Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #45
Cali01
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 Lexus LX570

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S.A View Post
Going to take a different approach here than most people here. But have to say congrats on creating your trucking business its tough business specially finding hauling work and dealing with the drivers, my parents just started theirs 2 years ago with two trucks, now we have 6 trucks and 3 more on their way I work for my parents. What kind of hauling your trucking business does curiosity?

But I am young as well 21 years of age be 22 on july 19. But I find that the BMW and Mercedes dealer ship the way they treated you by making you show bank statements is ridiculous. I would of let them have it and never ever come back. I went to dealerships since I was 18 they let me test drive M5, M6 AND X6M, C63 etc. As long as you show them your knowledge and tell them you are a serious buyer they should treat you for respect. They are so pose to convince you buy the car not you convince them you want to buy the car. Just my opinion on good dealership customer service.

How old are you by the way? My parents were the same way about getting SUV as first cars I had 2 SUVs before I got sedans and coupes. I had a X6 and X6M for safety reasons.

Anyways good luck on your purchase hope you get the M5 or E63amg. I choose the M5 over the E63 4 matic s model amg for couples reasons. One being that BMW has the free maintenance so I save money that part. another is that M5 has better transmission and looks way better on driving through mountains and feels way more sportier than the E63 amg. But from the front the E63 AMG is a beautiful car if they had free maintenance I might have chose the E63 AMG but the M5 has more to offer in my opinion its engine interior and comfort and suspension and feel. E63 AMG is looks, comfort, Engine and exhaust noise. and Steering wheel. That's IT
Thank you bro! I run mostly I-5 corridor border to border, AZ, and Texas. I-5 and AZ 90% dry vans, and TX is 90% refrigerated running there back is to Cali is 90% dry. It was very hard juggling school and work because on hand I wanted my business to succeed but on the other hand parents wanted to keep 4.0 and above! Thank god I was able to fulfill of parents dream of going to UC Davis and also fill my personal goal of reaching there! I'd love to talk to you about the trucking biz more private PM when you have time, I can always make a few mins...

I'm 18, look like I'm 20's because my Punjabi roots gave a lot hair so I have a full beard going on right now. The thing is these dealers are notorious for doing because we have a lot window shoppers here in the bay so they don't want to putting on there demo cars i guess, well at least what I was told by couple of friends.

Yea the DCT to my pleasant surprise felt like PDK, I was expecting something similar to a E-Gear Gallardo but it felt a ton better I mean way better it was unbelievably fast. Merc is something else man though I wish it had equally fast tranny because it takes corners like a champ, that exhaust was heavenly, only can imagine what the exhaust would be with a pair of down pipes. Cabin noise was noticeably less too and use of better leather in the interior materials too. But I have love wide wheels, I know can get 11's easy in the M5 rears but not more than 10's, 10.5 with an aggressive offset/camber but at that rate I would be changing tires every 5000 miles, thats just a hassle. In the ned if I had to I would M5 and honestly the old M3 and the M5 is the BMW's I actually like, other that I would Merc all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
Agree with the 1M suggestion! That's a fun car, sounds awesome and gives you similar power in a slightly more handling package and looks great in orange.

For me when I got my first BMW I wanted an M3 but instead started with a 318 then 328 to get me used to driving a rear wheel drive and then upped the power over time.

That said when I finally got in an M3 the first time I entered a motorway I floored it on the slip and did a 360 before I knew what had hit me (before the days of Stability systems) so even when you think you know what you are doing you can suddenly come unstuck very quickly.

However I don't wish to preach, we've all been 18 and wanted the fastest cars so I feel for you.

Good luck
Thanks for understanding! I'm not a coupe guy, I like 4 doors so I'm highly interested in the E90 M3 hopefully a 6 speed in Silverstone or Moonstone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer-boy View Post
Singh is king! Congrats on your successes thus far..

Think the surname gave away the punjabi part
Even I thought the same, and I'm for the UK.

If you don't require the space requirements of a 5 series, id say take a test drive in a 1m (a much rarer car in my opinion YOU won't see very often) and less power but much more nimble.

