BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #67
wmontalt
Rep
Drives: Bmw 550i M Sport Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
I will get back to you on the seat thing - FYI I don't have the m seats, but just the standard sports seats and so far I haven't noticed anything uncomfortable at all, but haven't done any long journeys - I find the seats extremely comfortable and of course very configurable.

I have not noticed road noise at all. Only exhaust noise and lots of bass!!
Thank you I didn't know that the M5 could be ordered with different seats. Is your seat the multi contour seat available in the non M5?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #68
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
hm yeh youre right there. seems a bit odd. will check out to see if thats normal! well spotted!
Yes it is normal. Mine has them like that, and the test cars we drove at the Aussie launch at Phillip Island were all like that - a few people picked it that's why I noticed it on my car.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #69
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black F10M M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmontalt
Quote:
I will get back to you on the seat thing - FYI I don't have the m seats, but just the standard sports seats and so far I haven't noticed anything uncomfortable at all, but haven't done any long journeys - I find the seats extremely comfortable and of course very configurable.

I have not noticed road noise at all. Only exhaust noise and lots of bass!!
Thank you I didn't know that the M5 could be ordered with different seats. Is your seat the multi contour seat available in the non M5?
The sports seats have the m logo on the headrest and are very comfortable. The upgraded m seats look more padded and luxurious, but I felt it wasn't worth it at the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #70
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

great looking m5.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #71
Drifting Tree
Drifting Tree
United_States
Rep
Drives: I'm only 15

Love the car.

I dig your name more PHish... best ever
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #72
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Tree
Love the car.

I dig your name more PHish... best ever
Thanks!! My parents did well choosing that one
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #73
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs up More photos!!!

I took some more photos today - the car is a bit dirty as i havent washed it yet, but it was sunny so i hope you can all see the colour a bit more clearly!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #74
///M5Canuck
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xDrive

OK; that colour is effing gorgeous. Well done.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #75
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

Great pictures, do the windows have a slightly darker tint or is it the reflective nature of the paint colour giving the illusion of darker windows. The car looks very menacing which goes well with loud and brutal......
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #76
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM47
Great pictures, do the windows have a slightly darker tint or is it the reflective nature of the paint colour giving the illusion of darker windows. The car looks very menacing which goes well with loud and brutal......
I got the option to tint all rear windows, so you're right, they are darker than the front ones...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #77
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100
I took some more photos today - the car is a bit dirty as i havent washed it yet, but it was sunny so i hope you can all see the colour a bit more clearly!
Just stunning.

Please keep posting pics I can't get enough. Hopefully you have a chance to clean the car when it gets warmer and we get to see the color clean and shining in the sun.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #78
Bimmercrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 F10, SG/Black

Phish, glad the drive-train faulty message turned out to only be a sensor. Good news...I had Morne in my car trying to sort out a couple of ConnctedDrive glitches and I asked him if he had a diagnosis on your fault, apart from his surprise that I even know about it as this was on Monday he didn't know at that point.
Re the courtesy car...as Clarkson said 530d is a great car but you will appreciate getting the beast back even more after spending a few days in that tractor
      03-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #79
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmercrazy
Phish, glad the drive-train faulty message turned out to only be a sensor. Good news...I had Morne in my car trying to sort out a couple of ConnctedDrive glitches and I asked him if he had a diagnosis on your fault, apart from his surprise that I even know about it as this was on Monday he didn't know at that point.
Re the courtesy car...as Clarkson said 530d is a great car but you will appreciate getting the beast back even more after spending a few days in that tractor
That is absolutely classic!!! He knows I am active on forums so surprised he didn't realise I would post something! I found the aftercare from park lane pretty bad I'm afraid.

How is your beast and what issues did you have with connecteddrive?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 01:51 AM   #80
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

congrats!! excellent color!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #81
Bimmercrazy
Private
Rep

Quote:
That is absolutely classic!!! He knows I am active on forums so surprised he didn't realise I would post something! I found the aftercare from park lane pretty bad I'm afraid.

Thanks
I may agree with you on aftercare, too early to tell but being BMW UK you would rightly expect the best service. I bought 2 cars at the same time so maybe I'm seeing the better side 'cos of that. I've found a good alternative in West London if all else fails.

