M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #23
Rearview
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I am sold.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #24
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Honestly most of their stage 1 stuff is for people warranty conscious who really don't know tuning or their cars.

Do they work? YES
Will you feel it? YES
Is it worth it vs. a Stage 2/ ECU tune/ BMS? NO

You are paying to feel like you got a lot more than you did. I did the same thing when I had my first 335i and had no idea about tuning or aftermarket parts, did their stage 3 suspension, FMIC, stage 1 tune, like 6k+ for something that woulda almost got me 800whp now-days on a single turbo lmao.. I also did it with my e92 m3 did their pulley kit and CAI and a few other things.

The bottom line is you are on a platform that aside from a freak accident has tons of options now that the ecu is cracked, and TONS of headroom that make it safe to consider other options.

Dinan makes good stuff and I enjoyed lots of their products, but you are very much paying a premium to be SUPER DUPER safe.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 08:53 PM   #25
Rearview
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

And your recommendation is?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #26
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 CP M5

I am sold and have been for awhile. Just need my dealer to figure out my rear diff shudder first. Also, waiting for an air intake, should be 5 weeks out. I will do both Dinan Stage 2 and Intake at same time. Then a little while after Agency Power hi-flow catted DP's (ceramic coated) with stock CP exhaust. I will most likely swap out with AWE tour exhaust if i do not like the sound of the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #27
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearview View Post
I'd say its up to you and your own research. I have no idea how the flash tunes are going for people, but glorified boost controllers which is what the Vtronics is and what the BMS is, granted the vtronics does monitor more things, but ultimately provides less power. Personally I think flash tunes are the way to go, and getting the speed limiter off the car.

I ran BMS for 16,000 HARD miles. I'm talking 160mph pulls 3+ times a week and slamming on the brakes so often I had blue heat marks on my rotors and cracked them and BMW had to get me a good will warranty exception cause they thought I tracked the car. So I doubt many here used the car the way I did.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 09:34 AM   #28
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 CP M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Wow--- really delving back in to the archives aren't we? =)

Kind of accurate, sort of. When the tune was originally released the stock rating that we measured was not present on the website although it was listed on the performance charts. This led some people to accuse Dinan of falsely reporting gains by "taking credit for gains that we did not produce" by assuming we took credit for all power from the rated horsepower to tuned when in fact the data points as presented below were always displayed. Just not specifically listed / called out. Misleading the gains was never the intent by any means and it was simply not as clear as it could have been was all. The graph below shows data points at various RPM's comparing stock and stage 1 on the M5 CP along with the delta.

Attachment 1392496

There has been a few firmware updates to the DINANTRONICS base module but nothing specific to the S63TU engine. Most firmware updates have been in connection to resolving intermittent issues on various platforms in relation to the electronic wastegate which is not applicable to the M5 as it only uses a pneumatic wastegate to date. There was 1 performance update if I recall correctly about a month or 2 after initial release that upped the power slightly after a way to extract a bit more power safely was discovered. That would have been the end of 2014 somewhere.

Like the graph above all performance data can be found on the associated product page under the "specs" and/or "pictures/video" tab right above the description on the product page. Dinan offers a 72hour grace period if the tune does not live up to your expectations (Dinan just needs to be notified within 72 hours of install; the unit does not have to be removed within 72 hours) where you can return it. As Autohaus above mentioned some dealers offer longer guarantees but Dinan itself is 72 hours.
DO you have the same graph for Stage 2 with CP?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #29
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMORGSM5 View Post
DO you have the same graph for Stage 2 with CP?
Go to: http://www.dinancars.com/product/d44...ries&mid=1163/

and then click on the "pics/videos" tab. The chart is there.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #30
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearview View Post
I'd say its up to you and your own research. I have no idea how the flash tunes are going for people, but glorified boost controllers which is what the Vtronics is and what the BMS is, granted the vtronics does monitor more things, but ultimately provides less power. Personally I think flash tunes are the way to go, and getting the speed limiter off the car.

I ran BMS for 16,000 HARD miles. I'm talking 160mph pulls 3+ times a week and slamming on the brakes so often I had blue heat marks on my rotors and cracked them and BMW had to get me a good will warranty exception cause they thought I tracked the car. So I doubt many here used the car the way I did.
We do in Mexico. Lmao.
Buttom line he is right^^. I have full flash car goes over 180+ in mexico and gets beat on alot. I had a cheap BMS tune before bec that is what popular before cracking the ecu's. Nowadays if u get Dinan,Bms, piggys you wont be able to get the full power of the car and you will stop at speed gov't 155-160.

https://instagram.com/p/BAi2c7fJm4A/
Appreciate 0