M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

07-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #23
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
Here real data , please get a Vbox and show me how fast you're car is. Of course 7.5 is faster than 3 on race gas , a video against another car isn't proof of anything . I'm telling you , that you will make the same and maybe even more power with less psi . You are not even running meth correct ? You've turned you're turbos into hot air guns. !
Haha I'm running 100% METH. Lol... Lol... Lol....
What are you're AFR's , timing , injector duty cycle ? If you don't know these things you can't keep going up on boost safely . My point is you are not making more power increasing your boost at this point , meth or no you are in a bad place without the proper equipment . I'm trying to help you and you are being a giant ass in response . Best of luck .
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #24
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
What is your current setup running 7.5 ?
Meth ? Exhaust ? Intakes ? etc..
While on running 7.5 I'm on VP109, 100% METH, stock DP but Decat & K&N drop in.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #25
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
What are you're AFR's , timing , injector duty cycle ? If you don't know these things you can't keep going up on boost safely . My point is you are not making more power increasing your boost at this point , meth or no you are in a bad place without the proper equipment . I'm trying to help you and you are being a giant ass in response . Best of luck .
U mean by running 3.5psi u know your AFR, Timing & Injector duty cycle?

Or u r just simply follow the others?

As for me someone got to try out the max boost & power of the car can delivery? im not a follower, if the forum said 3psi is safe(3mths back) i will push for 4 or 4.5. Now that m6beast have tried on 6psi(about 2mths back) i will push for 7 or 7.5 which i did.

Im just here to share & not to lead anyone to follow, i do not carry a gun or a knife to force them. It is yr own car & not my so u made yr own choice, Im just sharing what boost my running & what gain i got on the race with my friend on diff set up.

But for you is diff, every comments out from yr side are all negative engine boom n etc. As of the (4psi vs 3.5psi u r not getting faster on 93 octance) comments i have attached my dyno showing i gain more on the top end power cpmpare 3psi vs 4psi (1 month ago) So some cars are not the same, doesnt mean yr car cant achieve that level so all others car cant too!

Fews months back, some of us got misfire & transmission mild function code including myself (when i was running 4.5psi on 93) Everyone lead this to the reason of over boosting of the engine, way after M6beast share on the right adaption of running in of the piggy back system we all got the confidential back again & everytime the car was running stronger & stronger. So what is happening here is once someone push the power to the next level, there will definitely be someone talking about the engine will go boom but it happen??? the answer is NO!!!
Just look back on most of all the engine that the tuner is working on they all started with lower boost & up slower so in the end they are all exceeding the power mark that most user think it will blow at the early days. I think i have said enough, im not a follower but a leader thats just me. If by anyway i have offended you im sorry.
Attached Images

Last edited by Andym3100k; 07-17-2014 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #26
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
U mean by running 3.5psi u know your AFR, Timimg & Injector duty cycle?

Or u r just simply follow the others?

As for me someone got to try out the max boost & power of the car can delivery? im not a follower, if the forum said 3psi is safe(3mths back) i will push for 4 or 4.5. Now that m6beast have tried on 6psi(about 2mths back) i will push for 7 or 7.5 which i did.

Im just here to share & not to lead anyone to follow, i do not carry a gun or a knife to force them. It is yr own car & not my so u made yr own choice, Im just sharing what boost my running & what gain i got on the race with my friend on diff set up.

But for you is diff, every comments out from yr side are all negative engine boom n etc. As of the (4psi vs 3.5psi u r not getting faster on 93 octance) comments i have attached my dyno showing i gain more on the top end power cpmpare 3psi vs 4psi (1 month ago) So some cars are not the same, doesnt mean yr car cant achieve that level so all others car cant too!

Fews months back, some of us got misfire & transmission mild function code including myself (when i was running 4.5psi on 93) Everyone lead this to the reason of over boosting of the engine, way after M6beast share on the right adaption of running in of the piggy back system we all got the confidential back again & everytime the car was running stronger & stronger. So what is happening here is once someone push the power to the next level, there will definitely be someone talking about the engine will go boom but it happen???
the answer is NO. Just look back on most of all the engine that the tuner is working on they all started with lower boost & up slower so in the end they are all exceeding the power mark that most user think it will blow at the early days. I think i have said enough, im not a follower but a leader thats just me. If by anyway i have offended you im sorry.
Yes I do full data logging of timing and AFR's , and my car is a CP , so with DP's is pushing more air at high RPM's through the system and holding more boost than you're car at the same boost setting . The CP runs a bit more boost and holds it to a higher RPM. M6 beast has a wideband AFR installed in his DP's and does data logging as well . That's very different from you're turn it up and pray approach . My car set to 3.5 is prob equal to a non CP at + 4 psi . Either way turning the boost up beyond 3.5 does not make my CP car faster . Show me performance metrics ( 60-130mph /trap speed of you're car at various settings and lets see how strong it is . If you did you would see that higher isn't always better. You are comparing + 4 to + 7.5 lol !
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #27
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

