clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
I love your car. You have the same colors I'd take it... BUT
You think the F10 sounds better than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QAlnEtGJcA8

??????

Awesome sound, but i question its suitability in a large executive sedan. The V10 is more suited to an all out sports car that BMW just won't make
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #68
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
I love your car. You have the same colors I'd take it... BUT
You think the F10 sounds better than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QAlnEtGJcA8

??????

F10's sound is very bassy, deep and growling and sounds more refined than E60's "wild untamed howl". You may like E60's sound (especially with aftermarket exhausts) but please listen to F10 in person, I've heard so many YouTube videos and none were even close to how F10 sounds in real. YouTube videos make E60's sound better than it is (maybe because it captures high pitch/treble) and F10's sound have no bass whereas there's a lot of deep, soft bass which is very pleasant to ears. Please see the car and decide for yourself, tastes are different

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpak23 View Post
The exhaust sounds better then the e60? you must have added the premium speakers
Actually it must be you who has premium speakers to judge a car's sound from YouTube I own them both and heard them when driving myself or from outside. One should really listen to the sound in person and decide for himself Tastes are different, to my taste the bassy masculine sound is very refined, loud, quality and more suitable for this car, albeit less wild. There's nothing to persuade here, feel free to like V10 tastes are different
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #69
logpak23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post

Actually it must be you who has premium speakers to judge a car's sound from YouTube I own them both and heard them when driving myself or from outside. One should really listen to the sound in person and decide for himself Tastes are different, to my taste the bassy masculine sound is very refined, loud, quality and more suitable for this car, albeit less wild. There's nothing to persuade here, feel free to like V10 tastes are different
Lol it was a joke dude (f10 uses speakers for some noise) but nonetheless your opinion is honored and welcome
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #70
Jack28
HUSTLER
Rep
Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3

Congrats on a Beautiful M5! That interior is a thing of beauty. Thanks for the feedback

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #71
singularity
Driver
Rep

Updated with new photos. Unlike commercial pictures of other colors (especially Monte Carlo Blue) this is exactly what the car looks like in person. Can be added to Official ALPINE WHITE F10 M5 Photos Thread
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #72
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

As alway singularity you've done a fantastic job supporting the F10 M5 forum here.

Well done. Thx for your efforts.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #73
TonyMeister
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW...
Location: I'm here I'm there I'm F' everywhere I'm the eggman

Singularity.

If you say the F10 sounds better than the E60, then I believe in you because you had both cars and you are more than qualified to judge the sound than some members in this very thread. Anyway, congrats. The combination of alpine white with sakhir orange interior and 20 inch rims looks superb.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #74
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMeister View Post
Singularity.

If you say the F10 sounds better than the E60, then I believe in you because you had both cars and you are more than qualified to judge the sound than some members in this very thread. Anyway, congrats. The combination of alpine white with sakhir orange interior and 20 inch rims looks superb.
Yes, and same is the opinion of other M5 F10 owners and many people who have test driven or seen the car in person. That's because the massive bass and growl from F10 can't be seen on any video. Of course I'm noone to judge other peoples' tastes and preferences

E60/E63 (S85 engine) exhausts are unmistakable and amazing and I kept my E63. I also called Akrapovic today and they said the soonest I can expect their exhaust to be produced and delivered is August or maybe September.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #75
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes, and same is the opinion of other M5 F10 owners and many people who have test driven or seen the car in person. That's because the massive bass and growl from F10 can't be seen on any video. Of course I'm noone to judge other peoples' tastes and preferences

E60/E63 (S85 engine) exhausts are unmistakable and amazing and I kept my E63. I also called Akrapovic today and they said the soonest I can expect their exhaust to be produced and delivered is August or maybe September.
Are you doing the full cat back or just the axle back kit?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #76
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Are you doing the full cat back or just the axle back kit?
After I heard the 6 month date I didn't ask about what they would offer
I'd prefer full cat back, but don't know if it will void the 2 year warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #77
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
After I heard the 6 month date I didn't ask about what they would offer
I'd prefer full cat back, but don't know if it will void the 2 year warranty.
From what the dealerships do it tends to vary. Some that are good have no issues with it. Some are uselelss and the minute you make a change they are sticking it in your face.

Better to have a "off the record" talk with the service manager at your preferred dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #78
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
From what the dealerships do it tends to vary. Some that are good have no issues with it. Some are uselelss and the minute you make a change they are sticking it in your face.

Better to have a "off the record" talk with the service manager at your preferred dealership.
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that tomorrow when I bring the car for new rear shock absorbers/bearings/springs change because of that "clunking sound" which they haven't figured yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #79
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

question:
Did you change the front grill to the black one?cuz from this post
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586581
all the front grill are sliver (except that safty car), how did you change that? did you buy that from the dealer?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #80
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Wink Thank you ;)

Quote:
F10's sound is very bassy, deep and growling and sounds more refined than E60's "wild untamed howl". You may like E60's sound (especially with aftermarket exhausts) but please listen to F10 in person, I've heard so many YouTube videos and none were even close to how F10 sounds in real. YouTube videos make E60's sound better than it is (maybe because it captures high pitch/treble) and F10's sound have no bass whereas there's a lot of deep, soft bass which is very pleasant to ears. Please see the car and decide for yourself, tastes are different

Thanks for not taking my freedom away

Well in fact I have heard the F10 even with Akrapovic exhaust in Munich before. And not only drive by but rev right next to me and drive back and forth. The sound is so bad that they even had to fake the sound inside the car. I mean seriously, isn't that the proof right there? And if you are looking for good deep muscular sound, you should consider an AMG. CLS63 AMG or maybe an SLS. Those have great V8 sounds. The E63 (BMW F10) engine not so much I think. However I am HAPPY that BMW fires the cylinders in a different order to get that UNIQUE sound out of the V8 so the experts can identify the car by listening to it (just like in the E60 days). BMW is unhappy to have to downsize to V8s and 6cyls for the next M3 but the government just gives them no choice.
I am just glad that Audi still has a V10 and Ferrari will continue with their great V12s.

Still congrats to your car I am jealous I don't have an M car anymore. But I'll have the M5 soon for 2 weeks and see how it works.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 02:44 AM   #81
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW0412 View Post
question:
Did you change the front grill to the black one?cuz from this post
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586581
all the front grill are sliver (except that safty car), how did you change that? did you buy that from the dealer?
Thanks
Since BMW doesn't offer black grills with Night Vision support, I had my stock chrome grills painted gloss black by the dealer.
Appreciate 0