M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-02-2014, 04:40 AM   #67
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
Have some video before I got home nothing special I know some wanted to hear it. The good thing is no exhaust you can really hear it. With exhaust it will sound crazy like in my M6
In the beginning you can hear the turbos spooling then as I get in front if the camera both times you can hear when I key off. The sound is crisp and not over the top. The video doesn't give it justice

With an exhaust it sounds amazing.

Ill shoot a video with the M6 since its fully modded will be a great comparison
M6beast, u mean this is the custom intake sound without any other mod? Stock exhaust n everything?

The sound is super nice! I love it.....
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #68
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k View Post
M6beast, u mean this is the custom intake sound without any other mod? Stock exhaust n everything?

The sound is super nice! I love it.....
Yeah that's completely stock the only thing is the intake. Will Dyno this week it defenitely feels alot stronger. Hope to see some great gains
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #69
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Yeah that's completely stock the only thing is the intake. Will Dyno this week it defenitely feels alot stronger. Hope to see some great gains
OMG, just can't believe it.......

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #70
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Can't wait to see final product
      09-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #71
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 CP XDrive G82 M4 - SSG

Garage List
Man that sounds amazing, when do you plan production?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:41 PM   #72
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoM3z View Post
Man that sounds amazing, when do you plan production?
Once everything is finalized for there are a couple changes needed for both M5 and M6. Jigs are done but after a couple things I noticed about easy instillation and maintance down the road I decided to have jigs redone. Plus I want a couple thousand miles on tack to monitor and to make sure fully adapted. It's been three days already and can tell its still not adapted yet. One minute its hauling ass the next it feels like its still learning. The volume of air that its getting and the way it has to read it is nothing like a normal intake. Every gear change or dropping gears ect the car has to adapt.

It's 100 degrees outsude right now and it burns through 1st gear just gasing it and that's 325's in the back. I can't wait till its fully adapted ready to Dyno this thing.

It just keeps pulling all the way to redline and the car is completely stock. Before the car would heat soak after a couple of third gear pulls, now it runs consistent and intake temps drop more and more as you go through the gears where the stock intake temps climb just in one pull.

Hopefully will have some good data and see what my CNC guys and fabricators have in store for me. I didn't cut back on anything. I hope to have a couple sets soon if everything goes as planned

Have a buddy with a M5 muffler delete, upgraded stock intake and BMS 3.5 boost increase set up for a race
Hopefully we can see how it performs between the two. As of right now it feels like I have BMS 3lbs boost increase. That's hard to believe I know, but Dyno should show if I'm right or not. Plus a race against a moded M5 would be a great test

Last edited by m6beast; 09-02-2014 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #73
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Looking forward to your dyno. If it does work I need it for the upcoming shift S3ctor event. LOL. If you are planning on selling it I can help you market it on the West Coast.
      09-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #74
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
For an intake and stock everything, that says a lot. Is your setup using the same stock intake box? or is the intake ram rerouted down near the front air ducts?

I tried few intakes in the past and non of which really gave much usable power. If you ever need a test mule, I'm more than happy to purchase pre-production unit from you and run it for a few thousand miles. I've been doing some data logging for BMS piggy back since I'm at 5500 ft. above sea level.

Quote:
Once everything is finalized for there are a couple changes needed for both M5 and M6. Jigs are done but after a couple things I noticed about easy instillation and maintance down the road I decided to have jigs redone. Plus I want a couple thousand miles on tack to monitor and to make sure fully adapted. It's been three days already and can tell its still not adapted yet. One minute its hauling ass the next it feels like its still learning. The volume of air that its getting and the way it has to read it is nothing like a normal intake. Every gear change or dropping gears ect the car has to adapt.

It's 100 degrees outsude right now and it burns through 1st gear just gasing it and that's 325's in the back. I can't wait till its fully adapted ready to Dyno this thing.

It just keeps pulling all the way to redline and the car is completely stock. Before the car would heat soak after a couple of third gear pulls, now it runs consistent and intake temps drop more and more as you go through the gears where the stock intake temps climb just in one pull.

