M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-05-2023, 03:52 AM   #1
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Spare tire problem with M5's

There was a long thread before about this but seems to have been largely swept under carpet?
It's a continuing nagging problem if you get a flat (on the road) which can't be repaired by the BMW supplied flat fluid and a separately purchased flat tire kit of rubber strips and glue.
The only solution I think of is carrying a 19'' BMW complete wheel which would clear the calipers and with the same PCD with a suitable mini jack,wheel stud wrench, flash light, kneel pad etc Would take up some room in trunk sure but what peace of mind if stuck in the middle of nowhere.
There are spare 'space saver' wheels available from Italy but would they really be suitable without being tested.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 09:12 AM   #2
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

It’s a real problem especially for those who run aftermarket and bigger wheels. I once had a flat and used the stock wheel as a spare. The car did not like having a 295/30/20 and a 325/25/21 on the same axle. In hindsight, it might make sense to change out use the entire OE set if this should happen to me again.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60072.50