Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #45
Ninong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Yeah and this is not just in US. Last week a BMW technician crashed M4 in Netherlands

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11503309...ashes-m4-coupe
At least that M4 was not a customer's car.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #46
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Wrong on every level and I feel your frustration.
I had an extremely unfortunate incident happen last year but this was caused by BMWNA. My car had the famous "Drivetrain Malfunction" light come on while I was running errands. Called BMWNA and they sent a flatbed wrecker. The malfunction kept the trans locked up and the genius driver of the wrecker could not figure out how to get my M on the wrecker. He finally backed up the flatbed to the edge of the back tires and was able to "slide" it up on to the bed. I was not happy about that at all. But, the real genius came into play when he attempted to "unload" the car at the dealershhip. He could not figure this out and placed many calls to his boss and others. Meanwhile, I was on my cell and telling the customer service rep at BMWNA what this buffoon was trying to do with my car. The wrecker operator finally got the car halfway off by sliding it off the flatbed by rocking the bed back and forth. Then he slowly drove the wrecker forward until the car was off the bed. BMWNA was 100% responsible for this as this was their carefully chosen "wrecker service". After battling it with BMWNA for several months (the driver broke my RK front spoiler lip) for some sort of compensation, I finally gave up. By the way, the BMW Mini GM recorded the whole circus event with his IPhone but would not give me a copy of the vid he took. All of this took over six hours from the time I called BMWNA which went past midnight. He assured me that he would forward it to the "right parties".
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #47
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Appalling
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 02:48 PM   #48
r33km5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m5

OP, what dealer was it? I want to avoid the same situation you had. This is just wrong on many levels.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:58 PM   #49
luvit
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

any update? are dealership or BMWNA doing anything to right this situation ?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #50
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC and 2015 4 GC

this goes on all over the US at dealers everywhere. "shop helpers"/mechanics/sales "reps" etc all do it. Instagram is full of kids who work at dealerships and "test drive" cars all the time and post em up.

Dealerships will always hire these kids, and always deny any wrong doing..... always.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #51
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
10K check???
Last year my car was in service for around 1 month waiting for part coming from Germany... They (dealer) sent me one month payment after complaining to BMWNA.
30 days out of service=Lemon law in California. BMW is required to refund all payments including interest tax etc mines mileage based on a 120K lifespan. $10K is cheap for them comparatively. They offered me $8K to keep my X5 after the motor blew.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #52
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Exactly why I take a pic of the mileage, and let my SA know I took it.
I also explicitly state THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO DRIVES WITHOUT ME APPROVING AND OPTION TO BE IN THE CAR DURING THE DRIVE.
I also have them use a steering wheel cover, seat cover and floor mats. I wear custom suits that cost and I'm not having a dirty tech leaving grease, dirt, etc in my car.
I don't even give my key to the lot attendant as their system is set up that way. I don't pull it into there 'service queue' where the attendant takes your key and processes it.
I DO park it in the lot, lock it and take the key directly to the SA where I lay out my rules. Each and every time.
I also have a sign I hang from rear view mirror that has in big red bold letters: DO NOT WASH THIS CAR. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE, DO NOT WASH THIS CAR.

Additonally, I don't just leave it there unless necessary. So far (knock wood) the only service visits have been such that don't require much more than a couple hours. And I simply bring my laptop and work from the waiting room.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center

Last edited by PhilT3; 04-12-2015 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #53
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

So sad, but more common then you think. I would ask for one month's car payment.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #54
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saab Aero

Update

Here is an update on what has been happening.
After reading these threads I decided to be more involved and contacted both BMW USA and AutoNation. The rep at BMW was shocked to hear what had happened, that they could not believe it. I told the rep that I wanted to be compensated I suggested a months payment or MSchool. She said she would reach out to the Field Rep/After sales regional manager to see what they would do. BMW USA called the next day and said they spoke with the central territory manager and she did not think it was a big deal and would not offer any assistance and refused to speak with me, that is "something she does not do" is what I was told by BMW usa.
AutoNation called last week after many many tweets, you can follow if you want @robertsalem23. People are following this and retweeting already. I spoke with the regional manager who said he would look into this. Have not heard back.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #55
SocalBM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3

Didn't think it was a big deal???? #1 yes, it's a big damn deal. #2, if she doesn't recognize that, she probably shouldn't be doing that job.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #56
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tanzanite Blue M5

Wow.
Not a big deal!?! Somewhere a village is missing it's idiot.
This is how BMW treats it faithful who buy one of their most expensive products.
Kind of reminds me how BMW told me to go piss up a rope when they had my M5 for a month due to the oil pump recall. After a nasty letter, they stepped up with an in store merchandise coupon for $500.

