Nqwjx30
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15' F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
That's entirely too many miles.

Whenever I drop my car off at the dealership, I do two things:

1) Place a post it note on the center of the instrument cluster with the current miles written on it. That way they know I'm paying attention.

2) Place a full sheet of paper on the dash with "Do Not Wash" facing out.
thanks for the comment, I think i will be start doing this next time I visit my dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
if you really want to push it....take them to small claims court and sue them for the unauthorized use of your vehicle and your damages would be the rental value of an M5 for the day....which would be in the area of $750 - $1000 per day depending on the availability. it may even be more....you'd have to research your area rental car dealers who rent out such vehicles. Your theory of liability would be a "loss of use".
Thanks for the info, I will pick up the car today and see what they about the mileages again and depends on their attitudes, I will then decide what to do next.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #24
Nqwjx30
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15' F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioquest View Post
Best is to fit a in dash camera, like a Blackvue. Just review it when return. Audio, Speed, where he drove is all in the video. I had all my cars fitted with Blackvue..........when they see that on your dash. They know someone will be watching.
doing research on Blackvue now, hopefully not too late. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
I had an Acura MDX and the transmission service light came on. So I brought it in for the service, and upon inspection they put 230 miles on the car and had it for two days. They wouldn't have said a word if I didn't notice it. I inquired about that and sure enough one of the managers needed a ride home to Long Island. So he figured he would take my car "to see if the light came back on". I got the keys from them and told them to sue me for the invoice. I never heard a word from them.
I feel your pain, some dealer nowadays just don't know how to handle business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
My dealership requires that the service manager accompanies the tech on any test drive of a M car. I would like to think that is because they care, but I suspect it is because they have had problems in the past.
that is good for you, but for a large dealership, sometimes the service manager got too many things to handle, they probably will just let the tech took it, until something serious happened, they might change then
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 03:12 PM   #25
halfbent
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
India
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
I found your problem... you have Maroon 5 playing in your car. Has anyone asked for your man card yet?
; )
Appreciate 0