M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-04-2022, 07:30 PM   #1
WolfBLK
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp

Help me choose.. F10 m5 vs f10 m5

Hello, this is my first post and my first M5 but not first BMW.

I have the option to purchase 1 of 2 very well kept F10 M5's

Option 1 $76k Comp Pack with 490 miles every option except B&O and CCB
Option 2 $64k Fully Loaded with 32k miles every option except Black Kidneys

I'm leaning heavily towards Option 1 even though its significantly higher in price and above retail value. Wanted to get the forums opinion before I take delivery.

if it helps Option 1 White on Red & Option 2 is Silver on Black

Cheers

Last edited by WolfBLK; 03-04-2022 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 07:37 PM   #2
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

You forgot the years of each
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 09:09 PM   #3
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
You forgot the years of each
Sorry.. both are 2016 DCT

Vin numbers for both not sure if someone can pull spec sheets

Option 1 - WBSFV9C56GD595603
Option 2 - WBSFV9C5XGD595782

Last edited by WolfBLK; 03-05-2022 at 06:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 11:00 PM   #4
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep

I'd go with the 490 mile one too, I think it's worth it for the money
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 02:53 AM   #5
AlisterB
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBLK View Post
Hello, this is my first post and my first M5 but not first BMW.

I have the option to purchase 1 of 2 very well kept F10 M5's

Option 1 $76k Comp Pack with 490 miles every option except B&O and CCB
Option 2 $64k Fully Loaded with 32k miles every option except Black Kidneys

I'm leaning heavily towards Option 1 even though its significantly higher in price and above retail value. Wanted to get the forums opinion before I take delivery.

if it helps Option 1 White on Red & Option 2 is Silver on Black
Firstly, welcome to the forum and best of luck with your search for an F10 M5. They're great cars and represent good value for money even in today's market.

Quote:
Sorry.. both are 2016 DCT

Vin numbers for both not sure if someone can pull spec sheets

Option 1 - WBSFB9C56GD595603
Option 2 - WBSFV9C5XGD595782
I can't get that first VIN to work (can you check/confirm?).

Second car looks like a good spec but definitely not fully optioned (no Rear Seat Entertainment for example). The B&O sound is definitely a nice to have - just make sure you tweak the EQ settings if you get it though as it certainly doesn't give its best 'out of the box'.

I don't have the CCB on my car but you hear a few complaints from people that do have them on their F10 that they can be a bit noisy. Not sure if you can live with that - I think it would do my head in if it is as bad as some say.

On the colour front, you can't go wrong with a white M car, but I'm also a big fan of the Space Grey colour on the F10 shape, so I could go either way on that one.

Sounds like the miles are unbelievably low on the first one - near enough to a brand new car. What's the service history like on it? What's the condition like on the car with 32k miles? Whilst it's not huge mileage, in the wrong hands it could still have signs of wear and tear.

Assuming the cars are online, can you post up some links?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 06:33 AM   #6
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisterB View Post
Firstly, welcome to the forum and best of luck with your search for an F10 M5. They're great cars and represent good value for money even in today's market.
Thank you

Quote:
I can't get that first VIN to work (can you check/confirm?).
Slight typo but it is now fixed.

Quote:
Second car looks like a good spec but definitely not fully optioned (no Rear Seat Entertainment for example). The B&O sound is definitely a nice to have - just make sure you tweak the EQ settings if you get it though as it certainly doesn't give its best 'out of the box'.
Neither car has rear seat entertainment. I did want B&O but it’s definitely not a deal breaker.

Quote:
I don't have the CCB on my car but you hear a few complaints from people that do have them on their F10 that they can be a bit noisy. Not sure if you can live with that - I think it would do my head in if it is as bad as some say.
I read the same.. Option 1 has black wheels so brake dust isn’t that big of a problem

Quote:
On the colour front, you can't go wrong with a white M car, but I'm also a big fan of the Space Grey colour on the F10 shape, so I could go either way on that one.
Quote:
Sounds like the miles are unbelievably low on the first one - near enough to a brand new car. What's the service history like on it? What's the condition like on the car with 32k miles? Whilst it's not huge mileage, in the wrong hands it could still have signs of wear and tear.
Option 1 was leased by a wealthy business owner in Long Island, NY when the lease was up he purchased it. It was kept in a warehouse with other high dollar vehicles throughout its life and only taken out occasionally to get washed and such.
Option 2 is a CarMax vehicle.. I can only go based on the report.

