stage. Again there are quite a few dates to choose from and they all have differing sound, some subtle, some not. This is probably BMW making tweaks as the cars developed..

Anyway, my current settings are as below, have fun playing!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
mister2d155.50
      01-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
mister2d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Nice. Just for kicks, can you change yours to the 520d and report back? I think it would be fun to hear about.
Appreciate 0