runningthingz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Frozen White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningthingz View Post
BMW Encinitas moved to $2K off on the 15'. Said they'd do $12K off on a 14'!
Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Made any decisions yet? Test drive Rob's DBS or loaner 911 yet?
Gonna link up with Rob tomorrow and take the 911 for a spin. After reading Vic's post I think he nailed it on the head. I want something new but an M6 will probably not be different enough. Gonna keep looking around, I'm in no rush.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #46
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Gonna link up with Rob tomorrow and take the 911 for a spin. After reading Vic's post I think he nailed it on the head. I want something new but an M6 will probably not be different enough. Gonna keep looking around, I'm in no rush.
Sweet dude. Yeah I agree with Vic too, mostly. I think for street driving, the performance between the M6 and M5 are pretty close, but for the track, the M6 wins no contest. Have fun in the 991 and tell Rob I said hi.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #47
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Drive the C2S like its an E60 M5 or E63 M6- with the revs upward in the 4k-5k range (use sport plus). Abuse her like no other LOL.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #48
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

Surprised at all the love for the new jag around here. Im just not a fan of that car yet. Maybe I just haven't been exposed to it enough yet.
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #49
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
Surprised at all the love for the new jag around here. Im just not a fan of that car yet. Maybe I just haven't been exposed to it enough yet.
Its all visual love--- I don't know anyone who has driven it yet. Ill be checking it soon though. (when is it out again?)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #50
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Its all visual love--- I don't know anyone who has driven it yet. Ill be checking it soon though. (when is it out again?)
The new Jag F-Type Coupe R is already out on Jag showroom floors but there are still very few of them. From everything I've seen, read, and heard, it's a fantastic car with performance on the Supercar level. The only real downside, as I see it, is the Automatic transmission. The chassis is extremely stiff, couple of hundred pounds lighter than an F13 M6, excellent torque rating, outstanding exhaust note, ergonomic jet fighter like cockpit, but the seats aren't really that comfortable and the tech isn't as good as the Germans. Oh and the M6 will get better gas mileage if you're into that kind of thing. I really can't take those side grilles either though. I like the fact that the only real option is Carbon Ceramic Brakes, you can opt to deck out almost the entire cabin in Alcantara Suede, and the base starting price seems like a damn good deal for that level of performance.

It really is the Jaguar that you have been waiting for.

Last edited by RPiM5; 06-13-2014 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #51
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
The new Jag F-Type Coupe R is already out on Jag showroom floors but there are still very few of them. From everything I've seen, read, and heard, it's a fantastic car with performance on the Supercar level. The only real downside, as I see it, is the Automatic transmission. The chassis is extremely stiff, outstanding exhaust note, ergonomic jet fighter like cockpit, but the seats aren't really that comfortable and the tech isn't as good as the Germans really. I like the fact that the only real option is Carbon Ceramic Brakes and the base starting price seems like a good deal for that level of performance.

nice Dave--- I just did a quick search and there is one (only one) in a local area store... I know the owner time to go drive it. Oh I love the DCT but certain auto trannys with the proper TCU software can create a great driver. The new Z06 will have a faster shifting auto box than the PDK according to GM. The RS7 ZF tranny is also very responsive, smooth and fast due to proper software. The MCT in the benz, not so much and this is why I tune them right away. Even an ECU tune makes the MCT better and while many knock it; it can handle the up swing in tq which a DCT cant.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #52
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
nice Dave--- I just did a quick search and there is one (only one) in a local area store... I know the owner time to go drive it. Oh I love the DCT but certain auto trannys with the proper TCU software can create a great driver. The new Z06 will have a faster shifting auto box than the PDK according to GM. The RS7 ZF tranny is also very responsive, smooth and fast due to proper software. The MCT in the benz, not so much and this is why I tune them right away. Even an ECU tune makes the MCT better and while many knock it; it can handle the up swing in tq which a DCT cant.
Cool Vic! I just found one up in Baltimore for sale too, I might go for a test drive today myself. Hopefully it doesn't rain this afternoon though, they're calling for a lot of thunderstorms today. Doh!