Quote:
Assuming the cars are online, can you post up some links?
Option 1 is not online but I’ll post what I have

Thank you guys for your help
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 06:39 AM   #7
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
490? sure it's not been clocked lol
Lol you be the judge I found Option 1 online..

Option 1 :

https://www.victorycarseast.com/2016-BMW-M5-Huntington-NY-Long-Island-Queens-NYC-SUFFOLK/used_car/TKZZoXh7uV8%3d

Option 2 :

https://www.carmax.com/car/21628296
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60060.50
      03-05-2022, 07:12 AM   #8
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:

Option 1 :

https://www.victorycarseast.com/2016...TKZZoXh7uV8%3d

Option 2 :

I'll try and get on to them to see what its all about.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 07:17 AM   #9
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Option 1 :

https://www.victorycarseast.com/2016...TKZZoXh7uV8%3d

Option 2 :

Uhoh it's sold, well what I will say it looks kosher but I would never consider that color combo at 500 mi or 50k mi.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 07:41 AM   #10
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Uhoh it's sold, well what I will say it looks kosher but I would never consider that color combo at 500 mi or 50k mi.
Is there something about that color combo I should be aware of? I do think it’s less classy more sporty but I don’t hate the red. I would be fine with either vehicle. Option 2 doesn’t have the most detailed carfax and there’s radio silence from 5K to 35k that part worries me. Especially all I’ve read on the s63tu locking up and rod bearing issues
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 07:58 AM   #11
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Is there something about that color combo I should be aware of? I do think it’s less classy more sporty but I don’t hate the red. I would be fine with either vehicle. Option 2 doesn’t have the most detailed carfax and there’s radio silence from 5K to 35k that part worries me. Especially all I’ve read on the s63tu locking up and rod bearing issues
Quite frankly with the second one at that sky high price I'd look privately, I bought mine at 25k miles in a private sale, 10 miles from me in Singapore Grey and black interior with the comfort seats.
Check the oil changes were done at least every year or between 5-7k max miles and it had that all important first service and you should be okay but I understand the huge travel distances you may have over there to find one that ticks your boxes.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 08:21 AM   #12
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Quite frankly with the second one at that sky high price I'd look privately, I bought mine at 25k miles in a private sale, 10 miles from me in Singapore Grey and black interior with the comfort seats.
Check the oil changes were done at least every year or between 5-7k max miles and it had that all important first service and you should be okay but I understand the huge travel distances you may have over there to find one that ticks your boxes.
How do I know if Option 1 is a competition package that has the 600hp? Or is it the standard Comp package that has the 15hp increase to 575hp?

I apologize if i’m misinformed

This one caught my eye as well..

https://www.marshallgoldmanbh.com/used-vehicle-2016-bmw-m5-c-2120/
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 08:47 AM   #13
careagax5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

The car with low miles has sold
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 09:09 AM   #14
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by careagax5m View Post
The car with low miles has sold
Yes.. to me, but before I sign the check over to them and have them load it in an enclosed trailer to me I found this forum and wanted to get everyones opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 09:11 AM   #15
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
How do I know if Option 1 is a competition package that has the 600hp? Or is it the standard Comp package that has the 15hp increase to 575hp?

I apologize if i’m misinformed

This one caught my eye as well..

https://www.marshallgoldmanbh.com/us...bmw-m5-c-2120/
From 2015 all competition pack models had 600hp.
That one in Beverley hills looks much better, dealers themselves have a problem saying if it's a comp or not lol,
guess you'll have to speak to Alice about that.

Oh just saw they said it's a comp package so yes that ones 600hp. It has alcantara covered steer wheel and aftermarket rear spoiler with carbon four fin diffuser lower bumper.

Last edited by M5Rick; 03-05-2022 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 09:15 AM   #16
jangoblue2
Private
Rep
Drives: 14' F10 M5

Carbon Ceramics here, can confirm VERY noisy. At times it is not bad but other times they squeal like you won't believe lol. I would just be prepared for non-car people to tell you that you need new brakes. But look of gold calipers, and claimed stopping power seems to be great.

