M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

06-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #23
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by momos750 View Post
Yes, a full wash.

It's better to let your car sit dirty and not attempt to remove dust or dirt with detail spray and microfiber.

My car may sit for 3-4 weeks until I have time to do a proper wash, which to me is pre wash with a pressure washer, foam cannon, and then 2 bucket wash. Anything else and you're going to mess up your paint.

Just my opinion.
      06-24-2016, 08:35 PM   #24
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

Agreed. Only light dust can be removed with quick detailer spray or something like Optimum No Rinse. If it's dirty, it needs soap and water.
      06-28-2016, 02:52 AM   #25
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep

I wouldn't even advise removing light dust with a quick detailer unless you implement a PROPERLY used California Duster into the equation. Problem is, too many people use a CA Duster completely wrong.
      06-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #26
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
I wouldn't even advise removing light dust with a quick detailer unless you implement a PROPERLY used California Duster into the equation. Problem is, too many people use a CA Duster completely wrong.
I just ordered 6 16x16 Pluffles today!! I have yet to see any negative feedback any where about them. The Junkman has yet to steer me wrong with his advice and techniques. "just anotha brotha in his garage!" over here! lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 05:47 PM   #27
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep

Another brutha' in his garage? This world can't handle TWO of us!
      07-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #28
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Sorry brah make me the third brotha in the crew
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #29
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Sorry brah make me the third brotha in the crew
The garage is getting packed. I think we need to invite some girls and move this show outdoors to the pool party.
      07-06-2016, 05:46 AM   #30
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Lol totally agree.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:24 AM   #31
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008
Can you elaborate on this?
      07-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #32
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilb View Post
Can you elaborate on this?
Sure can. The products & product names have NOTHING to do with it. It's how everything is used.

07-07-2016, 02:58 PM   #33
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5

Junkman, your videos are very informative and you have a great personality.

If I could make one recommendation: It would be nice to have a "Cliff Notes" version of your videos. I just watched the 4 videos about the CA Duster and it took me 40 minutes to watch. The "need to know" could have easily been summed up in 3-4 minutes and much easier to watch.

Just my thoughts. If your videos were shorter, I'd watch a lot more of them.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 10:16 AM   #34
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum903 View Post
... Just my thoughts. If your videos were shorter, I'd watch a lot more of them.
If my videos were shorter, they wouldn't be "a brutha' in his garage production."

Here's the deal. There are hundreds upon hundreds of videos on You Tube where some guy slaps some product on a car that already looks good as says, "Look at how much better this car now looks!" And then you have hundreds upon hundreds of guys out there like me who are looking at the screen like, "That didn't prove a darn thing!" This is WHY my channel was born.

Almost 30,000 subscribers later, the template that I used to make my first video is still working. I am on You Tube for ONE reason, to teach. I am not there to make money (I own an IT business that allows me to work 10 hours a month and all my bills are paid), I am not there for the popularity (I'm 53... what mature adult wants to be popular at 53) and I am not there to sell anything. The one thing that I love to do is teach and that what I use You Tube for.

The subjects that I cover could be done with less banter, but then my videos would be as BORING as all the other detailing videos out there. Have you set through some of those snoozers? I don't even watch other people's detailing videos because none of them are interesting to me. It's like sitting through calculus class on Monday in high school on a rainy day. No thanks.

So I came up with the idea to not only be THOROUGH in my videos but to also be ME. People who know me love having me around because they claim that I am fun and funny, especially women. I have had more dates from beautiful women because I made them laugh. Apparently, that's important to women. So with that in mind, I introduced my format. It took off like Apollo 11 and there is no way that I am going to change what has worked so well for all of these years. This stuff can only be taught using cliff notes if you are gullible enough to believe anything I say without me proving it. I'm not that way so I don't think that people watching my videos are that way either. This is why I take the time to explain everything in detail and leave no stone unturned.

Tons of people have told me that if they had a teacher like me in school, they would have actually learned something and enjoyed school. I know exactly what they are talking about because I felt the same exact way. My teachers were as boring as hell and I barely passed high school. It took me two attempts at college because my teachers were so dry. But the second time was the charm. I met a teacher who knew how to deliver the material and I ended on the Dean's list and also the math tutor (a subject that I failed miserably in high school). So this is why my videos are the way they are. They are NOT for everyone but then the same thing can be said about Halley Barry. As beautiful as she is, she's had a few men give her a pass. You may have to do that to my videos but if you decide to stick around, I guarantee you that you won't find any others like them on You Tube.
      10-23-2016, 08:08 PM   #35
Wheel man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Garage List
+1 on the waffle weave towels and Air Force master blaster combo. Metro offers a new 30ft hose that I like to use with wall mount. I only need one towel per wash. Good info as usual JM 2008
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 08:16 PM   #36
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep

Thanks for watching.
      02-12-2018, 10:01 PM   #37
Madvillain
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearview View Post
Air Force Master Blaster 8hp

Problem solved
i got an elec leaf blower from kijiji for 30$ does the same job
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 11:58 PM   #38
ykjones
Master Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 Signapore Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
The garage is getting packed. I think we need to invite some girls and move this show outdoors to the pool party.
And another brutha in his garage. Where's the pool party at? Semper Fi Junkman. As always, excellent and on point TMI's and PME's!
VF Engineering Hex Stage 1, RPI GTM Black edition, KW HAS, Dinan sway bars, Matt Schnell spacers, IND black chrome, M Performance rear spoiler, M Performance rear diffuser, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, ESS stainless steel brake lines, EBC Red Stuff ceramic pads, BMC air filters, charcoal filter delete, sprint booster, V1w/Blendmount, BIM coding all options, Pedal Haus pedals, Formula One Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0