What did u do after u got your misfire and trans dt mal?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 04:55 AM   #28
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Yes I do full data logging of timing and AFR's , and my car is a CP , so with DP's is pushing more air at high RPM's through the system and holding more boost than you're car at the same boost setting . The CP runs a bit more boost and holds it to a higher RPM. M6 beast has a wideband AFR installed in his DP's and does data logging as well . That's very different from you're turn it up and pray approach . My car set to 3.5 is prob equal to a non CP at + 4 psi . Either way turning the boost up beyond 3.5 does not make my CP car faster . Show me performance metrics ( 60-130mph /trap speed of you're car at various settings and lets see how strong it is . If you did you would see that higher isn't always better. You are comparing + 4 to + 7.5 lol !
Can u post your data logging on timing & afr while I retrieve it from the dyno shop so we can compare it on both 3 & 4psi with & without CP.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #29
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
What did u do after u got your misfire and trans dt mal?
Got the workshop to reset it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #30
MpowerMike
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 IB BMW M5

Installed it Yesterday wow what a difference pulls much harder and the turbo spool is much louder now especially with my cat less downpipes
2006 E65 BMW 750i Titanium Silver
2001 E39 BMW 530i Orient Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #31
M5TXGuy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 BlackSapphireMetallic

I installed mine today, thanks to some help from m6beast! I have taken it out a couple times now to do some WOT 3rd gear pulls and other fun stuff. The second time out it was better than the first. Maybe it will be totally dialed in after another one or two of those tomorrow. Im very happy with it! Now for some downpipes.

m6beast, I'm looking forward to hearing your results with the custom intake.

Last edited by M5TXGuy; 07-19-2014 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #32
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Here is a screenshot of my data logger at 6800 rpm in 3rd gear +3.5 PSI showing my AFR and timing . You can't compare live data logging to a tail pipe AFR sniffer on the dyno, and I seriously doubt they had a data logger hooked up to you're ECU during you're dyno run . Honestly I'm just trying to help you , but you're being to proud to receive it .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #33
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Here is a screenshot of my data logger at 6800 rpm in 3rd gear +3.5 PSI showing my AFR and timing . You can't compare live data logging to a tail pipe AFR sniffer on the dyno, and I seriously doubt they had a data logger hooked up to you're ECU during you're dyno run . Honestly I'm just trying to help you , but you're being to proud to receive it .
Hahaha, I thought what u r trying to show me! My god I have this kiwi 2 Bluetooth long ago n dont even dare to show u becos wasn't accurate at all!

You r still pulling a fast one pls, i thought what kind of timing device u have??? This kiwi 2 Bluetooth devices I have it already almost 2years & I don't find it reliable at all! Please
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #34
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha, I thought what u r trying to show me! My god I have this kiwi 2 Bluetooth long ago n dont even dare to show u becos wasn't accurate at all!

You r still pulling a fast one pls, i thought what kind of timing device u have??? This kiwi 2 Bluetooth devices I have it already almost 2years & I don't find it reliable at all! Please
It's very reliable if use the right program with it , this is the newer version with DashCommander . The app you use determines whether it works well or not . You do have to set it up the PID's for it to log what you need . They have a laptop version that is better for logging bc it has a much faster refresh rate through the OBD2 but you need their program to view the files so I sent the iPhone interface screen shot .You are a major idiot and a raging asshole . Good luck .
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #35
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
It's very reliable if use the right program with it , this is the newer version with DashCommander . The app you use determines whether it works well or not . You do have to set it up the PID's for it to log what you need . They have a laptop version that is better for logging bc it has a much faster refresh rate through the OBD2 but you need their program to view the files so I sent the iPhone interface screen shot .You are a major idiot and a raging asshole . Good luck .
u r really a pain in my ass, if u dont even dare to try on a higher boost to break thru the power then i think just keep it to yr 3.5psi

How about showing a dyno on diff psi level to show others yr findings & not by what is on yr vbox timing cos nothing can denied on a dyno graph!

Just to show u i have the what u so call a very reliable device (Dashcommander & kiwi 2 bluebooth) thats my screenshot. Let me tell u they are useless, even the lease important intake tem is also not functioning well at all, i compare it with my direct plug in gauge to the intake & the tem is out by 4 to 5 deg. just cant believe u can live with this!

