M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

10-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #177
tven99
GOVNER
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' M5, 05 P71, 15 SP CHLGR

It says on their website that its 680hp after the tune and after reading here and noticing they rate the stock hp at over 600+, just wondering how much WHP i will end up getting?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #178
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tven99 View Post
It says on their website that its 680hp after the tune and after reading here and noticing they rate the stock hp at over 600+, just wondering how much WHP i will end up getting?
Also their upgrade is with intake and exhaust, some more unknowns to what you're actually getting from just a tune.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #179
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
Great review !!
Dinan's Dtronic system is truly a creative piece on software genius.
Its like apples to oranges when comparing to BMS.
BMS is a great product but if you have the money to spend, Dinan is a better decision without a doubt.
Hope to see more M drivers make the Dinan decision. I'm sure this is just the beginning and with more product in development, the software levels are just around the corner with more performance to be made.

Any Southern California members on here that are thinking of purchasing this set up feel free to contact me. I'll take you on a test run and let you experience the Dinan system.
Eurokar have you dynoed any dinan stage 1's or tracked for some data? Just wondering. So far my BMS has proven 11.0 128mph with 670 whp and 650 peak wtrq. I know that way different then the stage 1 but I still haven't seen any Dyno jet numbers or track timea with dinan product.

As much as you say apples and oranges id like to see some proven gains from fellow users. Since you've done so many dinan stage 1's get some dynoed would love to see some numbers to compare.

Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #180
Hawkeye1
Displaced Iowan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CP

Upgraded Dinan Stage 1 Installed

Got my car back this afternoon with the upgraded Stage I Dinan tune. Played around some on the freeway, and the car is amazing, but numbers tell better stories than the 'butt dyno', so I'll be at the Ennis dragstrip Saturday night for Ultimate Street Night. Weather forecast shows 89 degrees Saturday, but lower humidity, so I'm hoping it will cool off enough at night that the ECU lets all the power flow. I don't have drag radials, so I expect plenty of wheel spin. The 'proof' of the tune will be in the trap speed. My best run without any Dinan tune was 119.3 mph (done in May). I also went to the strip immediately before and after having the Stage 1 tune installed in August. Weather conditions were lousy (over 95 degrees and humid) and heat soak was an issue:

Before: 12.4 @ 117mph
After: 12.0 @ 121mph

I'll post the numbers after Saturday night. Hopefully it will be cool...
2018 911 GT3 (Manual) - Mine
2013 911 S Cabriolet - Mostly mine
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #181
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye59 View Post
Got my car back this afternoon with the upgraded Stage I Dinan tune. Played around some on the freeway, and the car is amazing, but numbers tell better stories than the 'butt dyno', so I'll be at the Ennis dragstrip Saturday night for Ultimate Street Night. Weather forecast shows 89 degrees Saturday, but lower humidity, so I'm hoping it will cool off enough at night that the ECU lets all the power flow. I don't have drag radials, so I expect plenty of wheel spin. The 'proof' of the tune will be in the trap speed. My best run without any Dinan tune was 119.3 mph (done in May). I also went to the strip immediately before and after having the Stage 1 tune installed in August. Weather conditions were lousy (over 95 degrees and humid) and heat soak was an issue:

Before: 12.4 @ 117mph
After: 12.0 @ 121mph

I'll post the numbers after Saturday night. Hopefully it will be cool...
Awesome man can't wait to see it weather should be good as long as you have great traction. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 11:05 PM   #182
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
Also their upgrade is with intake and exhaust, some more unknowns to what you're actually getting from just a tune.
Just to clarify... the 680HP version he was referring to is Stage 1 (tune only, everything else is OE including stock cats, 93 octane fuel, etc). Stage 2 is where the intake/exhaust come into play and bump up the power a tad.

Looking forward to Hawkeye's review on the track as well. Hoping the weather cools down a bit for you. It definitely has here on the west coast recently.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #183
KSAF
Speed Demon
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Just to clarify... the 680HP version he was referring to is Stage 1 (tune only, everything else is OE including stock cats, 93 octane fuel, etc)
How will it perform on 91 octane fuel?
      10-22-2014, 02:49 AM   #184
tven99
GOVNER
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' M5, 05 P71, 15 SP CHLGR

i also wonder what race fuel would do
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #185
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Eurokar have you dynoed any dinan stage 1's or tracked for some data? Just wondering. So far my BMS has proven 11.0 128mph with 670 whp and 650 peak wtrq. I know that way different then the stage 1 but I still haven't seen any Dyno jet numbers or track timea with dinan product.

As much as you say apples and oranges id like to see some proven gains from fellow users. Since you've done so many dinan stage 1's get some dynoed would love to see some numbers to compare.

Thanks man!
I do not have access to a dyno in my area.
So I cant get that info for you. It does not benefit me to drive over an hour to a reputable dyno facility.
And just to clarify as I always put in my posts is that the HP gain "feelings" are seem pretty equal to what around 3.5 is on BMS.
Its the overall drivability/smoothness that Dinan exceeds when compared to the BMS. That you can tell a huge difference
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #186
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I do not have access to a dyno in my area.
So I cant get that info for you. It does not benefit me to drive over an hour to a reputable dyno facility.
And just to clarify as I always put in my posts is that the HP gain "feelings" are seem pretty equal to what around 3.5 is on BMS.
Its the overall drivability/smoothness that Dinan exceeds when compared to the BMS. That you can tell a huge difference
No problem.

