M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #67
MakeEmDrool
MD, PhD, and OPP
Rep
Drives: M3 E92, F10 M5 on zee wei

you know, i waded (big mistake) into this discussion in another forum, and boy, what a mistake. If you're in one camp - before long you start shooting daggars at the other. So very, very stupid and childish.

we all get it - if you like DCT, you think 6MT drivers are neanderthals who count using their fingers and have no respect for technology. if you like 6MT - you think DCT drivers enjoy driving involvement as much as everyone's 80yo grandmother on her way to the store and back.

how's bout everyone just order what they like, enjoy the drive and stop insulting the other side. while we're at it, hows bout not wasting time on this issue in forums either. after all, when each of you see the other out on the street in an M5, old or new, you (should) be giving each other the thumbs up - and thats transmission unseen. that goes double if like me 20yrs ago, you're on the street seeing one go by wishing you could own one one day.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #68
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeEmDrool View Post
you know, i waded (big mistake) into this discussion in another forum, and boy, what a mistake. If you're in one camp - before long you start shooting daggars at the other. So very, very stupid and childish.

we all get it - if you like DCT, you think 6MT drivers are neanderthals who count using their fingers and have no respect for technology. if you like 6MT - you think DCT drivers enjoy driving involvement as much as everyone's 80yo grandmother on her way to the store and back.

how's bout everyone just order what they like, enjoy the drive and stop insulting the other side. while we're at it, hows bout not wasting time on this issue in forums either. after all, when each of you see the other out on the street in an M5, old or new, you (should) be giving each other the thumbs up - and thats transmission unseen. that goes double if like me 20yrs ago, you're on the street seeing one go by wishing you could own one one day.
Ditto case closed well stated! By the way I love my DCT(:
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #69
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 M Sport, 2015 M4 Vert

Everyone I see in my 6MT loves it, they want one in 6MT and say that would have been their choice (then again they just may want one in any transmission style) shit, my wife laughed at me when I ordered and now she wants to drive it all the the time to the store and run errands telling me she is trying to help me break it in - ya right. The sales guys at the dealer and mechanics say they would have it too, no they are not trying to appease me, it's already been sold. I get alot of 'That's whassup, you did it right - with a fist-bump here and there...

It gets a lot of positive attention around the MT, much more than I thought it would.. I know I made the right decision, it makes the car that much more special from what I see..

It's not the best in traffic but then again the clutch is soft and my left leg is out of shape.... For now
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #70
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

Ditto to the last 2 posts. People are complaining that there is a choice. Sheesh. Pick what you like. It's a win win here. In the end both sides love their cars so for those of you who can't decide, take comfort in knowing that it'll be great no matter what you choose.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #71
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeEmDrool View Post
we all get it - if you like DCT, you think 6MT drivers are neanderthals who count using their fingers and have no respect for technology.
I count using my fingers, and am deeply offended.

Also, have you seen my baseball?

Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0