Hopefully will have some good data and see what my CNC guys and fabricators have in store for me. I didn't cut back on anything. I hope to have a couple sets soon if everything goes as planned

Have a buddy with a M5 muffler delete, upgraded stock intake and BMS 3.5 boost increase set up for a race
Hopefully we can see how it performs between the two. As of right now it feels like I have BMS 3lbs boost increase. That's hard to believe I know, but Dyno should show if I'm right or not. Plus a race against a moded M5 would be a great test

Last edited by JoM3z; 09-02-2014 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #75
M5TXGuy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 BlackSapphireMetallic

Quote:
It's 100 degrees outsude right now and it burns through 1st gear just gasing it and that's 325's in the back.
The sound is sick, and I can't wait for more results. You have 325s in the back, what size wheels are they and do you have spacers? (Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread.)
      09-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #76
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
For an intake and stock everything, that says a lot. Is your setup using the same stock intake box? or is the intake ram rerouted down near the front air ducts?

I tried few intakes in the past and non of which really gave much usable power. If you ever need a test mule, I'm more than happy to purchase pre-production unit from you and run it for a few thousand miles. I've been doing some data logging for BMS piggy back since I'm at 5500 ft. above sea level.
Everything is custom made, CNC cut MAF flanges all hand made fabricated piping with top of the line filters. Do to the MAF sensors being so sensitive I e been working on this set up for quite some time Terrry can vouche me on that. Changed diameter of pipe MAF locations transitions bends filter locations and angles its been a lot of work. You know what it is to worry about getting a cel every time you crank the car or cruising along? I almost dropped the whole project.
It's crazy I've been driving it since Saturday and it still hasn't adapted. Every run it feels different it just shows once adapted its gonna make huge power.

It's starting to pull like when I had upgraded my stock intake with BMS 3lb boost increase.

I plan to go to the track tomorrow if its fully adapted, also hoping to get some Dyno pulls by Thursday if she's ready.

Once its all done and I have all the data to go with it its a green light.

It will take another couple of weeks to get material, CNC cut flanges and all other parts that will go with it. Plus my fabricator to pump these out. They are hand made tig welded no molded plastic all 100% hand made in USA.
I'm really excited how its turned out and I hope to please everyone as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #77
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Great work M6beast, it sounds amazing. I wanna hear it with full bolt ons and a bms tune.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #78
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5TXGuy View Post
The sound is sick, and I can't wait for more results. You have 325s in the back, what size wheels are they and do you have spacers? (Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread.)
They are 21x11's no spacers. The offset helps get it that wide but I feel with the right offset these cars can fit a 12" back there sane as my M6
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #79
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
Great work M6beast, it sounds amazing. I wanna hear it with full bolt ons and a bms tune.
Ill have the M6 up an running again with the intake so you'll really get the whole effect its sounds amazing. The exhaust and intake balance each other out its Really hard to discribe.

I also have my muffler delete redone with a custom resonator for those who have catless DP. This way you still get the best of both worlds with the performance of a muffler delete without the drone. I really won't know how well it will work until I get her back on the road.

Have alot of things coming and looking out. mostly tailored to your preference with the extra performance everyone has been looking for.

Last edited by m6beast; 09-02-2014 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #80
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Great work and it is clear you have a passion for making quality performance improvements for our cars.

I just hope you can come to Omaha to help me with the install once the intake is available!

Dave
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #81
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 12 View Post
Great work and it is clear you have a passion for making quality performance improvements for our cars.

I just hope you can come to Omaha to help me with the install once the intake is available!

Dave
Dave what ever you will need I don't mind traveling ill set you up any way you want. It's a passion for me I can do it all night!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #82
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This goes to show the effort and passion that goes into your work. I am very excited and can't wait to see the results. Was the adaption for the M6 took this long? Any ideas why the M5 adaption is taking this long?

