M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

04-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Status Question

What does the 800 #'s status say when the car arrives at a North American port (like Newark or Brunswick)?

Basically what status is there between "In Transit" and "En Route to Dealer" ?
      04-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
What does the 800 #'s status say when the car arrives at a North American port (like Newark or Brunswick)?

Basically what status is there between "In Transit" and "En Route to Dealer" ?
En Route to Dealer means it has cleared customs and has been released to trucking by the VPC.

However it may not be accurate as mine is "En Route" since last November... and I've been driving it since. BMW can't fix it (hence no access to MyBMW account via the online portal) and blames it on it being an Individual order

Detailed status codes/info can be found at http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680284
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yeah I read that thread but I was wondering if there was a status between In Transit and En Route to Dealer.

I'm tracking 2 individual M5's. One is still in transit (about 6 days behind the other) and one went from in transit to at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

Which if you realize, that should be a step back. Of course that's not possible. So when your car arrived at the NA port, what status did it say after In Transit or before En Route to Dealer?
      04-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
Yeah I read that thread but I was wondering if there was a status between In Transit and En Route to Dealer.

I'm tracking 2 individual M5's. One is still in transit (about 6 days behind the other) and one went from in transit to at the port awaiting a shipping vessel.

Which if you realize, that should be a step back. Of course that's not possible. So when your car arrived at the NA port, what status did it say after In Transit or before En Route to Dealer?
Well there is a status which is at VPC. That is usually called finishing touches.

Bets way to tell is to check the wallenius website. Your vehicle cargo ID is the VIN. That will tell you I it has been released from customs. If it is released from customs but not en route to dealer, then it is at VPC.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Well there is a status which is at VPC. That is usually called finishing touches.

Bets way to tell is to check the wallenius website. Your vehicle cargo ID is the VIN. That will tell you I it has been released from customs. If it is released from customs but not en route to dealer, then it is at VPC.
Yeah I'm very limited with information as both cars are on KLine boats, which means no friendly status tracking (no VIN lookup for carrier's status). That leaves me with FleetMon AIS and 800#. I will probably bother my CA in a few days just to check up on them (see if there is a hold at VPC or if they are sailing right on thru).

The boat thats a little behind the other should dock at Brunswick on the 1st. Which puts delivery at about 11 days from today, so not much longer of a wait, hopefully.
Appreciate 0