Good luck to you & hope u dont start all the nonsense again!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #36
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
u r really a pain in my ass, if u dont even dare to try on a higher boost to break thru the power then i think just keep it to yr 3.5psi

How about showing a dyno on diff psi level to show others yr findings & not by what is on yr vbox timing cos nothing can denied on a dyno graph!

Just to show u i have the what u so call a very reliable device (Dashcommander & kiwi 2 bluebooth) thats my screenshot. Let me tell u they are useless, even the lease important intake tem is also not functioning well at all, i compare it with my direct plug in gauge to the intake & the tem is out by 4 to 5 deg. just cant believe u can live with this!

Good luck to you & hope u dont start all the nonsense again!!!
Don't know why you had trouble with it , must be user error . I have tried 4psi and my trap speeds and 60-130 time were not faster while the car heat soaked faster . Why don't you get actual performance metrics / data logs ,or a dyno at 7.5 psi before you act like you are a pioneer in S63tu tuning . Ask Terry Burger the man who designed the piggyback we are using what he thinks about 7.5 psi . You have done zero to prove you are making more power or you're car is faster at 7.5 psi vs 6 with meth .
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #37
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Don't know why you had trouble with it , must be user error . I have tried 4psi and my trap speeds and 60-130 time were not faster while the car heat soaked faster . Why don't you get actual performance metrics / data logs ,or a dyno at 7.5 psi before you act like you are a pioneer in S63tu tuning . Ask Terry Burger the man who designed the piggyback we are using what he thinks about 7.5 psi . You have done zero to prove you are making more power or you're car is faster at 7.5 psi vs 6 with meth .
I dont have any trouble with it, the one that is having trouble is you. U r the one claiming that yr car is not faster with higher boost n not me so pls don't put words into my mouth n since when I said I'm a pioneer in the S63tu tuning???

Don't understand why u need to pull someone in to support yr statement, u r trying to tell me u have proven that yr 3.5psi is the best??? My friend, u didnt even have a chance or experience to install a meth kit in yr car so pls don't even try to mention yr seniority in the S63TU. Btw did u get up by the wrong side of yr bed today?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #38
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I dont have any trouble with it, the one that is having trouble is you. U r the one claiming that yr car is not faster with higher boost n not me so pls don't put words into my mouth n since when I said I'm a pioneer in the S63tu tuning???

Don't understand why u need to pull someone in to support yr statement, u r trying to tell me u have proven that yr 3.5psi is the best??? My friend, u didnt even have a chance or experience to install a meth kit in yr car so pls don't even try to mention yr seniority in the S63TU. Btw did u get up by the wrong side of yr bed today?
I'm saying 3.5 is best on 93 octane on a CP car and higher boost does not make it faster . Even with meth and race gas more boost doesn't automatically equal more power . Once you go out of the compressor's efficiency range you're just making heat . I'm just saying you may make more power at 6 or 6.5 , until you test and document power/ performance you don't know that 7.5 is actually helping , and given my experience it likely is not .
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #39
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
I'm saying 3.5 is best on 93 octane on a CP car and higher boost does not make it faster . Even with meth and race gas more boost doesn't automatically equal more power . Once you go out of the compressor's efficiency range you're just making heat . I'm just saying you may make more power at 6 or 6.5 , until you test and document power/ performance you don't know that 7.5 is actually helping , and given my experience it likely is not .
Sorry I may not agreed with it, I have already dyno it with 93 octane n it shown more power on 4psi compare with 3psi (both without meth) so I don't know why u r still saying 3.5 is the best on 93 octane?

Can you tell me who have experience with S63tu's compressor efficiency range? So why do u know what is their full max range? U try it? No right?

Good night, is almost 12 now.

Last edited by Andym3100k; 07-20-2014 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #40
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry I may not agreed with it, I have already dyno it with 93 octane n it shown more power on 4psi compare with 3psi (both without meth) so I don't know why u r still saying 3.5 is the best on 93 octane?

Can you tell me who have experience with S63tu's compressor efficiency range? So why do u know what is their full max range? U try it? No right?

Good night, is almost 12 now.
4 on a non competition package car may be fine , but since you didn't test vs 3.5 we don't know which makes more . The CP cars have a different tune that runs more boost over 5.5k rpm so you can't run as high of a boost setting on the BMS because it's already running more at baseline . At any rate what does 4 psi on 93 octane have to do with 6 vs 7.5 psi on meth and race gas ? Bottom line is you haven't tested that and that's what I have a problem with .
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #41
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
4 on a non competition package car may be fine , but since you didn't test vs 3.5 we don't know which makes more . The CP cars have a different tune that runs more boost over 5.5k rpm so you can't run as high of a boost setting on the BMS because it's already running more at baseline . At any rate what does 4 psi on 93 octane have to do with 6 vs 7.5 psi on meth and race gas ? Bottom line is you haven't tested that and that's what I have a problem with .
Have u even dyno yr car? No? Show yr dyno to prove that yr 3.5 psi is the best on 93. We both have kiwi 2 Bluetooth n using the same apps, since u claim u trust the device so much why don't u log yr timing with it? (is on main page under performance) Then we can compare both our timing?

