M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Ziff73
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

ED pick on Saturday with same day Welt Drop Off

I know I'm about to get flamed for this, but here's my question.

I am planning on flying in on Saturday morning, taking delivery that day, dropping the car and flying out Sunday morning.

I am confirmed for delivery Saturday morning at the Welt and I understand I can leave it there for $60 Euro fee.

Is that also true for a Saturday delivery date? Or do I have to make an appointment at the Munich drop off location, which closes at 2pm?

thx

(yeah i know, whats the point... well no go on trip with 2 young kids in tow)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziff73 View Post
I know I'm about to get flamed for this, but here's my question.

I am planning on flying in on Saturday morning, taking delivery that day, dropping the car and flying out Sunday morning.

I am confirmed for delivery Saturday morning at the Welt and I understand I can leave it there for $60 Euro fee.

Is that also true for a Saturday delivery date? Or do I have to make an appointment at the Munich drop off location, which closes at 2pm?

thx

(yeah i know, whats the point... well no go on trip with 2 young kids in tow)
Here's the info regarding drop offs per the ED info:

"All drop-off locations require 4 days advance notice to schedule a drop off appointment either by phone or email. Drop off locations are open Monday to Friday only. All locations are closed on Saturdays (with the exception in Munich) Sundays, German holidays and scheduled holidays. If you are planning to drop off outside of Germany, please check that country's tourist website for their specific holidays."

If you can make the appointment to drop the car off and make it before they close (Munich drop off), then I don't see any reason why you can't do it. The best thing is to give the drop off location a call prior to leaving the States (ahead of time, at least 4 days before you arrive in Munich). Tell them if you can do what you plan to do otherwise, you may have to stay over for some week days.

You shouldn't be flamed for doing what you want to do -- as they say "to each his own".
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid

I'm going to be doing the same thing as you, for the most part. I'll fly out of Boston friday night, Pick up on saturday morning, and fly out sunday afternoon. The you can stop by the drop off location by the munich airport on saturday before they close and fill out the drop off paperwork and go about your business and drop the car off after they are closed later that night or on sunday for no extra fee.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Ziff73
Private
Rep

Thanks. That's what I figured. As a follow up here's another question.

Is the Welt considered a "drop off location"? If not l, can i just pay 60 and cab it the rest of the way and not worry about making the drop off time at Munich airport?

Thx
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziff73 View Post
Is the Welt considered a "drop off location"? If not l, can i just pay 60 and cab it the rest of the way and not worry about making the drop off time at Munich airport?
Thx
The drop off company is named LOG IN OUT GMbH (GMbH is equivalent of "Company with Limited Liability"):
The Welt is not the drop off point. Here's the info per the ED drop off point in Munich:

Munich LOG IN OUT GmbH
Terminalstrasse Mitte (near the Airport's Kempinski Hotel)
85356 Oberding
Phone: +49 (0) 89 - 416 114 600
Email: drop-off-munich@loginout.de
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Ziff73
Private
Rep

Per the BMW confirmation email:

Leaving Vehicles at the BMW Welt - As a European Delivery customer, you have the option to leave your vehicle at the BMW Welt for shipment to the U.S. if you prefer not to drive the car after your delivery experience. There will be a fee of 60 Euro cash, payable to the BMW Welt. At this time, credit card payments are not accepted. Overnight parking is not possible at the BMW Welt.

-----------

So do you think I can do this on a Saturday?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Yes you can. I spoke to an ED representative about this specifically. Leaving your car at The Welt is always an option ... just hand them back the keys. But be aware, you cannot "drop it off" at The Welt. To be clear, you can leave it undriven, but once you drive it you cannot return to The Welt and drop it off. The cars are stored inside, so they are delivered with minimal fuel in the tank (like 1 gallon). Once you leave (and fuel up theoretically), they cannot bring the car back inside.

Ziff73 - I'm doing the exact same thing as you, arrive 9/1 at 7:40 AM, take delivery and hand the keys back, spend the night in Munich, and take the 9:35 AM flight home on Sunday AM. And I'm doing it for exactly the same reason, wife at home with with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old. We should hang out!

Last edited by AGS; 05-27-2012 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
Ziff73
Private
Rep

Thanks for the update. I'm the week after, 9/8.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
ky_soldier
General of The Universe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
2015 BMW i8  [9.00]
the loginout dropoff location is at MUC airport, and does not require much advance notice. The woman there was great and I dropped off my F30 335 last month and it was on a truck to Bremerhaven the next day and on a boat shortly thereafter. Just got it back in the USA after about a 4 week wait. Not bad at all.

Considering an F10 M5 ED now!
1946 Willys CJ-2A
2009 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti OTO
Appreciate 0