M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

07-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #23
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv6425
Thanks cmhsam, do you know when the offer expires - meaning when I have to sign my paperwork by to take advantage of the $750?
I believe by 7/31
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #24
nv6425
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 Dark Shadow

So how are all of you ED guys taking advantage of this?
      07-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv6425
So how are all of you ED guys taking advantage of this?
I locked my rate which also secures any offers at the time of rate lock.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
When do you do your paperwork and start paying for the car?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee
Quote:
When do you do your paperwork and start paying for the car?
Can't do the paperwork until the VIN is assigned. I tried to do it all on the 10th but finance was unable to do the paperwork without the VIN.

Your dealer should post date the paperwork to reflect a date roughly two weeks prior to ED. You will start paying for the car then and BMWFS covers your second payment but the MF increases by .0003 to spread the second payment, which BMWFS "covers", over the remaining 35 payments.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #28
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Can't do the paperwork until the VIN is assigned. I tried to do it all on the 10th but finance was unable to do the paperwork without the VIN.

Your dealer should post date the paperwork to reflect a date roughly two weeks prior to ED. You will start paying for the car then and BMWFS covers your second payment but the MF increases by .0003 to spread the second payment, which BMWFS "covers", over the remaining 35 payments.
I am guessing my dealer will tell me that he cant lock anything until I have a VIN at which point he is going to want me to come in as quickly as possible to sign paperwork and start paying for the car.
My goal is to push this back until hours before he cancels my order as pushing the first payment back a month saves me a lot more than $750. Compunded by the fact that I have an existing lease with BMW expiring end of Sept.
Any guidance on how to finess this would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you would like to go off line.
I guess the downside to locking early is if better rates come out (doubtful) or say a $1000 rebate for existing customers comes along, you will miss out on those.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #29
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
I am guessing my dealer will tell me that he cant lock anything until I have a VIN at which point he is going to want me to come in as quickly as possible to sign paperwork and start paying for the car.
My goal is to push this back until hours before he cancels my order as pushing the first payment back a month saves me a lot more than $750. Compunded by the fact that I have an existing lease with BMW expiring end of Sept.
Any guidance on how to finess this would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you would like to go off line.
I guess the downside to locking early is if better rates come out (doubtful) or say a $1000 rebate for existing customers comes along, you will miss out on those.
If better rates or programs come out you can "re-write" your financing / lease.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #30
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Here is a good thread that outlines the program.

Customer Eligibility

• Loyalty Program is available for current or former BMW Car/SAV customers with any model year vehicle who purchase or lease a new eligible MY12 or MY13 BMW from an authorized BMW dealer.

• Current customers do not have to trade in their vehicle to qualify.

• Eligible former BMW customers are defined as those who sold their vehicle within 12 months of credit submission or whose prior contract with BMW FS terminated within 12 months of credit submission.

• The vehicle may have been purchased or leased, new or used.

• Customer will be required to provide proof of ownership if not a previous or current BMW FS customer in order to validate eligibility.

• Lease/APR Cash is extended to individuals residing in the same household as the qualifying customer. Proof of residency must be provided in order to receive the household loyalty. BMW Lease/APR Cash is non-transferable to other family members or friends outside the household.

The big difference from past programs is that the previous BMW needs not have been financed/leased through BMW Financial Services! In other words, this is not just a BMWFS owner loyalty program, but also a BMW of North America loyalty program...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #31
puffysheep
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I spoke to my SA and he told me that this $750 discount is available only if you get the financing through BMW.

Please see the attachment for detail.

(This document is current as of 7/18/12)

Quote:
Here is a good thread that outlines the program.

Customer Eligibility

• Loyalty Program is available for current or former BMW Car/SAV customers with any model year vehicle who purchase or lease a new eligible MY12 or MY13 BMW from an authorized BMW dealer.

• Current customers do not have to trade in their vehicle to qualify.

• Eligible former BMW customers are defined as those who sold their vehicle within 12 months of credit submission or whose prior contract with BMW FS terminated within 12 months of credit submission.

• The vehicle may have been purchased or leased, new or used.

• Customer will be required to provide proof of ownership if not a previous or current BMW FS customer in order to validate eligibility.

• Lease/APR Cash is extended to individuals residing in the same household as the qualifying customer. Proof of residency must be provided in order to receive the household loyalty. BMW Lease/APR Cash is non-transferable to other family members or friends outside the household.

The big difference from past programs is that the previous BMW needs not have been financed/leased through BMW Financial Services! In other words, this is not just a BMWFS owner loyalty program, but also a BMW of North America loyalty program...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #32
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

Very flexible, great program.
Appreciate 0