In the mean time Terry sent me a new firmware and let me tell you the car feels awesome and the smoothness is there as you described comparing Dinan and BMS.
Here's a log before and after you can see how much smoother the torque comes in. Should make some great gains do to the smoothed torque and coming across the board.
For those who have BMS you need to try the new firmware before you switch I think you will be impressed.
Going to Dyno this week to compare to my last Dyno pull.

Also need to get to a track and see if launching will be smoother and helping with a better 60ft.

Good job T car feels great. Now for some dinan and BMS comparisons in power and smoothness.

Can't wait to see some with some real data.
Attached Images

Last edited by m6beast; 10-22-2014 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #187
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No problem.

In the mean time Terry sent me a new firmware and let me tell you the car feels awesome and the smoothness is there as you described comparing Dinan and BMS.
Here's a log before and after you can see how much smoother the torque comes in. Should make some great gains do to the smoothed torque and coming across the board.
For those who have BMS you need to try the new firmware before you switch I think you will be impressed.
Going to Dyno this week to compare to my last Dyno pull.

Also need to get to a track and see if launching will be smoother and helping with a better 60ft.

Good job T car feels great. Now for some dinan and BMS comparisons in power and smoothness.

Can't wait to see some with some real data.

What is the procedure for updating the firmware ?
And before the M5/M6 application was officially released and BMS had everyone use their N63 application is there an issue updating or using that setup ?
I have the N63 setup..that's why I'm curios and I live in CA so I cant purchase the S63 harness. Almost feel BMS should offer a trade in for the customers that were not offered the S63 kit due to not being ready.
I hear that the S63 kit has more features as well
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #188
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What is the procedure for updating the firmware ?
And before the M5/M6 application was officially released and BMS had everyone use their N63 application is there an issue updating or using that setup ?
I have the N63 setup..that's why I'm curios and I live in CA so I cant purchase the S63 harness. Almost feel BMS should offer a trade in for the customers that were not offered the S63 kit due to not being ready.
I hear that the S63 kit has more features as well
I just sent him an email for another customer of mine that is using stage 1 to see what he will need from me.
Mine is a stage 2 meth intergration. He sent me a new firmware through email and I uploaded it. Then changed a parameter and off I went. The car needs a couple pulls to smoothen out but what a difference. Not sure how it will perform at the track but we will see.

I'll keep you in the loop.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #189
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I just sent him an email for another customer of mine that is using stage 1 to see what he will need from me.
Mine is a stage 2 meth intergration. He sent me a new firmware through email and I uploaded it. Then changed a parameter and off I went. The car needs a couple pulls to smoothen out but what a difference. Not sure how it will perform at the track but we will see.

I'll keep you in the loop.
Awesome !! Yes please keep us updated.
Your version of the BMS is newer then mine.
I would have to somehow purchase a kit like yours if I wanted those features.
Damn CA government lol
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #190
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Awesome !! Yes please keep us updated.
Your version of the BMS is newer then mine.
I would have to somehow purchase a kit like yours if I wanted those features.
Damn CA government lol
Well I had the first BMS ever for the M6 as I asked Terry to make it work for my M6. after some logs and me posting that it works for the M6 I had those hating on me! But here I am with stage 2 meth and hoping to get into the 10's with some great 60fts. Easier said then done that's for sure.

I still have my old board but like I said been using stage 2.

I'm pretty sure will work with firmware upgrade maybe Terry can chime in.

If terry sends me the firmware upgrade for stage 1 to do a before and after run at the track with my customers M5 that wil be some great data to show as well.
That way I have some data for stage 1 and stage 2 meth intergration.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #191
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well I had the first BMS ever for the M6 as I asked Terry to make it work for my M6. after some logs and me posting that it works for the M6 I had those hating on me! But here I am with stage 2 meth and hoping to get into the 10's with some great 60fts. Easier said then done that's for sure.

I still have my old board but like I said been using stage 2.

I'm pretty sure will work with firmware upgrade maybe Terry can chime in.

If terry sends me the firmware upgrade for stage 1 to do a before and after run at the track with my customers M5 that wil be some great data to show as well.
That way I have some data for stage 1 and stage 2 meth intergration.
Sounds good.
I emailed BMS asking about the update and if there is a difference between the 2 versions
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #192
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good.
I emailed BMS asking about the update and if there is a difference between the 2 versions
Just talked to Terryhave to send him some logs from my customers stage 1 first then will decide wether or not it will work. So maybe a couple of days for me to run my customers car. Will let you know once I have some data.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #193
EuroKar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Just talked to Terryhave to send him some logs from my customers stage 1 first then will decide wether or not it will work. So maybe a couple of days for me to run my customers car. Will let you know once I have some data.
I'll await your update.
I emailed BMS today regarding software updating etc. and their reply was "If and any updates you can find them on N54tech.com".
And that was it.
Kinda the usual cut and dry reply I've always received from them.

Last edited by EuroKar; 10-22-2014 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0