Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Closed Thread

02-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

Angry Purchased Meisterschaft GTC Exhaust from member WhiteWalker - received it defective

Posting this in this section as well, so that members are fully aware of this guy WhiteWalker.

I purchased this GTC Exhaust from this seller/member:

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...7#post21274077

I received an exhaust that was not as described. First of all the wire was spliced on one of the exhausts, but more importantly, the EV assemblies on each exhaust was non-functioning as was discovered by a very well known shop.

The seller is refusing to honor the credit to get the EV to working condition. I need to purchase 2 valve assemblies from GTHaus and the seller is not willing to cover that cost.

I will be taking the seller to court, as he was first willing to cover the cost to get it repaired, and now is not.

Just wanted to get the word out on this forum incase someone is thinking of doing business with him or buying anything from him.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #2
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Posting this in this section as well, so that members are fully aware of this guy WhiteWalker.

I purchased this GTC Exhaust from this seller/member:

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...7#post21274077

I received an exhaust that was not as described. First of all the wire was spliced on one of the exhausts, but more importantly, the EV assemblies on each exhaust was non-functioning as was discovered by a very well known shop.

The seller is refusing to honor the credit to get the EV to working condition. I need to purchase 2 valve assemblies from GTHaus and the seller is not willing to cover that cost.

I will be taking the seller to court, as he was first willing to cover the cost to get it repaired, and now is not.

Just wanted to get the word out on this forum incase someone is thinking of doing business with him or buying anything from him.

sorry dude. that's terrible. Makes me think thrice about buying from these sources. I too almost got scammed by BMWMartie. Probably changed his name by now and scamming other victims.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Dont forget to use the Itrader rating on him (its right under your location listing on the left side)
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #4
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post
sorry dude. that's terrible. Makes me think thrice about buying from these sources. I too almost got scammed by BMWMartie. Probably changed his name by now and scamming other victims.

Good luck!
Thanks brother. It's unfortunate, too many bad apples out there. But I will have him cover it one way or another.

If spending thousands through courts and and an attorney is what it will take, then so be it. Atleast he will learn a lesson. I learned a lesson to spend a little more but buy brand new.

He picked the wrong person to play games with, and will learn the hard way it looks like as he is unwilling to refund for the replacement valves. It would be cheaper for him to cover the $800 he owes me and be done with it and put it behind him, but he will spend much more than that in the end.
Appreciate 1
BDWonder138.00
      02-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #5
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Dont forget to use the Itrader rating on him (its right under your location listing on the left side)
Thanks, will definitely do that.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #6
BDWonder
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks brother. It's unfortunate, too many bad apples out there. But I will have him cover it one way or another.

If spending thousands through courts and and an attorney is what it will take, then so be it. Atleast he will learn a lesson. I learned a lesson to spend a little more but buy brand new.

He picked the wrong person to play games with, and will learn the hard way it looks like as he is unwilling to refund for the replacement valves. It would be cheaper for him to cover the $800 he owes me and be done with it and put it behind him, but he will spend much more than that in the end.
good move! If you are able to do so, please teach a lesson! Good luck dude!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post
good move! If you are able to do so, please teach a lesson! Good luck dude!
Thanks, I won't let this fly.
Appreciate 1
BDWonder138.00
      02-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #8
mister2d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Meh... his side sounds plausible as well. You should have just taken the exhaust off your car and sent it back to satisfy the claim that you lost. Don't care if you painted it. With disputes like that you don't get to get a refund + keep product. Initially it looks like all sales were final, but the situation changed where you could have sent it back and had this all resolved.

Shouldn't be smearing when you had some fault to bear in this as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:43 PM   #9
BDWonder
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
Meh... his side sounds plausible as well. You should have just taken the exhaust off your car and sent it back to satisfy the claim that you lost. Don't care if you painted it. With disputes like that you don't get to get a refund + keep product. Initially it looks like all sales were final, but the situation changed where you could have sent it back and had this all resolved.

Shouldn't be smearing when you had some fault to bear in this as well.
I disagree with your statement.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #10
mister2d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I had the tips painted black, so I couldn't send it back for a refund. Per PayPal's policies, items have to be sent back in the same condition as they were received in to quality for a refund.

Having that I painted the tips black, it wouldn't be in the same condition as I received in so the seller would have informed PayPal about that and I would have been denied a refund at that point.
The seller said he would have accepted them painted. How would PayPal have known. He even footed you cash to resolve whatever other issues you had.

A seller looking to scam doesn't send a buyer hundreds of dollars in excess of product to scam them.

At some point after being unreasonable, you decided you wanted a free exhaust by filing multiple claims/chargebacks that did not get approved.

