M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

12-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
vaibhav11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5 PMS Limited Editio

My 1200 mile service experience

Hi all,

I thought to share my recent experience with the 1200 mile break-in service. I took the car in at around ~1600 miles for the service last week.

I had scheduled a loaner but when I got to the dealership, they didn't have any. After waiting for about an hour, I got a F10 535i that someone had just returned. My dealer was about to pull a new F10 528i off the delivery truck for me, but this 535i happened to come in just in time. I did get a free detailing because of this inconvenience.

They did the run-in service, and some other small things I had asked them to do. After I left the dealership, I noticed that the 1200 mile service reminder was still showing up. They hadn't reset it. When I got home, I cross checked the dealer paperwork for the 1200 mile service against the document posted on this forum for what is to be done. I noticed two things were missing: The service reminder was not reset, and they had not changed the transmission oil since I have the 6MT model. I went back in today to get both things done.

For the 1200 mile service reminder, my service advisor couldn't reset it via the black button on the bottom left of the dashboard. He had to have one of the technicians reset it via their computer. They also changed the 6MT gearbox oil and apologized profusely for not catching this last week.

I'm still happy with my dealer and the service team, but it helps to have forums like this where we are able to share info and gain knowledge to better maintain our high value machines.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Good thing you told them about the tranny fluid change as required for the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav11 View Post
Hi all,

I thought to share my recent experience with the 1200 mile break-in service. I took the car in at around ~1600 miles for the service last week.

I had scheduled a loaner but when I got to the dealership, they didn't have any. After waiting for about an hour, I got a F10 535i that someone had just returned. My dealer was about to pull a new F10 528i off the delivery truck for me, but this 535i happened to come in just in time. I did get a free detailing because of this inconvenience.

They did the run-in service, and some other small things I had asked them to do. After I left the dealership, I noticed that the 1200 mile service reminder was still showing up. They hadn't reset it. When I got home, I cross checked the dealer paperwork for the 1200 mile service against the document posted on this forum for what is to be done. I noticed two things were missing: The service reminder was not reset, and they had not changed the transmission oil since I have the 6MT model. I went back in today to get both things done.

For the 1200 mile service reminder, my service advisor couldn't reset it via the black button on the bottom left of the dashboard. He had to have one of the technicians reset it via their computer. They also changed the 6MT gearbox oil and apologized profusely for not catching this last week.

I'm still happy with my dealer and the service team, but it helps to have forums like this where we are able to share info and gain knowledge to better maintain our high value machines.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0