M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #23
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
South Florida. UPS is fine with minor exceptions once in a while (package with from Amazon missing transfer in Louisville, so arrives late, for example). FedEx overnight ("real FedEx") is mostly fine but have a bad habit of leaving packages, including perishables and packages that require signatures such as wine, without even ringing the doorbell. FedEx Ground is terrible. On multiple (at least 3 in past 12 mos. that I can readily recall) occasions they claim they tried to deliver and the package was refused so I can only guess the driver either made it up or tried to deliver to the wrong address. They never ring the bell when dropping a box on the ground outside the front door. I'm not saying the driver needs to hang around for someone to answer the door but what's so effing difficult about ringing a doorbell that's right where you are dropping the box to let someone know it's there? Further raising these issues with FedEx is not that easy and upon submitting a web form, it requires calls from 2 different managers because overnight and ground are separate, and neither do shit about service issues. Oh, and all that service comes at a premium price. So all of that is why FedEx sucks so bad, but I digress...
Ohhh how I hate Fed Ex for this. I think they must fine drivers for ringing the bell That is the only reason I can figure why you would not ring a bell that is RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR FACE when you bend down to place a package on the front door step.
      09-25-2017, 06:40 PM   #24
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
South Florida. UPS is fine with minor exceptions once in a while (package with from Amazon missing transfer in Louisville, so arrives late, for example). FedEx overnight ("real FedEx") is mostly fine but have a bad habit of leaving packages, including perishables and packages that require signatures such as wine, without even ringing the doorbell. FedEx Ground is terrible. On multiple (at least 3 in past 12 mos. that I can readily recall) occasions they claim they tried to deliver and the package was refused so I can only guess the driver either made it up or tried to deliver to the wrong address. They never ring the bell when dropping a box on the ground outside the front door. I'm not saying the driver needs to hang around for someone to answer the door but what's so effing difficult about ringing a doorbell that's right where you are dropping the box to let someone know it's there? Further raising these issues with FedEx is not that easy and upon submitting a web form, it requires calls from 2 different managers because overnight and ground are separate, and neither do shit about service issues. Oh, and all that service comes at a premium price. So all of that is why FedEx sucks so bad, but I digress...
Same here, I HATE FEDEX WITH A PASSION lol. I love UPS and wish everyone would ship through them or USPS. The last 6 packages I had come through FedEx were either late, took 1wk plus(I DESPISE their smartmail? service), or like you said the driver said I wasn't available even though there was someone home on the days they stated this. It was so bad they did this 3 times on one package and I finally got to someone who could do something(like 5-6 phone calls to them for this one package) and had to have them hold it at the local facility and go pick it up. Then they proceeded to tell me the wrong time for when the shipping facility opened so I had to sit there for an hour.

UPS on the other hand is always on time or early and have never had anything damaged by them.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410951.50
      09-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #25
shrimp_chips
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 ZCP

Funny coincidence..but all of a sudden I'm told the UPS claim has been approved, and the restocking fee only applies to undamaged parts in my order. The truth is the parts I ordered were a set of M4 GTS taillights, the two main housings on either side were damaged. The smaller units arrived safely.

She told me to ship her the other un damaged lights when I get back for a 20% restocking fee, and apparently the PayPal refund fee has vanished. She's not charging me a restocking fee on the damaged lights (why thank you sooo much). I'm still going to lose some $$ but this seems like the most reasonable and easiest option Thanks for the help/direction on this one..definitely won't make the same mistake in the future.

I think this a good time to move on the Porsches tho
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #26
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I used to work for a national wholesale consumer electronics distributor and have seen tens of thousands of dollars a month in broken TVs. You can?t inspect your deliveries enough before signing.