All the best
You already know man! Thanks for the wishes, same to you! I'm not a small car guy, too small for my taste. I'm used a bigger sized cars, and prefer them too. For me even a M3 feels small but maybe I will go the rout and might get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Why am I looking at pics of lexus'

Oh please I lol I'm aroundhis age and dropped 20k miles on the m5 and I'm still here (and I had the stage 1 since like 2500 or 3500k miles)

He won't die unless he's trying too lol. And besides I only got pulled over 4 times [no front plate offenes] , and handcuffed once [long story]

Op will be fine... If he's really looking for luxo and sleeper power a tuned m5 will be nuts, but if he really wants to feel the speed you guys are right about getting a different car.
Luxo, power, and wide wheels fits my requirement perfectly! Not buying this car to feel the speed, but a big power cruiser who would't want of those. 60-130 is when you the best feeling in a car like this, or what my salesman told me lol. Is that who you feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
I say get an E92 M3 with comp pack. such a sweat NA v8 that you can trust, has progressive power, no lag or sudden turbo like boost. still favourite of all my past cars... I started with a right old shit box car at 17/18 and got an E36 M3 evo at 23, after saving for like forever. I wrote it off within 5 months and never forgave myself. it was pre 1997 so had no traction control and boy I needed it. I too did a 360 on a slip road entering a dual carriageway, when the rear end had a mind of it's own...

The E92 M3 I owned until this year allowed me to drive hard and can be very forgiving if you treat it right. it looked after me for 3 years without fail. I had several driving days and driver training in a V8 m3 so I could realise the potential of the car and its limits and wow... it will amaze you what the car is capable of, especially round a track. for all your UK guys, I have done Jonathan Palmer Sports a couple of times now and it is probably the best day ever!!

Now I have the F10 M5 cp, I have to say it still scares me sometimes just how much power this beast has. you cannot underestimate it or completely trust it. even in a straight line in dry warm conditions, the traction light is fighting to keep grip. if you turn off the traction, you better brace yourself for a burn out and plume of smoke, if not a crash.

I do not know your driving style, but at 18 there is not a chance in hell of you keeping the M5 on the road or out of trouble for long. it's not as fun as the M3, because it's so much heavier and more powerful. but if I was in your shoes, with money no object, i'd be getting a lambo, Ferrari, R8 or Porsche... not a 2tn family saloon car, and screw what other people said to me, but i'd have my tail between my legs shortly after, when I come unstuck and stack it!
good luck mate and keep safe
I'm really calm driver when conditions are appropriate to I hooligan about in car other than my LX or RX but not with a bunch of people on the road. E90 M3 something starting look like my choice of car, I like sedans more than coupes jet the way I am I guess. My parents raised to always get opinions and different points of view of on almost everything so you can do what best at the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomequet View Post
Crazy thread. That who sleeps with kids wakes up wet. Sorry.
???

Quote:
Oh my gosh its not a 800whp fox body or Switzer Godzilla GTR lol Unless he's trying to take 30mph turns at 90+ or trying to to go 155 in 35mph zones where the roads clearly can't take it... He'll be fine.

I hit the limiter ALLL THE TIME.
Sense! Yea I'm one of those guys, my LX can the corners 30mph at 40 like a champ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
I know I know... I sound like a fucking pussy old man. i'm not i'm 30+ but at 18 I was an idiot and would have killed myself in an M5
Nothing wrong with being cautious, I got the warm blood out of me really fast so honestly I'm not much of idiot anymore, I had two years to do that stuff not anymore...

Quote:
Idiots are idiots and any car can kill them
Exactly how I feel!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #46
Cali01
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazOjla View Post
Kinda gave me hint with this, what's going through your mind then with the M5, gonna go with it or something less powerful? Just rember Waheguru G has stuck with us all but he can't save us all. And stay away from the damn whiskey lol
Still don't know bro maybe a E90 M3 or F10 M5 still having a hard time, lol. Both looking appealing to my eyes...