I also added a couple of notes to my original post on the F-Type Coupe R. I think overall, the car is an absolute win for Jaguar, at least on paper. It probably drives fantastic in real life too, and honestly there is nothing about this car that I don't like enough to not buy it. It is a bit on the heavy side, ~3,950lbs, but then again so is the F13 M6, but I'm sure the linear torque delivery of 502lbs/ft, will make the R feel like a rocket ship.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #53
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Or Marko, you could just wait a year for this monster.

I have a feeling Vic will be buying one for sure.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...py-photos-news

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/06/13/5...rcedes-amg-gt/

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #54
runningthingz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Frozen White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Or Marko, you could just wait a year for this monster.

I have a feeling Vic will be buying one for sure.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...py-photos-news

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/06/13/5...rcedes-amg-gt/
WOW!!! That thing looks sick! Might just be waiting it out, too much good stuff coming out.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #55
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
I've driven the F-type R Coupe. I absolutely loved the power and sound of the supercharged V8. The car is extremely fast.

The only disappointment for me was the automatic transmission. It's a good transmission, but felt a little sluggish especially on downshifts when compared to the DCT and PDK.

Didn't pull the trigger because of trade offer on my M5 and the fact that Jaguar will release a 6-speed manual for the F-type R coupe next year.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #56
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgtrs2007 View Post
I've driven the F-type R Coupe. I absolutely loved the power and sound of the supercharged V8. The car is extremely fast.

The only disappointment for me was the automatic transmission. It's a good transmission, but felt a little sluggish especially on downshifts when compared to the DCT and PDK.

Didn't pull the trigger because of trade offer on my M5 and the fact that Jaguar will release a 6-speed manual for the F-type R coupe next year.
Awesome. You're the first I have heard who has actually driven one. Yeah they say it can do 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds. That sucks about the trade-in offer.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #57
mdm0515
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 2013

Quote:
I'm getting some quotes on the 2015 M6 coupe but curious to hear what else I should consider?
Jag F-Type R
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #58
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:

Vic,

I'll be very interested in your thoughts re: the F Type as it is one of the two cars on my mind to replace the M5 at the end of the year; (the other being the Z07 version of the new Z06 which I'm second in line for at a local dealership that gets a pretty good allocation).

I just returned from the UK after three weeks and saw a new F Type Coupe in White with the black roof. It looked so incredible I almost drove the rental into a hedge. The car is just staggeringly gorgeous, and I've yet to read any review that didn't describe it as awesome; especially in V8 guise.

Bish
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #59
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Vic,

I'll be very interested in your thoughts re: the F Type as it is one of the two cars on my mind to replace the M5 at the end of the year; (the other being the Z07 version of the new Z06 which I'm second in line for at a local dealership that gets a pretty good allocation).

I just returned from the UK after three weeks and saw a new F Type Coupe in White with the black roof. It looked so incredible I almost drove the rental into a hedge. The car is just staggeringly gorgeous, and I've yet to read any review that didn't describe it as awesome; especially in V8 guise.

Bish
If you care mainly about performance I think the Corvette will have the edge out of those two cars. And it won't be close.

The Jag looks better, has better fit and finish and is more luxurious.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #60
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Johntomferg's wife has an F type Jag; he wrote about it on the M5 versus side.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #61
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
If you care mainly about performance I think the Corvette will have the edge out of those two cars. And it won't be close.

Fantastic Video!

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #62
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post

Agreed. I'm just trying to decide whether heading back to DE events and the Road Course is going to be my priority, meaning Z06, or just a fantastic weekend car is what I want/need, meaning F Type.

Bish
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #63
///M3Owner
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

An i8 =)
      06-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #64
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Vic,

Bish
Bish I drove it--- here is my abbreviated post on the car. I liked it a lot:

Click Here
Appreciate 0