Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Need your advice please guys with regards to water leak

So here is the story...

I returned from hols after NYE after being away for a week and found water in the rear passenger footwell of my car..

Car went down to my local delearship who replaced both door membranes on the rear doors with me thinking that was the issue solved - (this was covered under a gesture of good will)

Turns out it wasnt - Car went back in and spent 3 weeks having diagnostic work being carried out to identify a new leak coming from the grommet of the bulk head of the car. Apparently the car spent a day under a monsoon style water tester to confirm the leak was repaired and the car dry. I also managed to negotiate a goodwill gesture from BMW due to this being a know problem but ultimately the bill was still hefty

I picked up the car last Fri.....On Monday it rained lightly and after I came home from work I checked the car and surprise surprise, my front passenger footwell is wet so looks like the leak was never repaired

I sent a stinking email to BMW as well as the dealership in question which I wont mention for now.

BMW mentioned I should give the delearship an opportunity to rectify the situation but I have lost all faith in their ability to do so and no doubt they will want to strip the car down again, water test etc etc......(I will off course be refusing to pay any further assocaited costs). The car is due to go back in tomorrow morning

So I wanted to ask you all is there anything else I can do or should do in this situation or do I just need to wait and see what happens with the next round of repairs??I should state, that I am currently in contact with the head of UK BMW customer services and he is being kept in the loop all the way -so far he seems to be quite reasonable but I really need to see what happens next

Thoughts??
Appreciate 0