nice stable
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #46
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Not much attention at all. I've been approached on a couple of occasions at the gas station. I've gotten 3 or 4 thumbs ups from other BMW owners. Now the amount of people that want to run me, that is substantially higher. And by people I mean Mustangs and Camaros.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #47
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

I stare at all m cars. Haha...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #48
derekana
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
This was the reason why I had (sometimes) thoughts about getting an M6 instead of an M5. I'm a young guy and I still have yet to meet that special lady in my life, so I was thinking an M6 would help me to better lure her in. Lol! Just kidding.

M6 is sexy though, and there are times I do question myself for having two rear doors when I have no one to use them 99% of the time.

But yeah my M5 is invisible to 99.9% of drivers out on the road. The general public thinks it's a 528i until I roar past them with the sound of a jet bomber.
A lady who decide to be with you or not because of the car you drive, is not so special...... good girls never care what car you drive, they care more about your personality and how you treat them.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #49
oryshi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10M5/335AH

I got some attention during the first week I had the car… a few thumbs up and compliments from the valet etc. Now, I swear it's like I am driving a camry… I do however think that moonstone is a rather discreet color if I had to do it over again I would choose black or MCB. I almost got a white B7 instead of the M5, now that would have gotten more attention for sure!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #50
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oryshi View Post
I got some attention during the first week I had the car… a few thumbs up and compliments from the valet etc. Now, I swear it's like I am driving a camry… I do however think that moonstone is a rather discreet color if I had to do it over again I would choose black or MCB. I almost got a white B7 instead of the M5, now that would have gotten more attention for sure!
I've found that Moonstone is generally ignored in overcast weather (when it's looking titanium silver or light gold), but I've had several occurrences of other drivers hanging on my third quarter on the motorway in sunny weather.

I'm personally bemused at just how many people mistake a 3 series for a 5 or vice versa, VW Golf & Polo, etc.

With so many EB F30s M Sports in the UK, MCB will 'blend', std f10 colours such as Sapphire Black or Space Grey will be the ultimate sleeper M5 colours...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #51
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob169 View Post
Owning a white '89 UR quattro and 1978 911 you tend to know what attention feels is like
Is the UR in Audi 'Mother of Pearl'? That was my favourite colour of it's time (was really into Audis in my teens). I such an iconic car I can appreciate how much attention you receive. Any chance of some pics (or link to)?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #52
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
This was the reason why I had (sometimes) thoughts about getting an M6 instead of an M5. I'm a young guy and I still have yet to meet that special lady in my life, so I was thinking an M6 would help me to better lure her in. Lol! Just kidding.

M6 is sexy though, and there are times I do question myself for having two rear doors when I have no one to use them 99% of the time.

But yeah my M5 is invisible to 99.9% of drivers out on the road. The general public thinks it's a 528i until I roar past them with the sound of a jet bomber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekana View Post
A lady who decide to be with you or not because of the car you drive, is not so special...... good girls never care what car you drive, they care more about your personality and how you treat them.
why there is always a guy who doesnt get a joke or deputy of captain obvious
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #53
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
Quote:
Originally Posted by oryshi View Post
I got some attention during the first week I had the car a few thumbs up and compliments from the valet etc. Now, I swear it's like I am driving a camry I do however think that moonstone is a rather discreet color if I had to do it over again I would choose black or MCB. I almost got a white B7 instead of the M5, now that would have gotten more attention for sure!
I've found that Moonstone is generally ignored in overcast weather (when it's looking titanium silver or light gold), but I've had several occurrences of other drivers hanging on my third quarter on the motorway in sunny weather.

I'm personally bemused at just how many people mistake a 3 series for a 5 or vice versa, VW Golf & Polo, etc.

With so many EB F30s M Sports in the UK, MCB will 'blend', std f10 colours such as Sapphire Black or Space Grey will be the ultimate sleeper M5 colours...
I actually think that people mistake the F10 for the F01 7-Series more. I catch myself seeing a 7-Series on the street and then realizing it's actually a 5-Series. They look too similar from a distance. I'm sure with my black M5 people think it's a 7 a lot. Lol! Oh accept for this one time when I had my M5 parked out in front of my condo building here in DC and some random passerby'er commented that I had a nice looking Dodge Charger. I wish I was joking about this. I think it's cause Virginia, DC, and Maryland use a lot of murdered out Dodge Chargers for unmarked cop cars. Oh and North Carolina is really bad for it too! Doh!! I said to the guy, thanks! And let him keep thinking my M5 was a Dodge Charger. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #54
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I actually think that people mistake the F10 for the F01 7-Series more. I catch myself seeing a 7-Series on the street and then realizing it's actually a 5-Series. They look too similar from a distance. I'm sure with my black M5 people think it's a 7 a lot. Lol! Oh accept for this one time when I had my M5 parked out in front of my condo building here in DC and some random passerby'er commented that I had a nice looking Dodge Charger. I wish I was joking about this. I think it's cause Virginia, DC, and Maryland use a lot of murdered out Dodge Chargers for unmarked cop cars. Oh and North Carolina is really bad for it too! Doh!! I said to the guy, thanks! And let him keep thinking my M5 was a Dodge Charger. Lol!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #55
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
But yeah my M5 is invisible to 99.9% of drivers out on the road.
I'm assuming the 0.1% of the time is when your 'cloaking device' has been faulty a passers by are running for cover from the impending thunderstorm

Last edited by Dionysus; 11-13-2013 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #56
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
I'm assuming the 0.1% of the time is when your 'cloaking device' has been faulty a passers by are running for cover from the impending thunderstorm
Dude, I'll tell you a funny story. Now I don't always drive like this, but some people need to be taught a lesson, here it is.