Regarding B&O was a must for me and now that I have it I wouldn't change one thing - driving at night and having the speaker pop out the dash and the ambient light under the top door speaker on the door is nice to have.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
Beast27358.00
      03-05-2022, 09:45 AM   #17
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yes.. to me, but before I sign the check over to them and have them load it in an enclosed trailer to me I found this forum and wanted to get everyones opinion.
I missed your post there, if you do decide to sign then you're getting a nearly brand new car, that one has normal steel disc brakes.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 10:05 AM   #18
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep

I think both are a bit overpriced, but given the current situation you could sell your current car for more than usual to make up for the difference.

I like the colors on option 1 wayyy more than option 2. But I don't like that it has holes in the bumper for the license plate.

For $76k you could also look at an F90 M5. I was thinking about one a few months ago with 1 owner, 30k miles at $74k. I decided against it because of the regular transmission and softer suspension, it felt more like a regular car.

You could still find great 2015-2016 F10 examples in the ~$50k range.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 11:25 AM   #19
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
I think both are a bit overpriced, but given the current situation you could sell your current car for more than usual to make up for the difference.

I like the colors on option 1 wayyy more than option 2. But I don't like that it has holes in the bumper for the license plate.

For $76k you could also look at an F90 M5. I was thinking about one a few months ago with 1 owner, 30k miles at $74k. I decided against it because of the regular transmission and softer suspension, it felt more like a regular car.

You could still find great 2015-2016 F10 examples in the ~$50k range.

I agree with you, it is a premium price but I figured due to mileage it was somewhat worth it.. I don’t care for the F90 M5 personally. To me this is the last true M5 that doesn’t look like a Japanese vehicle. Simple, RWD, raw power and luxurious. For me it boils down to should I grab the one with lower miles and keep it as a weekender garage Queen keep the miles low and see if it holds its value down the line the way it’s packaged or take one with higher miles like the one in Beverly Hills use it regularly and hope the engine doesn’t blow up
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 11:40 AM   #20
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep

I agree. If you're the type to stress about miles then I'd go with something around 20k miles and 1 or 2 owners max.

I bought my 2016 with 20k miles a couple years ago and have 40k now. It's been the best car I've had and I can't find a better one to replace it with. I take it everywhere.

As for the engine blowing up, I had that stress too at one point. Thing is, if you change the oil every 5k miles or less and warm it up properly, you won't have issues.

There are also other modifications that you can make to improve reliability. Things such as catless downpipes (w/o a tune), removing the charcoal air filters, wrapping the coolant lines, differential reinforcement, grill intakes, carbon fiber hood with scoops for heat dissipation, improved charge coolers, etc.

If I was in your shoes and deciding to spend my money, it would be option 1. But I would drive it normally and not keep it as a garage queen (except for salty winters if you have those). I'm looking at it as a possibility of buying a brand new f10 M5 at a huge discount. I would buy it myself if I didn't have mine set up perfectly to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 12:18 PM   #21
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
I agree. If you're the type to stress about miles then I'd go with something around 20k miles and 1 or 2 owners max.

I bought my 2016 with 20k miles a couple years ago and have 40k now. It's been the best car I've had and I can't find a better one to replace it with. I take it everywhere.

As for the engine blowing up, I had that stress too at one point. Thing is, if you change the oil every 5k miles or less and warm it up properly, you won't have issues.

There are also other modifications that you can make to improve reliability. Things such as catless downpipes (w/o a tune), removing the charcoal air filters, wrapping the coolant lines, differential reinforcement, grill intakes, carbon fiber hood with scoops for heat dissipation, improved charge coolers, etc.

If I was in your shoes and deciding to spend my money, it would be option 1. But I would drive it normally and not keep it as a garage queen (except for salty winters if you have those). I'm looking at it as a possibility of buying a brand new f10 M5 at a huge discount. I would buy it myself if I didn't have mine set up perfectly to me.

Great advice.. that’s more or less how I’ve felt about Option 1. I’m in Orlando, FL so no salty winters but plenty of Highway. I like that it’s practically brand new. Unless the one in Beverly Hills comes in at a price I can’t refuse I’ll update you guys with some photos whenever I get it.
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven474.50
      03-05-2022, 12:21 PM   #22
WolfBLK
Rep

Does anyone have an accurate option for build specs/window stickers? I want to compare these 2 builds

WBSFV9C56GD595603

WBSFV9C5XGD595880
Appreciate 0