Seller still hasn't gotten paid and you have an exhaust on your car. Nice work.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #11
LA-M55
Banned
Yemen
Rep
Drives: Lightning fast m5

Quote:
The seller would not have accepted them painted. He would of notified PayPal that they were painted.

I am not sure why you claim that I wanted a free exhaust. I filed the PayPal claims because I was owed money for damages that were not disclosed. After PayPal closed the disputes in his favor (since I didn't send the exhaust back to him), I contacted my credit card company.

The seller will be receiving the funds back because I don't have them since PayPal closed the disputes in his favor, and my credit card company is no longer pursuing those funds since they contacted PayPal and PayPal told them that since I didn't return the exhaust to him, that the funds belong to him.

I wasn't looking for a free exhaust, I wanted to get what I paid for, and that is an exhaust that wasn't defective.

If you received an exhaust that was $850 different then you expected and you knew the buyer wasn't willing to rectify the situation, why wouldn't you have sent it back when you had your chance? Paypal is basically saying "if you don't like the item ship it back" you didn't and had to of known if you didn't ship it back, you were risking the exact outcome of this situation. At this point you decided to keep it and have to brush it off. Good luck trying to sue someone for $850 on a used exhaust in a different state lol! not happening and a waste of your time and thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #12
mister2d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The seller would not have accepted them painted. He would of notified PayPal that they were painted.

I am not sure why you claim that I wanted a free exhaust. I filed the PayPal claims because I was owed money for damages that were not disclosed. After PayPal closed the disputes in his favor (since I didn't send the exhaust back to him), I contacted my credit card company.

The seller will be receiving the funds back because I don't have them since PayPal closed the disputes in his favor, and my credit card company is no longer pursuing those funds since they contacted PayPal and PayPal told them that since I didn't return the exhaust to him, that the funds belong to him.

I wasn't looking for a free exhaust, I wanted to get what I paid for, and that is an exhaust that wasn't defective.

You received it defective. What happens when I receive something defective? I send it back. I don't keep it, modify it and then install it to cry foul later.

Sounds like are acquainted with Paypal's protection policy. You should then know that if you receive something defective you are protected by sending it right back. You didn't. You kept it after it was "defective", received money from the seller to rectify the situation, then proceeded to get money back from your credit card dispute--hence why I say you want a free exhaust. Finally you put your old exhaust up for sale.

Seems really simple to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #13
LA-M55
Banned
Yemen
Rep

Quote:
I don't think that you have a good understanding of the facts or you must not have read it all, because if you did, you wouldn't state what you did especially since I am in the same state as the seller, we actually live 30min apart.
Your right, I didn't realize. My question is this... were you willing to do cash pickup or did you need to use PayPal? I do find it weird that he had to ship but it's kind of understandable if you only wanted use PayPal.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 10:08 PM   #14
LA-M55
Banned
Yemen
Rep

Quote:
He's the one who insisted on PayPal and would ONLY ship it to me, even though we were 30min apart.

I wanted to pick it up in person but he didn't want me to do that. I would of paid either in cash, PayPal, or however else he wanted.

I was also very flexible and was willing to work on picking it up around his schedule, and he still declined for me to pick it up.
Then he screwed u, he knew what he was doing. You should have sent it back with the black tips, there would have been nothing he could do. PayPal works in weird ways. At this point I guess you can take him to small claims if you have some hard evidence.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 06:22 AM   #15
WTFBRUHM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i & F80 m3 on order

Honestly I'm tired of seeing this thread popping up wherever I go... I'm going to tag both mods so hopefully they closes this one as well. Dackelone southlight
Appreciate 3
      02-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #16
LA-M55
Banned
Yemen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBRUHM3 View Post
Honestly I'm tired of seeing this thread popping up wherever I go... I'm going to tag the same mod again so hopefully he closes this one as well. Dackelone
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 08:48 AM   #17
mister2d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
He's the one who insisted on PayPal and would ONLY ship it to me, even though we were 30min apart.

I wanted to pick it up in person but he didn't want me to do that. I would of paid either in cash, PayPal, or however else he wanted.

I was also very flexible and was willing to work on picking it up around his schedule, and he still declined for me to pick it up.
That's because you aren't covered by Paypal Seller Protection. But you knew that because he also told you this.

It's on the Paypal page where you read the other protections.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...ler-protection
Quote:
What isn’t covered by Seller Protection?

Most PayPal transactions are covered as long as they follow these requirements. However, there are instances where Seller Protection doesn’t apply:

-Claims, chargebacks, or reversals filed because the item is significantly different from how it was described (e.g. you described an item as “new,” but sent a used one).
-Intangible purchases like services, digital goods, etc.
-Items picked up locally or in person.
What you are doing is littering the message board with half truths trying to gain attention.

I know one thing, you will be blacklisted from anything I sell.
Appreciate 2
AWF87M2826.50
Closed Thread