06-26-2015, 07:27 AM   #23
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
30k miles and still drives like a dream -
M5 cured me of my yearly itch for car replacement - !!
Not even thinking about changing it and actually thinking about buying it after lease especially it will be 30K mikes OVER - LOL

I had to change my wife's car out of itching - because I couldn't change my beast and got her this Audi Q7 which I love as it drives like a dream too in its own right ... AS it turns out FUN IS NOT ALL ABOUT BEING FAST!! -

Do you think I was cured this way?-!
Nice! I like the Q7. Well done.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #24
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
You know my pain brother. I'm convinced that the DC Metro Area is purgatory for car enthusiasts. I almost got rid of my M5 about a year ago, but then I made a decision to stick it out, because I knew I wasn't going to be living here for forever. My plan is that by this time next year I will be outta here. I just hope to not have to deal with another winter before I leave.

But just to prove how ridiculous this area is, here is some evidence, cold hard facts, and statistics that I've now been dealing with for the past year and half now.

I deal with number 6 on a weekly basis.

http://jalopnik.com/5963595/the-most...s-speed-limits

And then I drive on number 10 on a weekly basis. But I drive on number 5 on a daily basis, going to and from work. Number 1 also frustrates me because it is actually one of the best roads I've ever been on in the entire country, and that is saying a lot as I have driven the best mountain and desert roads in Southern California, Las Vegas, Washington State, and Montana in my M5.

http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-most-rid...ium=socialflow

And this is just the speed limits. Then there is the traffic and the retarded people that drive around here. Then the humid summers and frostbitten winters. I'm convinced this is the worst place in the world to live if you love driving. Then again, I hear Jakarta is pretty bad and the people who get stuck in traffic for weeks, yes weeks that's not a typo, in China.

I don't know if somebody like DayLaborer or ICE7 will feel the same way because I don't know if they've ever experienced mountain and canyon roads like in Southern California, but I pretty much hate it here. The only way to really have fun in an M car around here is to go to a race track, and that's not easy to do either.
Dave I feel yea I have driven in Cali and out west and this place by far is the worst place to ever dive between VA SS troopers and the roads this place is a drivers worst nightmare. I have a strong dislike for VA after living there for 3 years I would not return unless I have to. Also I have done #9 before and they took a pic of my car but I never got the ticket in the mail. I was under the understanding that all ezpasses where at speed..I was wrong......
2002 M5 Carbon Black (sold) should have never sold her
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #25
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
I remember when I lived in the Metro DC area. The roads there are horrendous. I actually would never own an M in DC. You can't really enjoy it between the roads and the traffic.
You know my pain brother. I'm convinced that the DC Metro Area is purgatory for car enthusiasts. I almost got rid of my M5 about a year ago, but then I made a decision to stick it out, because I knew I wasn't going to be living here for forever. My plan is that by this time next year I will be outta here. I just hope to not have to deal with another winter before I leave.

But just to prove how ridiculous this area is, here is some evidence, cold hard facts, and statistics that I've now been dealing with for the past year and half now.

And then I drive on number 10 on a weekly basis. But I drive on number 5 on a daily basis, going to and from work. Number 1 also frustrates me because it is actually one of the best roads I've ever been on in the entire country, and that is saying a lot as I have driven the best mountain and desert roads in Southern California, Las Vegas, Washington State, and Montana in my M5.

And this is just the speed limits. Then there is the traffic and the retarded people that drive around here. Then the humid summers and frostbitten winters. I'm convinced this is the worst place in the world to live if you love driving. Then again, I hear Jakarta is pretty bad and the people who get stuck in traffic for weeks, yes weeks that's not a typo, in China.

I don't know if somebody like DayLaborer or ICE7 will feel the same way because I don't know if they've ever experienced mountain and canyon roads like in Southern California, but I pretty much hate it here. The only way to really have fun in an M car around here is to go to a race track, and that's not easy to do either.
I do know your pain and have driven all of the roads you mentioned. I also used to haul ass through Rock Creek Park to get from Silver Spring to Georgetown quickly. It was sheer luck that I did not get a ticket (I was driving it at night hence my ability to go fast). It was bad back when I lived in DC (circa 1996-2000). It is much, much worse now. I figured you would tire of it. I did. Going back to Cali?
      06-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #26
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
I remember when I lived in the Metro DC area. The roads there are horrendous. I actually would never own an M in DC. You can't really enjoy it between the roads and the traffic.

I do know your pain and have driven all of the roads you mentioned. I also used to haul ass through Rock Creek Park to get from Silver Spring to Georgetown quickly. It was sheer luck that I did not get a ticket (I was driving it at night hence my ability to go fast). It was bad back when I lived in DC (circa 1996-2000). It is much, much worse now. I figured you would tire of it. I did. Going back to Cali?
Don't know where I'm going yet but hoping to move to Europe next or one day. We'll see.

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #27
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Got to find you a good home Dave so you can boogie on
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #28
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

Late to this thread, but @ 56K as well on my October 2013 build. Smooth sailing with just the front wheel bearing needing to be replaced early on but no re-occurrence.

Oh, and she eats tires. :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 10:30 AM   #29
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Don't know where I'm going yet but hoping to move to Europe next or one day. We'll see.
If you move to Russia you will complain a lot more about the roads. They look like swiss cheese over there.