Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #23
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
Yo Vic55, did you wrap your rear spoiler? My local shop said it may be difficult to get the wrap to apply properly at the very edge. Is that true?

its wrapped--- turned out pretty good and took about 45 minutes... I had a local area wrapper do it. The edges require some extra adhesive they dont curl up when the car wash guy hits it with a towel. So far so good with 2 washes since the wrap. Any decent wrap place should be able to do it.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #24
eNCore
///M 5light
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB ///M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I think you might be interested in this since the F12 and F10 exhausts are relatively the same.

I recently dyno'd my M6 stock (02/04/13) and then got the Meisterschaft Super GT Racing exhaust (no valves, I like noise all the time) installed this past Friday. Here are the dyno chart overlays and again thanks to Tom and team at EAS for doing this. As most of you Orange County guys know they are the "go to" out here for all your needs BMW wise.

Now the conditions were different from Monday to Friday so I take these with some cautious review but the car did indeed feel better after the exhaust was installed. Friday was cooler by about 7 degrees and since it was different days things could occur but the operator and the dyno are the same and the strap down procedure was the same as well. Im glad I didnt lose any power and the Meisterschaft is similar in sound levels (noise volume) to the Eisenmann Race axle back I have on my F10 M5. The sounds are different though. The Meister has a deeper throatier sound while the ERace is more exotic and a slightly higher pitched tone. Both are great for different reasons. I like Meister for its appearance, the cans are polished and the under piping is all stainless up to the resonator. I like the Eisenmann for the actual tips; no center supporting stick in the middle of the exhaust tips; Im not sure why its there but I will be cutting that out this week. The Eisenmann seems to provide more sound at coast down speeds to stop too. Some may not like this but I do. Ill be happy to answer more questions if you have any:

These are standard correction graphs and the exhaust appears to have produced some power and tq:

How's Eisenmann Race for everyday use? Will it be a bit too loud?

11 - 12 MW E92 ///M3 ZCP

08 - 11 E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #25
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

Nice. Removing my charcoal filters this weekend. Should be a good compliment to the BMC's. Love my Meisterschaft as well.
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #26
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNCore View Post
How's Eisenmann Race for everyday use? Will it be a bit too loud?
For me, its great. But exhaust sound, noise, drone, etc is so subjective you would have to hear it and probably take a drive in someones car to make a decision. I actually like the way the E race roars on coast downs to stop lights as much as I like it when Im on the pedal as I accelerate. Some here think its too loud though and I can see why.

I love the E Race- its a slightly higher pitched sound than the Meister; the same reason why I love the Meister too. The Meister is deeper but I do think the E Race is louder at WOT. They are in two different cars with two different sound deadening chassis's so its not an apples to apples comparo. They are two different animals getting me to the same place: exhaust symphony heaven.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0