Last edited by Cali01; 07-10-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #47
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I'll go ahead and say this, and I intend no disrespect, but I still think you are too young for the M5. Yes you've driven your parents' performance cars, and yes you're in the position to do whatever the hell you want with your money, but hear me out. No matter how much experience you have behind the wheel as a teenager (perceived or otherwise) 560 HP is an absurd amount for a relatively new driver to have. Statistically speaking, your age group from 18-25 are more than twice as likely to get into an accident than any other age group. Before I hear someone say "But most race car drivers are young", which is a valid statement, let me make one thing clear: Driving on the street is different from driving on a controlled environment!! Driving a car like the M5 can become really cumbersome in the real world, and it's very easy to make yourself look like an idiot. The car has varying degrees of traction issues depending on the surface or temperature and can BITE you in certain instances where you have a clumsy foot. IMO, work your way up to a nice car like the M5 and drive something slower and humble (but still fun) for now. M3 or IS-F fit the bill, or even slower cars than that. Driving a worse car in the meantime will not only tailor your skills, but will also make you appreciate a car like the M5 that much more in the future. You'll thank me later!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #48
TazOjla
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
I'll go ahead and say this, and I intend no disrespect, but I still think you are too young for the M5. Yes you've driven your parents' performance cars, and yes you're in the position to do whatever the hell you want with your money, but hear me out. No matter how much experience you have behind the wheel as a teenager (perceived or otherwise) 560 HP is an absurd amount for a relatively new driver to have. Statistically speaking, your age group from 18-25 are more than twice as likely to get into an accident than any other age group. Before I hear someone say "But most race car drivers are young", which is a valid statement, let me make one thing clear: Driving on the street is different from driving on a controlled environment!! Driving a car like the M5 can become really cumbersome in the real world, and it's very easy to make yourself look like an idiot. The car has varying degrees of traction issues depending on the surface or temperature and can BITE you in certain instances where you have a clumsy foot. IMO, work your way up to a nice car like the M5 and drive something slower and humble (but still fun) for now. M3 or IS-F fit the bill, or even slower cars than that. Driving a worse car in the meantime will not only tailor your skills, but will also make you appreciate a car like the M5 that much more in the future. You'll thank me later!
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #49
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Very well said. You truly are a 'wise soul'
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #50
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali01 View Post
Thank you bro! I run mostly I-5 corridor border to border, AZ, and Texas. I-5 and AZ 90% dry vans, and TX is 90% refrigerated running there back is to Cali is 90% dry. It was very hard juggling school and work because on hand I wanted my business to succeed but on the other hand parents wanted to keep 4.0 and above! Thank god I was able to fulfill of parents dream of going to UC Davis and also fill my personal goal of reaching there! I'd love to talk to you about the trucking biz more private PM when you have time, I can always make a few mins...

I'm 18, look like I'm 20's because my Punjabi roots gave a lot hair so I have a full beard going on right now. The thing is these dealers are notorious for doing because we have a lot window shoppers here in the bay so they don't want to putting on there demo cars i guess, well at least what I was told by couple of friends.

Yea the DCT to my pleasant surprise felt like PDK, I was expecting something similar to a E-Gear Gallardo but it felt a ton better I mean way better it was unbelievably fast. Merc is something else man though I wish it had equally fast tranny because it takes corners like a champ, that exhaust was heavenly, only can imagine what the exhaust would be with a pair of down pipes. Cabin noise was noticeably less too and use of better leather in the interior materials too. But I have love wide wheels, I know can get 11's easy in the M5 rears but not more than 10's, 10.5 with an aggressive offset/camber but at that rate I would be changing tires every 5000 miles, thats just a hassle. In the ned if I had to I would M5 and honestly the old M3 and the M5 is the BMW's I actually like, other that I would Merc all day.
will pm you
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #51
amit1947
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i sport

Yo Yo Honey Singhhhhhhh!!!

Seriously though, good job on the business. Indians sure like to hustle man. I started a diamond wholesale company, so I can hook it up on some bling if you get me a good deal on a semi-truck shipment or something.

I recently got a 2014 M5 Comp Pkg. Its damn fast, and its definitely a sports car. Its going to be a much firmer ride than you're used to in the LX.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #52
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Damn... What's with all the young guys getting a sports sedan more suited to an executive. Lol. At 36, married and working as a business professional, the M5 is an appropriate car that affords me comfort, practicality and some fun. Just my .02.

At your age I was looking for two seater sports cars. One seat for me and one for my date. Get an AWD 911.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #53
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
Damn... What's with all the young guys getting a sports sedan more suited to an executive. Lol. At 36, married and working as a business professional, the M5 is an appropriate car that affords me comfort, practicality and some fun. Just my .02.

