BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 DIY Guides

02-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
nugent
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

don't think i'd disable that saftey feature.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #46
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

For those messing with the HUD turn signals, an interesting thing I have found is that somehow the "profiles" are linked to whether they work or not. If you program them and they seem to only work some of the time, go into the profile menu and switch to one of the other profiles (even if still named '----' by default). You'll find one where it is 'working'. Unsure if this will happen with any other settings, but figured I would share my experience.

REF:
HUD TURN SIGNALS
KOMBI -> 3008 -> HUD_PIA_BLINKER -> aktiv
KOMBI -> 3008 -> BLINKER_HUD_ENABLE -> aktiv
HU_NBT -> 3000 -> HUD_TURNSIGNAL -> aktiv
Display turn signal indicators in the HUD
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #47
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

I would think some of the coding settings are tied to the profile you had activated while coding the car.
I've never confirmed/tried as I haven't used the other key yet
Now the interesting test would be if the settings would move with the profile to another car (doubt it)
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:04 AM   #48
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
I would think some of the coding settings are tied to the profile you had activated while coding the car.
I've never confirmed/tried as I haven't used the other key yet
Now the interesting test would be if the settings would move with the profile to another car (doubt it)
I haven't experimented with the profile export function. Might try it today and see what the file type is. Probably a binary, but might get lucky and it be a compressed XML or something...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #49
X5Blair
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X535d; M2, M3, M5, 540d, AMV8V

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent
ok I figured it out. default for my car is nicht activ and werte = 1 for CAF. changing to activ automatically sets werte = 0. leave it that way and it will work.
cheers.
This worked!! Thanks!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #50
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep

jmh, et al.

I've had DVD playback working while in motion and I have gone through and set some of your values from your list (or in some cases verified they were already set) regarding media handling. I've yet to end up with a Video option in the menu: just the standard DVD/CD.

Two questions on video capabilities:

1) Did I understand you were able to rip a DVD to the hard drive? Or is it just if you put a USB stick with a video on it you are able to import that to the hard drive?

2) Playing video from the iPhone4s without a cradle (via the regular USB cable)- have you achieved this? I noticed this past weekend an entry in the ESYS dialog that looked like you declared which USB to source video content from. In my case it had USB2. I don't have or plan to have a cradle. Any thoughts on whether modifying this to be USB1 is part of the solution for playing video back from iPhone4s over the USB cable (without a cradle)?

note: when I playback video now I get the audio on the car, I get feedback on the iPhone4 screen that the video is playing on "the tv" (and not the iPhone Screen), but I never end up with video on the car screen.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #51
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntomferg View Post
jmh, et al.

I've had DVD playback working while in motion and I have gone through and set some of your values from your list (or in some cases verified they were already set) regarding media handling. I've yet to end up with a Video option in the menu: just the standard DVD/CD.

Two questions on video capabilities:

1) Did I understand you were able to rip a DVD to the hard drive? Or is it just if you put a USB stick with a video on it you are able to import that to the hard drive?

2) Playing video from the iPhone4s without a cradle (via the regular USB cable)- have you achieved this? I noticed this past weekend an entry in the ESYS dialog that looked like you declared which USB to source video content from. In my case it had USB2. I don't have or plan to have a cradle. Any thoughts on whether modifying this to be USB1 is part of the solution for playing video back from iPhone4s over the USB cable (without a cradle)?

note: when I playback video now I get the audio on the car, I get feedback on the iPhone4 screen that the video is playing on "the tv" (and not the iPhone Screen), but I never end up with video on the car screen.
I have not ripped any DVD (or even music) to the internal HD so not sure if it actually
might work.

There are two threads which might be of use for playing video over USB on the HU_NBT
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=668902
and
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=626326

I can't verify things as I am travelling in Europe and the car is in the shop until next week.

- Jan
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:31 AM   #52
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I can't verify things as I am travelling in Europe and the car is in the shop until next week.

- Jan
Thanks for the links Jan. Enjoy your time in Europe!
I'm thinking the DVD rip functionality is a dream that I just 'thought I read' at one point. Can't find where it was so I am going to chalk it up as 'not real.'
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #53
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

I tried the WiFi coding and now get on the connections menu WiFi and Bluetooth. I enabled WiFi and can see the "BMWxxxxxx" AP on my laptop's list of available wireless connections. When I tried to connect to it, am given a window to enter the WPA key and I entered the default key that is displayed on the car's screen but fail to connect. I then changed the key to something simple thinking I might be mistyping the key, something like "AAAAAAAA" (8 A's as there is a prompt to enter at least 8 characters) but still am not able to connect. Per the laptop, problem seems to be with the AP and suggests to recycle it. I turned off the car and waited serveral minutes to turn it on again and did the WiFi menu selection. Still my laptop is not able to connect.

I just wanted to find out if anybody successfully connected to the wifi ap at first try. Also if anybody has encountered problems connecting to the AP and how he/she resolved it. Thanks for any info.
      03-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #54
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep

I turned it on but have yet to try it with a laptop. When I tried it with my iphone (and a DLNA app) it looked like it did not have a DHCP service on the AP. You can try manually setting the IP address on the wifi profile for the laptop and see if that corrects the issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #55
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

I think I found the problem, it is not with the WiFi key. On the screen/page where it shows the option to check WiFi which is above the WiFi key is another entry about "Connect ...". This has to be chosen which then leads you to another screen/page that tells you to enter the WPS Pin or WPA key. Once you do this and have the laptop connect to the car's WiFi AP (of course after inputting the WPA code), I got a successful connect. Now the car's screen, shows the name of the server (laptop) and to its right are a video and music icons (filmstrip and music note). I guess we have to do the "test and learn" method as we are in newly explored territory and no available manuals yet. Now the next thing I did was to try to connect from a client device (using my tablet) that is running a DLNA client software. I have a DLNA server running on the laptop serving some media files. My tablet with the DLNA client can't seem to find the DLNA server that is connected via the laptop's wifi connection (tethered) to the car's wifi hotspot -- this is another obstacle, he he.
      04-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #56
rickf325
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

