M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

10-30-2014, 10:13 AM   #45
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

BTW, anyone in Socal with Dinan piggyback? Let'setup a run.
I have catless dp, exhaust, stock intakes (charcoal removed), BMS v1 and a heavy foot.
      10-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #46
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
BTW, anyone in Socal with Dinan piggyback? Let'setup a run.
I have catless dp, exhaust, stock intakes (charcoal removed), BMS v1 and a heavy foot.
I am running Dinan, Catless downpipes (full GTHAUS) exhaust setup and intakes.
I'm located in Temecula
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #47
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Awe snap! It's on! Gooo Greentrbo!!
      08-24-2015, 03:55 PM   #48
lfelunden
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Traction is my issue i can't get off the line... i tried but i just don't have the skills..i suck at launching no matter what tune BMW, Stock, Dinan . I guess thats why i have always owned AWD cars until now =P. No boots does not have CP.
That's why yours is faster .. Boots most likely ran 15-16 psi +3 from the piggy, yours was running 17.5-18psi stock + whatever Dinan adds.. The CP is actually quite aggressive stock.

But I saw your numbers 60-130 in 8.x .. That's like 100-200 km/h in mid 7s.. That's not fast for 720HP.
I know this is an old post
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 10:56 PM   #49
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Guys thanks for sharing all of this information. I always knew that the Dinan setup would be the more comprehensive design just based on how the thing works compared to the BMS. The BMS Module is a very very simple design and setup and doesn't do anything but trick the ECU into thinking the turbo's are under-boosting. The Dinan module does much more, which is very good, but comes at a price. In my opinion the BMS is the best bang for the buck. Cheap and effective and the user can change the settings. Many other companies and tuners and have copied the BMS design, made some minor tweaks and claimed it as their own product, but it works exactly the same as the BMS does. I won't name any names. Dinan has done more, a lot more. I think it is worth every penny, although expensive, and now has been proven to actually be higher performing than a more simple design.

So I say, if you want to just have fun and play with your car, go with with the BMS. It's not a big investment. If you want to do rolling races, drag races, or destroy that random GTR you encounter on the highway, go for the Dinan tune, it performs better, but you pay for that performance.

For me personally, I won't be upgrading to the Dinan module. Maybe if I still lived in California and could still use big horsepower, but anything over 500hp on the East Coast is pretty much wasted horsepower. At least in Texas, you got wide open prairies and a few twisty roads. Here we have police that are ready to throw you in jail for doing as little as 20mph over the speed limit. Sometimes I find myself having more fun with the little piggyback tune I installed in my Fiat Abarth than with the BMS I installed on the M5. Just cause I know when I step on the gas I won't be doing over 100mph in less than 3 seconds. Lol!
Florida!!!
2013 BMW M6 Eisenmann Race(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 05:14 AM   #50
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Surely to be right it should be done on 2 CP cars or 2 non CP cars to get a fair outcome?
      09-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #51
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
... on my drive home from Eurocharge (shop who did the install)...
Did Eurocharge not do their own tunes at the time, because they do now. Why didn't you install a Eurocharged tune? I've never considered $$Dinan$$ because they're notoriously overpriced and underpowered, so I was chosing between Eurocharged or BMS. I'd love to see BMS' comment about this and know if they're systems have updated/gotten better since this post was created as I'm still on the fence for tuning.

Last edited by m5james; 09-07-2015 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #52
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
Quote:
... on my drive home from Eurocharge (shop who did the install)...
Did Eurocharge not do their own tunes at the time, because they do now. Why didn't you install a Eurocharged tune? I've never considered $$Dinan$$ because they're notoriously overpriced and underpowered, so I was chosing between Eurocharged or BMS. I'd love to see BMS' comment about this and know if they're systems have updated/gotten better since this post was created as I'm still on the fence for tuning.
Correct they did not offer the tune yet. I use them for all of my other work though.
      09-07-2015, 07:57 PM   #53
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Good to know...I've got a buddy who works at Vivid Racing and suggested BMS, but their site has nothing specific about quarter mile times. I'm in an X5M vs an M5, Eurocharged has got strong numbers on www.dragtimes.com, so in an attempt to have usable power like your comparison vs just chasing HP numbers, I'm trying to find the best quarter mile listings.
Appreciate 0