The other weekend when I was on my way up to Pennsylvania to visit my sister, I was driving at around 8pm on the dark highway with only 2 lanes through a construction zone. The speed limit was 55mph so I slowed down to 54mph and obeyed the law. I was in the left lane when I did this and I constantly kept having to move over to the right because people did not want to obey the construction speed limit and I had a lot of people tailgating me, wanting me to move out of the way or go faster. Most people I just let them go and pass by, hoping they'd get a ticket. Keep in mind I'm running full radar detection and laser jamming, and the people who are passing me have no protection, so I'm not worried about getting a ticket myself, 99% of the time I obey the speed limit. But then comes along this one douchebag, who is in a civic with a fart can exhaust or something and gets on my ass, starts honking and flashing his lights. I naturally move over to the right lane again (by the way I can't stay in the right lane 100% either as there are cars moving at less than 55mph so I have to get in the left lane to circumnavigate them time to time), and then proceeded to hit the ///M button. Well you can guess what happened next. As soon as the annoying civic is about to pass me on the left, I gun it, and a huge explosion of Twin Turbo V8 glory happens behind me. I take it up to triple digits then slow down again and wait for him to catch up, then I do it again and get in front him on purpose and slow down. Yes at this point, I'm being what some may call an A-Hole, but this guy deserved it. I eventually end my flashing of my headlights, honking of my horn and exploding of my straightpipes and let him go. As he passes me for the final time, the passenger in the civic rolls down the window and gives me a huge thumbs down. I'm thinking to myself "///Mission Accomplished!" And laughing out loud to myself behind my 15% tinted windows. Some people just need to be punished with the ridiculously loud sound of a straightpiped S63tu for their stupidity. I hope that he learned to never annoy a family sedan again, but probably not. Lol!

On the upside, it felt SOOOOO good to stretch my M5's legs again. Listening to the reverberation of the straight sound of the engine against the highway dividers gave me warm and fuzzies.

Last edited by RPiM5; 11-13-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #57
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Damn no mercy at all! I like it
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #58
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

I get a lot of attention in my AW. I think its more due to the fact of how i drive it and a lot of people in NYC know what it is
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #59
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Damn no mercy at all! I like it
I take no prisoners man.

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #60
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I take no prisoners man.
I want a better exhaust, I reported that mine had been rattling at the 1200 service and since then the cp exhaust is much more quiet than before. My exhaust must have been blowing. Gone is that near thunderous sound during WOT

Asked service and they said some "general non-specific adjustments" had been made.

It's still an improvement on non-cp, but may have to check out m performance now.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #61
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I want a better exhaust, I reported that mine had been rattling at the 1200 service and since then the cp exhaust is much more quiet than before. My exhaust must have been blowing. Gone is that near thunderous sound during WOT

Asked service and they said some "general non-specific adjustments" had been made.

It's still an improvement on non-cp, but may have to check out m performance now.
Just ask boots. Get an RPi GTM exhaust with the resonators and you will LOVE IT! My setup is not for the faint of heart. Lol!

I have decided that in order to help my M5 combat the really really bad drivers here in the Washington DC area, that tailgate, cut you off, and text while driving, I have ordered this. I'm hoping that they will at least annoy people enough that they keep their distance behind me, so I don't get rear ended or tailgated.

I should have them installed next week. Yay!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #62
Hoopumpers
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Garage List
73 911 RSR  [0.00]
04 996 Cup  [0.00]
06 997 Cup  [0.00]
12 Boxster Spyder ( ...  [0.00]
15 Sierra HD Denali  [0.00]
16 GT3RS  [0.00]
17 Radical SR3  [0.00]
18 Model X  [0.00]
18 GT350R  [0.00]
19 M2 Comp  [0.00]
What are those Dave?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #63
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

euro rear fog lights.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-F10-535...tch/ES2597681/
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #64
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
Yup!

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597179

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #65
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
you dont have rear fog lights on american cars? WTF?
if smn tries to flash me for driving "fast" at night, or didnt want to let me go and i still went in front of him or driving stupidly slow with no reason and i overtake him i always use fog lights

it really annoys people and they start flashing, but dont realise all my mirrors are auto-dimming, so i just laugh 0% tints on back window and 30% all around help as well
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #66
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

you can ask me, i am closer than Boots and you can hear mine
Appreciate 0