And pls also show me proof that yr claim that our turbo is running out of effective range at 7.5psi. If I'm not wrong very soon with the breakthrough of the DME our snail will be able to push effectively even more than 7.5psi, by then just prepare to find a hole n hide yr self in it cos I don't think u have any place to hide but to admit yr wrong judgement.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #42
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have u even dyno yr car? No? Show yr dyno to prove that yr 3.5 psi is the best on 93. We both have kiwi 2 Bluetooth n using the same apps, since u claim u trust the device so much why don't u log yr timing with it? (is on main page under performance) Then we can compare both our timing?

And pls also show me proof that yr claim that our turbo is running out of effective range at 7.5psi. If I'm not wrong very soon with the breakthrough of the DME our snail will be able to push effectively even more than 7.5psi, by then just prepare to find a hole n hide yr self in it cos I don't think u have any place to hide but to admit yr wrong judgement.
Ok lets start over without the hostility .Based on the maximum boost specifications from BMW of 21.8 psi , it's safe to say that you are not in it's efficiency zone at near 25 psi from you're boost logs . You are countering that with meth to cool the charge but the maximum effective flow rate of the turbos is not changed . Remember BNW picked a relatively small turbo for responsiveness . You may very well make more power at a lower psi than 7.5 . Why don't you re- dyno the car or do some performance runs . I use trap speed as an indicator and want my car setup to do multiple pulls with no degradation in performance without having to use race gas or meth as my car is a DD. I use trap speed as an indicator of performance because it can not be manipulated like dynos and I care more about real world performance than saying I have X dyno number. I have done runs in my car in the exact same testing location before and after every mod I have done to document the benefits and have posted them online for all to see. In my car 4 psi was consistently .5 mph slower in the 1/4 than 3.5 . I believe this is due to the more aggressive competition package tune my car has at baseline . my car is hitting 130 traps and 158 mph in the 1/2 mile on pump gas and that's pretty stout . Aside from Terry's race gas meth Vbox runs which were down hill I've yet to see a higher trap so I'm happy for now . I'd really like to see a dyno of you're car on 109 octane and meth to see how the curve looks and power at 6-7.5 psi in .5 increments . That would be very valuable to the community . I'm pretty certain you will make more power with less boost but I could be wrong. There are only two ways two show that .
1.) A dyno
2.) Trap speed in the1/4 on a. 0 slope run with various settings .
There are different ways to test mods effectiveness and both have merits .
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 02:48 AM   #43
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Ok lets start over without the hostility .Based on the maximum boost specifications from BMW of 21.8 psi , it's safe to say that you are not in it's efficiency zone at near 25 psi from you're boost logs . You are countering that with meth to cool the charge but the maximum effective flow rate of the turbos is not changed . Remember BNW picked a relatively small turbo for responsiveness . You may very well make more power at a lower psi than 7.5 . Why don't you re- dyno the car or do some performance runs . I use trap speed as an indicator and want my car setup to do multiple pulls with no degradation in performance without having to use race gas or meth as my car is a DD. I use trap speed as an indicator of performance because it can not be manipulated like dynos and I care more about real world performance than saying I have X dyno number. I have done runs in my car in the exact same testing location before and after every mod I have done to document the benefits and have posted them online for all to see. In my car 4 psi was consistently .5 mph slower in the 1/4 than 3.5 . I believe this is due to the more aggressive competition package tune my car has at baseline . my car is hitting 130 traps and 158 mph in the 1/2 mile on pump gas and that's pretty stout . Aside from Terry's race gas meth Vbox runs which were down hill I've yet to see a higher trap so I'm happy for now . I'd really like to see a dyno of you're car on 109 octane and meth to see how the curve looks and power at 6-7.5 psi in .5 increments . That would be very valuable to the community . I'm pretty certain you will make more power with less boost but I could be wrong. There are only two ways two show that .
1.) A dyno
2.) Trap speed in the1/4 on a. 0 slope run with various settings .
There are different ways to test mods effectiveness and both have merits .
Ok Let's do the item 1 & 2 together for the community. We both dyno our car from different psi range & use both our kiwi 2 Bluetooth device( cos we both have it) on different setting to let every forum member know the difference between the CP & non CP car?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #44
M5stallion
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw M5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k View Post
While on running 7.5 I'm on VP109, 100% METH, stock DP but Decat & K&N drop in.
Apparently, any number after 6 does not increase boost any further.
Appreciate 0