M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

08-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Turner Tuning Module

Ok, Peeps! Looks like there is another player out there. Thoughts? http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-20...campaign=sonax
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Dyno
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-26-2014, 08:52 PM   #3
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Almost the same setup as BMS but 5x the price. They claim to control fuel and timing just like Dinan. I still wouldn't pay that.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #4
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Which one do you have RPI? COuld you PM me the price as well as a quick review of what you think of it? Easy to install? Can you uninstall before taking to dealership? Will the dealership know if it has been modded? Can I install it myself? Thanks alot in advance. I know you write the best reviews.
@RPiM5
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano View Post
Which one do you have RPI? COuld you PM me the price as well as a quick review of what you think of it? Easy to install? Can you uninstall before taking to dealership? Will the dealership know if it has been modded? Can I install it myself? Thanks alot in advance. I know you write the best reviews.
@RPiM5
Well I have BMS and I know a lot of people are using BMS. I'm not going to say that it's the best, but it is a fact that it is the cheapest and it is a quality product. It does sound like Dinan and now the Turner Tuning module somehow control fuel and timing which is a good thing, but I don't if it worth an extra couple thousand dollars just for those capabilities. Not a whole of people have reported on their experience with the Dinan or Tuner modules, but the fact remains that whatever direction you go with these are rather simple piggyback tunes that do not take full control of all ECU parameters. I personally like BMS because it is user programmable and super easy to install and uninstall and is not detectable by dealership computers.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Well I have BMS and I know a lot of people are using BMS. I'm not going to say that it's the best, but it is a fact that it is the cheapest and it is a quality product. It does sound like Dinan and now the Turner Tuning module somehow control fuel and timing which is a good thing, but I don't if it worth an extra couple thousand dollars just for those capabilities. Not a whole of people have reported on their experience with the Dinan or Tuner modules, but the fact remains that whatever direction you go with these are rather simple piggyback tunes that do not take full control of all ECU parameters. I personally like BMS because it is user programmable and super easy to install and uninstall and is not detectable by dealership computers.
Thanks Dave, can you tell me the difference between a piggyback tune vs. a full tune? does the car handle differently? I have no idea what the diff is?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
Drm5
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 sakhir orange

I do have to say that from that Dyno it appear that the power is improved at mid and high rpm range and not in the lower rpm which is got to influences some of the grip issues. They do get more power than BMS does.. If you add downpipes to that it should be around 130 hp gain at the midrange.
And the torque curve doesn't have that early dip seen on BMS at about 2,500 rpm...!!!!!
Appreciate 1