Now I think you need to use that dealership's lawn as a toilet.

Last edited by Northern X5M; 04-13-2015 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #57
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Sue them. And then see if it's a big deal. That use of your car is not in the agreement.

I would escalate to BMW NA again or ceo letter.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #58
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I would send a letter by Fedex to Ludwig Willisch, President of BMW NA.

This is a joke. Explicitly ask him if giving out customers private vehicles for shuttle bus duty is part of the BMW Customer Experience. Is it part of what Ultimate Service means to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #59
drewmisha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 4.8 ;2014 CP m5; 2016

Time to review the dealers name!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:55 PM   #60
Knicks_fan2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Definitely want to know which dealership this is so I can make sure to never give them my business.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #61
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I would send a letter by Fedex to Ludwig Willisch, President of BMW NA.

This is a joke. Explicitly ask him if giving out customers private vehicles for shuttle bus duty is part of the BMW Customer Experience. Is it part of what Ultimate Service means to BMW.
I did email him. No response. Sent Twitter to ceo of autonation also.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 01:16 AM   #62
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Why so reluctant to post the dealers name?

You'd be surprised what word of mouth could do to their business, especially with something so egregious as this
      04-14-2015, 01:53 AM   #63
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmisha View Post
Time to review the dealers name!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks_fan2 View Post
Definitely want to know which dealership this is so I can make sure to never give them my business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Why so reluctant to post the dealers name?

You'd be surprised what word of mouth could do to their business, especially with something so egregious as this
+1
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 08:15 AM   #64
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeriley View Post
The more I think about it the more upset I get. I did not ask for anything because frankly I did not even think of that. He offered to detail my car. I think at this point there needs to be more done, but I just don't know what. What are you thoughts?
Let me start by saying that it's good to vent your frustrations among like-minded people before you make any rash decisions. I hope you don't object to an open an honest response.

At this point you need to decide whether or not you want to continue your relationship with the dealership in question. Do, however, take into account that the grass may not be greener on the other side. Ask yourself if a small gesture is going to restore your trust in this dealership? Rather than, or in addition to, a financial settlement, you may want to agree a process in writing of how would like your car treated in the future. Obviously it may not be worth the paper it's written on, hence, the first statement about continuing your relationship or not.

None of us can reasonable expect everyone we encounter in a professional environment to have the same ethical beliefs as ourselves. The following comment may be viewed as overtly pessimistic, however, the only way to 100% guarantee this will not happen is to vote with your feet and not buy cars like these. Otherwise accept the small amount of pain that goes with the large amount of pleasure and work with your dealership to minimise the former. Sometimes we have to spell out our expectations as customers rather than assume they'll be met. I am in no way agreeing that a private car should ever be used as a courtesy shuttle, however, the dealership will be balancing our demands against the profit/potential profit they make from us and potential for reputational damage (as mentioned above). The apathy you have experienced may be in hope that the 'problem' will simply go away - 7 days is long enough for 'busy' people to respond.

I've had worse (not from BMW). Many years ago I had a 2 day old company car that needed a door re-painting. On collection the dealership had used my car as parts transporter (boot/trunk carpet was filthy). They had only stopped using it when the fuel had run dry - it was misfiring during the short drive to the petrol/gas station around the corner. Same manufacturer, different dealership - took car in for broken clutch return spring. I was told that they needed to order a whole pedal box , so required the car all day. On collection they said that I had to reschedule as the clutch return spring was on back order and were in complete denial of any mention of a pedal box! Unfortunately the SA was not discrete with the paperwork for my car; they had indeed ordered a pedal box against my car, then attached a job card stating that it should be fitted to another car. At least, on this occasion, they hadn't driven around in my car all day.

The only reason that I have mentioned this is to the support the other posts stating that problems such as what you have experienced are wider (and worse) than you may currently believe.

Last edited by Dionysus; 04-14-2015 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #65
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

1. Call BMW NA and report the delaership
2. Request a call from the GM and demand an explanation and consequences for the person that ok'd.
3. Post the dealer's name here including the SA.

Every time I drop off my car I request no test drives and no car washes.
      04-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #66
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst
1. Call BMW NA and report the delaership
2. Request a call from the GM and demand an explanation and consequences for the person that ok'd.
3. Post the dealer's name here including the SA.

Every time I drop off my car I request no test drives and no car washes.
I have contacted Bmw. They are aware of the dealer. They do not feel they should get involved.
Appreciate 0