At your age I was looking for two seater sports cars. One seat for me and one for my date. Get an AWD 911.
and what if you after 3-some or 4-some one night? call uber for the rest of your party?

i better fit 4 girls in my car and laugh at 911 guy
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #54
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
Quote:

and what if you after 3-some or 4-some one night? call uber for the rest of your party?

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 08:13 AM   #55
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Luxo, power, and wide wheels fits my requirement perfectly! Not buying this car to feel the speed, but a big power cruiser who would't want of those. 60-130 is when you the best feeling in a car like this, or what my salesman told me lol. Is that who you feel?
You won't don't worry.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #56
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1947 View Post

Seriously though, good job on the business. Indians sure like to hustle man. I started a diamond wholesale company, so I can hook it up on some bling if you get me a good deal on a semi-truck shipment or something.
I need diamonds for the GF let me know.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #57
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

This is getting better by the post
      07-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #58
amit1947
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i sport

335iRlz:

Message me with what you need. Loose stones description (carat, shape, color, clarity, etc) and if you want it set in jewelry or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #59
Cali01
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1947 View Post

I recently got a 2014 M5 Comp Pkg. Its damn fast, and its definitely a sports car. Its going to be a much firmer ride than you're used to in the LX.
Engraji beat the!!!

Thanks brother man! Life's to short for you not hustle and make the big leagues! Kids my age say yolo when they take drugs. I say yolo when I work, lol. Never was the type of kid that looked at nice things be like so & so must baller to afford that thing, I look at it and take it as motivation and gain what I want, when I was younger it used to because my academic success and now it me actually buying my things. You indian btw?

Yea I realized when I test drove nothing I can't get used too. My LX is floaty as hell, if I turn faster than I should I actually risk falling on to the passengers seat, lol.

Quote:

I'm much more of a sedan guy, if never been into luxury coupes don't know why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
This is getting better by the post
I don't get it...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #60
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

This post is a waste of time. Just get the car you want and post some pictures when you do. It's your decision to get whatever you like. Just drive safely.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #61
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post

Many easy ways around that. At least in my circle it was never a problem on how to transport the party from one location to another. And when we were partying at that level we always had private driver(s) with appropriate forms of transportation.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #62
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Many easy ways around that. At least in my circle it was never a problem on how to transport the party from one location to another. And when we were partying at that level we always had private driver(s) with appropriate forms of transportation.
sorry, cannot afford private driver(s)
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #63
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
sorry, cannot afford private driver(s)
Much cheaper than drunk driving fines and consequences... And MUCH cheaper than killing yourself and/ or others.
Also...it's not as expensive as you might think if you split it 2-4+ ways.
Either way... Cheers and happy hunting!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #64
Cali01
Private
Rep

I guess it was fun going hunting but I have to delay my purchase for a while, I'm kind of sad, I talked to my dad about it and he said I should wait a couple years solely because he doesn't want me to risk my life, he said the same thing you guys said he feels it has a lot power for RWD chassis and told me I should get used to power in a AWD platform, basically his Turbo, and told me get some practice in the '11 S63 before the new one arrives. It's kind of bummer but it's in my best interest and he told once I get used the AWD get and then get a 300hp-450hp RWD, something thats chuckable but won't get me in a horrible accident. He told me just because I the the funds doesn't mean I have the skill handle that much power going to the rear wheels, basically gave me a reality check, lol. Thanks for the advice guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #65
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
I guess it was fun going hunting but I have to delay my purchase for a while, I'm kind of sad, I talked to my dad about it and he said I should wait a couple years solely because he doesn't want me to risk my life, he said the same thing you guys said he feels it has a lot power for RWD chassis and told me I should get used to power in a AWD platform, basically his Turbo, and told me get some practice in the '11 S63 before the new one arrives. It's kind of bummer but it's in my best interest and he told once I get used the AWD get and then get a 300hp-450hp RWD, something thats chuckable but won't get me in a horrible accident. He told me just because I the the funds doesn't mean I have the skill handle that much power going to the rear wheels, basically gave me a reality check, lol. Thanks for the advice guys!
lol.... Listen to your dad. He knows everything about his kid better than you and us
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #66
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
In the mean time, check out programs like Skip Barber and start learning proper car control. If you have the means, and it appears that you do, it will be money very well spent.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0