BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-02-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Alignment gurus need your help!

I installed my KW HAS kit and installed new wheels and tire's. Everything felt great, went in for alignment last week and car feels like it very slightly pulls to the right. I need just a tad of pressure to keep the wheel straight. I was told they could not get the pass front camber any better, but if camber was an issue it would pull to the left since the more positive is the front left, which usually would indicate which way it would pull. Shop is going to look over everything tomorrow, just wanted you guys to take a peak at my alignment specs and see if you see anything glaring which would cause this so I could bring it to the techs attention. Thanks!
Attached Images

'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 05:59 AM   #2
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

its caster that has the greatest effect on pull to left or right. I see you right caster is 7.5. compare to left at 7.2. I wonder if someone adjusted your toe on the right to compensate for the right pull. Now tow is equal on both sides you are feeling a slight pull?
      05-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
steeve13m
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I still have an unknown pull to the right issue for over a year and 5 alignments.......my only hope is to bring it to a BMW dealer for deeper analysis.....but here is what I had found;

" http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=549373

"Mine was completely solved. It can happen. I had it as bad as that video.

1. Software update
2. Rotate springs (not struts, there are no struts).
3. Replace upper steering column.

1. ’Straight through conversion’ software update
2. Rotate struts + alignment
3. Replace power steering rack + alignment "

"Turns out that this problem is well known to BMWNA. There are three fixes.

1. EPS software patch. This supposedly adjusts the way the EPS responds to the forces from road crown.

2. Spring rotation. This affects how the car responds to crown and bump steer.

3. Steering column. Rumored to have a batch manufactured that was not within BMW's tolerances. Supposedly it has something to do with the torque characteristics of the column and it's resistance to being pulled by bumps and road crown. New part was installed as of August or September 2010 production. "
2018 Range Rover Velar S-White
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #4
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Thanks guys for the replies, they re did the alignment because apparently my suspension settled more and the print out did not match what they left it at last alignment. It seems good now.

Also the caster from what I have read, is supposed to be .30* more positive on the passenger wheel at counteract the crown in the road. That caster was set from BMW and not changed.

Thanks again, I love my KW HAS kit!!!
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #5
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Thanks guys for the replies, they re did the alignment because apparently my suspension settled more and the print out did not match what they left it at last alignment. It seems good now.

Also the caster from what I have read, is supposed to be .30* more positive on the passenger wheel at counteract the crown in the road. That caster was set from BMW and not changed.

never noticed you drive on the wrong side of the road lol. my caster is only 0.05 difference from left to right and drives with no pull.

glad its fixed anyway
      05-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5 TT View Post
Quote:

never noticed you drive on the wrong side of the road lol. my caster is only 0.05 difference from left to right and drives with no pull.

glad its fixed anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5 TT View Post
Quote:

glad its fixed anyway
Haaaa thanks! Yes we drive on the "right" side of the road
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #7
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Mine whines when I walk past her in the garage and jump in my daily Civic.
Appreciate 0