Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
chrison600
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe

Euro Delivery M5 - '14/'15 Questions

Hi everyone,

We are moving forward with the purchase of an M5 via European Delivery this summer. We plan on delivery around August, and understand that this might (will probably?) mean a 2015 model. I realize we're really early in the model development cycle, but wondered if anyone thought there would be "major" changes in 2015, or just an "evolution".

The other thing I'm wondering about is whether a car destined for the US is required to have US spec lighting, or if I can have the car equipped with "euro" lenses such that there would be no extra lenses in the bumper/yellow LED's in the headlights, etc.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Think if your in the U.S you have to have the reflectors in the bumpers..

Only way around it, is to get matching coloured pre painted reflectors from
ind

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrison600 View Post
Hi everyone,

We are moving forward with the purchase of an M5 via European Delivery this summer. We plan on delivery around August, and understand that this might (will probably?) mean a 2015 model. I realize we're really early in the model development cycle, but wondered if anyone thought there would be "major" changes in 2015, or just an "evolution".

The other thing I'm wondering about is whether a car destined for the US is required to have US spec lighting, or if I can have the car equipped with "euro" lenses such that there would be no extra lenses in the bumper/yellow LED's in the headlights, etc.

Chris
I think 2015 will be a slight evolution following on from a more noticeable change in the 2014.

You can only get US spec lighting on US cars. For Euro you would need to buy and install Euro lights afterwards.
Appreciate 0