M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-06-2015, 08:06 AM   #221
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by znammzM6
RPIM5,

I'm on the same boat as you man, 2 deployments in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan and I saved enough to buys the M5/M6 =)
You get it.

No one is prying the brain of my Mika open.
Eventually people will fe able to OBD flash our cars , but until then physically opening the ECU or ECU's in our case to bench flash is just not an appealing option . Especially since the Lieb 749 hp flash , only offers .1 second improvement over my best 100-200 km/he time with the Dinan stage 1 lol ( 6.2vs6.3 seconds) . Not a lot of real performance data out there yet either . I am at the point where I don't believe any of these dyno's anymore . All these 530whp + M3/4s . Look at the EAS car it ran JB4 ,full exhaust, and race gas and only had a 151mph best at the recent half mile event ? Right lol
To be fair I believe he set that time with 3 people in the car and on a wet/damp road...
To be fair I would have done it again on a different day . You don't do just one run ever , it's human nature to try to do better! I would expect an M5 making 750 hp to be well into the 5's . There are drag strips in Europe too and I've yet to see one tuned time or trap that has equated to the claimed power . There has been so much BS on this forum it's hard to not be a sceptic at this point . At this point I'm not skeptical about the tune as much as I am about the claimed power. Take PP's piggyback which showed over 800 whp on their MAHA with Mbitous and yet was .5 sec slower than the Lieb tune on the same car . Even MAHA results can and are being manipulated by vendors . It's just gotten awful .
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #222
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
To be fair I would have done it again on a different day . You don't do just one run ever , it's human nature to try to do better! I would expect an M5 making 750 hp to be well into the 5's . There are drag strips in Europe too and I've yet to see one tuned time or trap that has equated to the claimed power . There has been so much BS on this forum it's hard to not be a sceptic at this point . At this point I'm not skeptical about the tune as much as I am about the claimed power. Take PP's piggyback which showed over 800 whp on their MAHA with Mbitous and yet was .5 sec slower than the Lieb tune on the same car . Even MAHA results can and are being manipulated by vendors . It's just gotten awful .
In that thread he showed a meteogram that shows what kind of weather they are having where he lives (Netherlands). And he has to drive to Germany to have free speed and decent roads.

But, agreed on dyno results
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 05:25 PM   #223
halfbent
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
India
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
PedM5, thanks for coming on here and posting. The community appreciates your honesty and transparency.

So there we have it folks. The ECU encryption is not broken and physical manipulation of the ECU's is required. Though AMG and Audi folks may be used to this way of doing business, it is far too risky for me at this time. I don't really care if I can get 1,000hp from a tune by going with the method that Ped talked about, I simply don't want anyone drilling into my ECU's. Call me crazy, but I just don't trust anyone to do that. There may be ballers around here who can afford 5 M6 Gran Coupes if they wanted to but I saved up from 4 deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan just to buy my little M5. I don't want anyone cracking into my car like that, I worked too hard for it.

I'd like to hear gmd2003 chime in on this as well. He is also a highly respected and recognized expert in tuning.

Also Boss330, would you let someone tune your 5-Seried this way??

Well said RPI, well said
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #224
FreakM5
Rep
Drives: M5

Another 2 Euro tuners offer ECU flash/tune

DMS said almost 750bhp with another 110lb.ft of torque.

AA-Tuning For BMW M5 F10 (4,4l V8 412kW Stock) Tuning is around +60PS, +70Nm.
Appreciate 0