The software has a couple of glitches re the ConnectedDrive and the iphone firstly the apps don't work when th iphone is in the snap in cradle,
Secondly and more annoyingly to use the BMW apps including web radio (which is pretty cool) you need the BMW app open on the iphone. If you then want to check emails on the iphone the BMW apps on the monitor disappear and stop working. All apps stay on in the "background" on an iphone so you can quickly switch from one to another without loosing your place when you go back to an app...no so with BMW Connected app. Park Lane have written to UK, who are writing to Munich to ask what can be done as that is a school boy mistake.
thirdly my address book on the iphone is only partially downloaded to the car.

Having said all that the car is stupendous! How the **** did they manage to create such an incredible benchmark. Drove to Silverstone and back on the weekend, still staying within the run in limits but it is crazy what this car can do and feel like at both ends of the spectrum. As Hammond said "the best car in the world"
      03-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #82
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmercrazy
Quote:

Thanks
I may agree with you on aftercare, too early to tell but being BMW UK you would rightly expect the best service. I bought 2 cars at the same time so maybe I'm seeing the better side 'cos of that. I've found a good alternative in West London if all else fails.

The software has a couple of glitches re the ConnectedDrive and the iphone firstly the apps don't work when th iphone is in the snap in cradle,
Secondly and more annoyingly to use the BMW apps including web radio (which is pretty cool) you need the BMW app open on the iphone. If you then want to check emails on the iphone the BMW apps on the monitor disappear and stop working. All apps stay on in the "background" on an iphone so you can quickly switch from one to another without loosing your place when you go back to an app...no so with BMW Connected app. Park Lane have written to UK, who are writing to Munich to ask what can be done as that is a school boy mistake.
thirdly my address book on the iphone is only partially downloaded to the car.

Having said all that the car is stupendous! How the **** did they manage to create such an incredible benchmark. Drove to Silverstone and back on the weekend, still staying within the run in limits but it is crazy what this car can do and feel like at both ends of the spectrum. As Hammond said "the best car in the world"
Great. How many miles have you done? I have seen the same issues with connected drive. Out of interest, do you use Bluetooth audio with an iPhone? I might be getting a bit too niche now :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #83
Bimmercrazy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Great. How many miles have you done? I have seen the same issues with connected drive. Out of interest, do you use Bluetooth audio with an iPhone? I might be getting a bit too niche now :-)
Forget niche, I am neck deep in it. I have 3 options:
Snap in cradle - best if you want the iphone layout and platform on the monitor to browse your iphone music
USB - best for BMW ConnectedDrive App but also this way does show artist / album artwork from iphone (I think...can't quite remember)
Bluetooth - best for accessing all other iphone apps while still listening to music. Music best managed directly with the Music app on iphone

Generally I use Bluetooth unless battery is low, then I use USB. I only use cradle if I want to show off how good the iphone compatibility looks on the monitor.

480 miles on the clock, it's my daily car for in town so miles take a while, need to go for a day out of town to rack them up more quickly
      03-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #84
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok so is the sound quality better when phone plugged in compared with Bluetooth? I thought it might be.

Do you use spotify on your iPhone?

What's the difference between the cradle and just using a white USB-iphone lead to plug the phone into the socket under the middle armrest?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #85
Bimmercrazy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ok so is the sound quality better when phone plugged in compared with Bluetooth? I thought it might be.

Do you use spotify on your iPhone?

What's the difference between the cradle and just using a white USB-iphone lead to plug the phone into the socket under the middle armrest?
No haven't tried Spotify, does that play through the car speakers just like the iphone music app?

With the cradle you get a completely different design to what you see on the monitor, it looks a bit more fancy and it uses a similar layout to that of the actual music app on the iphone: Playlists, Artists, Albums, Songs etc...and then when you select a track the artwork fills the screen and is more prominant...but at the moemt ConnectedDrive doesn't work in the cradle which Park Lane are working on fixing directly with BMW Uk.
      03-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #86
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

You call that sunny?................I guess for London it is....

Anyways, I was thinking Azurite is a bit more blue than Carbon Black- am I right?

-Bond
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #87
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
that is another favorite color added to the list; after of course the infamous Carbon metallic.
Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #88
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Congrats! Very nice