M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
My thoughts on the RPI GTS Exhaust for the F10 M5...

I just got this exhaust put on.

It has a real nice deep tone, I really like it. When you're not all the way into it, it is pretty subdued as well, which is what I wanted. I haven't gone WOT yet because I'm still in the break-in period.

Reasons why I purchased RPI:

Disclaimer: Obviously, this is just my own personal opinion and no disrespect to anyone or any company.

If you look at just the layout between the Eisenmann and RPI when they are laid out on the floor, you can see how much smoother the piping is on the RPI.

The Eisenmann has a lot more bends in the rear section. Also, the RPI looks like the muffler truly utilizes the dual exhaust, and not most of the flow coming out just one of the tips.

Coupled with the fact that RPI actually dyno tests their units, and they've historically outperformed Eisenmann, I would have purchased this exhaust over the Eisenmann even if they were the same price.

The fact the RPI was even less money made it a no brainer. Plus, just looking at the exhaust from the rear, the RPI has that nice aftermarket look, where the Eisenmann looks OEM with their mufflers.

The Akrapovic one is phenomenal quality and light-weight titanium. However, I didn’t think the minimal weight savings really does any real world difference, and no one is looking at the undercarriage of your car. Therefore, those 2 factors didn't justify any reason for me to spend the extra cash on that.

RPI GTS Pic (From Trinity):

Eisenmann Pic:

Installed on my car:

Last edited by ImpetuousRacer; 12-04-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
dbae1978
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

congrats on the new RPi Exhaust! When you get a chance, please post some sound clips
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
Mperial
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3, 2017 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbae1978 View Post
congrats on the new RPi Exhaust! When you get a chance, please post some sound clips
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

If nerweezy gets mine to me by sat, I will put it on and post up some video the same day.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
BLACK MARKT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 - ALPINE WHITE

Great points ... congrats on the new mod!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpetuousRacer View Post
I just got this exhaust put on.

It has a real nice deep tone, I really like it. When you're not all the way into it, it is pretty subdued as well, which is what I wanted. I haven't gone WOT yet because I'm still in the break-in period.

Reasons why I purchased RPI:

Disclaimer: Obviously, this is just my own personal opinion and no disrespect to anyone or any company.

If you look at just the layout between the Eisenmann and RPI when they are laid out on the floor, you can see how much smoother the piping is on the RPI.

The Eisenmann has a lot more bends in the rear section. Also, the RPI looks like the muffler truly utilizes the dual exhaust, and not most of the flow coming out just one of the tips.

Coupled with the fact that RPI actually dyno tests their units, and they've historically outperformed Eisenmann, I would have purchased this exhaust over the Eisenmann even if they were the same price.

The fact the RPI was even less money made it a no brainer. Plus, just looking at the exhaust from the rear, the RPI has that nice aftermarket look, where the Eisenmann looks OEM with their mufflers.

The Akrapovic one is phenomenal quality and light-weight titanium. However, I didn’t think the minimal weight savings really does any real world difference, and no one is looking at the undercarriage of your car. Therefore, those 2 factors didn't justify any reason for me to spend the extra cash on that.

RPI GTS Pic (From Trinity):

Eisenmann Pic:

Installed on my car:

12-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

sweet, need vid ASAP!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Looks like I wont get mine by tomorrow and will by the 31st so hopefully someone can post up their video.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #8
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Are they out of stock?
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Maybe they were making some by the time I ordered it. But now, fedx showed it will get here day after christmas. I hope so as I will install it on thursday at my buds house and will post up a video. Hey, Barry, on your exhaust, you have a axel back right?

Country run
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Yep, rear section only.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
Munit
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

It seems with every new generation of m cars especially there is less and less left on the table for a modded exhaust. I mean look at the oem exhaust-it is virtually straight back from the engine with neglible bends. A nice x-pipe and straight through rear mufflers with a very straight path.

Seems like doing the catless downpipes is worth it but looks like the stock cat-back exhaust is about as good as a design as you can get
Appreciate 0