This is awesome, stuff, thanks a ton. I have some requests and am curious whether these can be enabled by coding, and if so how?
  • Instantaneous MPG reading (I saw someone else ask this, but did not see a response).
  • Automatic activation of the PDC below some speed (for example, automatically on at < 5 mph).
  • Creep mode, ie. automatic activation of the "Low Speed Assistant" when letting off the brake after a full stop, instead of having to "blip" the throttle.
  • Disable speed limiter (no reason to go above 155mph, but why have the limiter)

Thanks!

Last edited by rickf325; 04-23-2013 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #57
rickf325
Private
Rep

Question on these:

Quote:
ENABLE HUD DISPLAY FOR ENTERTAINMENT LIST AND TELEPHONEBOOK ENTRIES
KOMBI -> 3000 -> HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE -> aktiv
Enables radio menu
KOMBI -> 3000 -> HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE -> aktiv
Enables recent calls list to be displayed
KOMBI -> 3000 -> HUD_TELEFONBUCH_ENABLE -> aktiv
Doesnt seem to do anything, should display full contact list
HU_NBT -> 3000 -> HUD_ENTERTAINMENTLIST -> aktiv
adds checkbox under Settings -> Heads Up Display -> Displayed Information menu
for "Entertainment/Telephone" . However the checkbox cannot be selected.
When do the radio menu's and call lists appear in the HUD? Always? Do they replace the nav? Or they appear only when that is what is selected on the iDrive?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #58
rickf325
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntomferg View Post
Looks like someone found a way to disable active sound:

3000 ASD-Configuration - Funktionen - Baureihe to F021

Ref:
Is there a way that one could simply lower the volume of the active sound? I like the bass in the engine note, but it is just overpowering when in Sports+.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #59
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf325 View Post
This is awesome, stuff, thanks a ton. I have some requests and am curious whether these can be enabled by coding, and if so how?
  • Instantaneous MPG reading (I saw someone else ask this, but did not see a response).
  • Automatic activation of the PDC below some speed (for example, automatically on at < 5 mph).
  • Creep mode, ie. automatic activation of the "Low Speed Assistant" when letting off the brake after a full stop, instead of having to "blip" the throttle.
  • Disable speed limiter (no reason to go above 155mph, but why have the limiter)

Thanks!
Speedlimiter can not be removed via simple coding
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #60
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Question on these:

When do the radio menu's and call lists appear in the HUD? Always? Do they replace the nav? Or they appear only when that is what is selected on the iDrive?

Thanks!
As you use the little control wheel on your steering wheel the list for telephone/radio/audio will appear in the HUD
The entries will dis-appear after a timeout period
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #61
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is there a way that one could simply lower the volume of the active sound? I like the bass in the engine note, but it is just overpowering when in Sports+.
Well besides the "Motor" setting there are also settings for "Audio System" and "Leistungsklasse" .
It might be possible to change the volume via any of these , likely the Leistungsklasse one
The 'Leistungsklasse' field can be set to 'ML', 'UL', 'KL' or 'OL'.
On the M5 it is set to ML
So you could try to change it to any of the other values and see if it makes a difference
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #62
rickf325
Private
Rep

Quote:
Well besides the "Motor" setting there are also settings for "Audio System" and "Leistungsklasse" .
It might be possible to change the volume via any of these , likely the Leistungsklasse one
The 'Leistungsklasse' field can be set to 'ML', 'UL', 'KL' or 'OL'.
On the M5 it is set to ML
So you could try to change it to any of the other values and see if it makes a difference
Thanks. "leistungsklasse" means "performance category". I wish I knew some german / could figure out what the M, U, K, or O would mean in front of the L (which I assume would mean Leistung = Performance).

My M5 is on a boat after ED, so will try these out when I get it. Has anybody else tried?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #63
jmh
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. "leistungsklasse" means "performance category". I wish I knew some german / could figure out what the M, U, K, or O would mean in front of the L (which I assume would mean Leistung = Performance).

My M5 is on a boat after ED, so will try these out when I get it. Has anybody else tried?

Thanks!

Wild guess might be

M = "Mittlere" (Middle)
U = "Untere" (Lower)
O = "Obere" (Upper)
K = "Kleinste" (Lowest)

But as I said I haven't tried it as I don't think ASD is something 99% of the folks really can "hear" , but to each their own
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #64
rickf325
Private
Rep

Quote:
Wild guess might be

M = "Mittlere" (Middle)
U = "Untere" (Lower)
O = "Obere" (Upper)
K = "Kleinste" (Lowest)

But as I said I haven't tried it as I don't think ASD is something 99% of the folks really can "hear" , but to each their own
Thanks!

I actually like/can't hear the ASD except for when in Sports+ Throttle Response: then, it is just a bit too much. I'd prefer it to be the same across all the driving modes.

Do you know off hand what the default is?

(I'm sitting around with cable and a software and no car ).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #65
phil_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Hi,

I'm trying to code / disable ASD on my 2013 M5.

Under ASD I don't see Baureihe. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edit:

Looks like Baureihe translate to model range. So I think I'm good.
Attached Images

Last edited by phil_; 03-13-2015 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #66
lfelunden
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Garage List
Quote:
Speedlimiter can not be removed via simple coding
Do you know if "S7MAA COMPETITION PACKAGE" can be added to the VO? Will that make it work - sorry for OT.
Appreciate 0