Quote:
Everything is custom made, CNC cut MAF flanges all hand made fabricated piping with top of the line filters. Do to the MAF sensors being so sensitive I e been working on this set up for quite some time Terrry can vouche me on that. Changed diameter of pipe MAF locations transitions bends filter locations and angles its been a lot of work. You know what it is to worry about getting a cel every time you crank the car or cruising along? I almost dropped the whole project.
It's crazy I've been driving it since Saturday and it still hasn't adapted. Every run it feels different it just shows once adapted its gonna make huge power.

It's starting to pull like when I had upgraded my stock intake with BMS 3lb boost increase.

I plan to go to the track tomorrow if its fully adapted, also hoping to get some Dyno pulls by Thursday if she's ready.

Once its all done and I have all the data to go with it its a green light.

It will take another couple of weeks to get material, CNC cut flanges and all other parts that will go with it. Plus my fabricator to pump these out. They are hand made tig welded no molded plastic all 100% hand made in USA.
I'm really excited how its turned out and I hope to please everyone as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 10:39 PM   #83
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
This goes to show the effort and passion that goes into your work. I am very excited and can't wait to see the results. Was the adaption for the M6 took this long? Any ideas why the M5 adaption is taking this long?
Well even the 6 wasn't fully adapted do to a meth leak in the filter befire the solenoid not a bad one but enough to effect how it ran. I found out later when it was acting crazy on the Dyno. Even with that it still made power. when i fixed the leak not thinking anything of it i started driving it like i stole it, then the M6 had multiple missfire codes like some who didnt give it time to adapt.

Well i went throygb the adaptation process again and its hauling ass. Since then I parked it as I've been building other custom products. So who knows really what the gains will be once I get it back in the Dyno.

in the mean time i bolted the intake up to the M5 with some minor adjustments and off I went. I felt the M5 would be a better test mule because it doesn't have the inconsistencies of the meth effecting the true power gains and showing the true potential of the intake on a bone stock car.

Another reason its taken so long I went out of town and spent more Time cruising then actually running it hard to adapt. So the last day or two I've been been going through the adaptation process and I can feel the difference especially today. I'm thinking tomorrow will be another good day and closer to being fully adapted.

I can say the car pulls crazy to redline even 100F which is not normal for a M5 that has stock cats and stock exhaust. Before it would heat soak even if it was a cooler day and running it hard.

The data I collected proved that pushing it through the gears intake temps got cooler. I even let the car idle for 25minutes in a parking lot and watched intake temps rise from 120-150 then I went for a drive and as I was going through the gears temps got down to 115-120.

If it was stock intake it would have had no power what's so ever especially in 95+ humid weather.

Any way I will have Dyno numbers for both cars very soon. As for the M5 ill have other products as well to add and Dyno each modification.

Hope this gives a better understanding of adaptation and what to expect from both cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #84
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Planning to go to the track tonight if it doesn't rain. Also in the mix another M5 with full exhaust upgraded stock intake BMS 3.5 boost increase against M6beast stock M5 with custom intake

Wish me luck
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #85
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Planning to go to the track tonight if it doesn't rain. Also in the mix another M5 with full exhaust upgraded stock intake BMS 3.5 boost increase against M6beast stock M5 with custom intake

Wish me luck
All the best!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #86
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Good luck, pedal to the metal.

Quote:

Wish me luck
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #87
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Good luck, pedal to the metal.
Well I don't think my times will be as good as i thought. I was hoping to add my drag radials from the M6 but the offset is a little more aggressive. Oh well going any way we see how that goes with street tires.

I was excited thinking I would be running drag radials for some awesome 60ft times. Any way will do my best
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #88
patb23
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP & '62 corvette

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [10.00]
1962 Corvette  [10.00]
Quote:

Wish me luck
Can't wait to see the new intake. I guess I'll have to wait and see it at WGF in 2 wks.
Mods: Gloss Black Wheels, 35% 3M Tint, IND Gloss Black (LCI Grilles, Side Markers, Rear Emblem) IND M5 Floor Mats, RKP (McRae Splitters & Rear Diffuser), Passport 9500ci, Suntek PPF-C, M Door Projectors
1962 Corvette Convertible Red/Black (Gone:'11 750Li, '09 Z06, '08 550i)
Appreciate 0