03-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #89
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
Will it hurt to wire open the valves but leave the vacuum line connected so you don't have any seal issues?
Not sure if it is "good" as it might cause unnecessary "stress" on the valve mechanism
which is now fixed in place with wires. It could eventually cause the wires to break
and the valve to work again. It might also cause an error to be logged if for some reason
the vacuum is not consistent (due to valve not functioning correctly) .
All speculation but my take is it's better to just terminate the vacuum line correctly and
wire/fixthe valves in the open position.
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #90
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Not sure if it is "good" as it might cause unnecessary "stress" on the valve mechanism
which is now fixed in place with wires. It could eventually cause the wires to break
and the valve to work again. It might also cause an error to be logged if for some reason
the vacuum is not consistent (due to valve not functioning correctly) .
All speculation but my take is it's better to just terminate the vacuum line correctly and
wire/fixthe valves in the open position.
+1. Easy enough to just plug them.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #91
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

I think I am going to officially throw my hat in the ring for one of the FASTEST F10 M5s on the planet! This car is ridiculously fast! I cannot believe how much the combo of the tune, DPs and exhaust have made. The car just lights up the tires. Learning to launch this baby is a challenge. I cannot wait until my 21' wheels get here. I am going to run 305s on the rear. Hopefully they give me a bit more grip.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #92
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
I think I am going to officially throw my hat in the ring for one of the FASTEST F10 M5s on the planet! This car is ridiculously fast! I cannot believe how much the combo of the tune, DPs and exhaust have made. The car just lights up the tires. Learning to launch this baby is a challenge. I cannot wait until my 21' wheels get here. I am going to run 305s on the rear. Hopefully they give me a bit more grip.
I forget, did u do the downpipes with the high flow cats in them from Performing Imports? I was gonna ask you to make a video sound clip if you had catless downpipes, but then I remembered you get a lot of your stuff from Performing Imports.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #93
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
I forget, did u do the downpipes with the high flow cats in them from Performing Imports? I was gonna ask you to make a video sound clip if you had catless downpipes, but then I remembered you get a lot of your stuff from Performing Imports.
Yep. Went with the hi-flow. Absolutely perfect. No odor, no error lights, super fast. :-) YOU would hate the exhaust. Just a bit louder than stock. After I read your thread about your dad getting old at 55 and me only being 11 yrs younger I realized I must be enjoying the more subtle sporting sound with age-lol! Besides, my hearing is going to fade anyway! Hahahaha

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #94
noellemotors
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 118d

Great tuning. Congrats ColdList and have fun with youre car.

regards

noelle motors
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #95
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noellemotors
Great tuning. Congrats ColdList and have fun with youre car.

regards

noelle motors
Thank YOU guys very much! Amazing stuff. I have never enjoyed a car so much. It is great when you know it is done RIGHT!

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #96
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Here's the Eisenmann Race in 900MM with custom powdercoat. Cans are matte black and tips are gloss black with hand stenciled "M" logo in Silverstone.

I am hanging on to them for a few days at least just to be 1000% SURE that I don't want them. They look amazing-far better than the tips on my current exhaust but my car runs incredible and sounds great so I am likely going to let these beautiful pieces go to a lucky person. Catch is that you can NEVER bring your car to GA and let me see them because it may cause me panic attacks seeing them on another car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #97
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Dude, those look sweet. Definitely unique.

I think I'm a bit more of the subdued etched chrome fan, but they do look awesome.