M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-21-2016, 11:55 PM   #111
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copasetic222 View Post
Can anyone answer this?
+2.... Anyone have some input?
No, dinan are like competition exhaust sound
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 12:25 AM   #112
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

What's the decibel (db) rating of these exhausts?

And would these be legal in places that have noise regulations? (e.g. California USA 95 db limit)
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #113
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMORGSM5 View Post

Wot with all the windows down
Awesome! My Supersprint cabless DPs arrived, just a matter of time when they go on my CP.
Be great to hear some more!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:24 PM   #114
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

List doesn't account for dumped exhausts want loud put dumps at the downpipe on a car

Also having a crazy exhaust on my R8 (v10) and having a friend fully straight 5.0 gallardo i'd never rank an S63tu with them or an e60 m5 in terms of loudness.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 03:59 AM   #115
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2014

Anyone got experience with supersprint race muffler here? I believe earlier in the post they were talking about SS sport which came out first.
I am looking to go from my stock muffler to either SS race or Eisenmann Race. Not looking to delete resonator or do anything else at this point. I am interested in more bass in the sound without being too loud vs stock especially at cold start so that my neighbours aren't bothered. Having said that I want it to be loud and bassy when I rev up without too much drone.
Price is also a factor, I can get SS race for about £1500 vs E-race which is about £2500. I know this is very subjective but is E-race really 1k better .
Would appreciate any guidance on how these stock up against each other and if there is anything similar with good reliability that I should be looking at. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 04:49 PM   #116
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 E60/M6 GC/M550i/M850/M3 Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by msq123 View Post
Anyone got experience with supersprint race muffler here? I believe earlier in the post they were talking about SS sport which came out first.
I am looking to go from my stock muffler to either SS race or Eisenmann Race. Not looking to delete resonator or do anything else at this point. I am interested in more bass in the sound without being too loud vs stock especially at cold start so that my neighbours aren't bothered. Having said that I want it to be loud and bassy when I rev up without too much drone.
Price is also a factor, I can get SS race for about £1500 vs E-race which is about £2500. I know this is very subjective but is E-race really 1k better .
Would appreciate any guidance on how these stock up against each other and if there is anything similar with good reliability that I should be looking at. Cheers
I am looking at the same set up....have you done anything..? I am so afraid that the E-Race will give drone.....its so frustrating...some say no drone and others are changing to something else because of drone..also looking at E-Spirt with non resonated mid, I think that would be very nice...valves on the Sport AS well.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 01:22 AM   #117
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteng70 View Post
Quote:
I am looking at the same set up....have you done anything..? I am so afraid that the E-Race will give drone.....its so frustrating...some say no drone and others are changing to something else because of drone..also looking at E-Spirt with non resonated mid, I think that would be very nice...valves on the Sport AS well.
Nothing done yet. Replacing my winter tyres this month so probably will look in to this in a month or two. M5 ain't cheap to maintain .

I agreed with you about the conflicting information and no way of actually going and checking out for yourself unless you know someone. Youtube videos don't do it for me because there are so many factors in audio recording and 2 recordings could be markedly different for the same setup.

I am not an expert but I won't delete the resonator to start with if concerned about the drone, maybe try changing the muffler and see how it goes and then you could remove the resonator later. This gradual increase will help you decide what you want.

E-race has got good feedback but I am just holding back because of the premium over supersprint. But if that's what you like I think it will be a good choice considering it is so popular.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 05:25 AM   #118
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 E60/M6 GC/M550i/M850/M3 Com

Quote:
Nothing done yet. Replacing my winter tyres this month so probably will look in to this in a month or two. M5 ain't cheap to maintain .

I agreed with you about the conflicting information and no way of actually going and checking out for yourself unless you know someone. Youtube videos don't do it for me because there are so many factors in audio recording and 2 recordings could be markedly different for the same setup.

I am not an expert but I won't delete the resonator to start with if concerned about the drone, maybe try changing the muffler and see how it goes and then you could remove the resonator later. This gradual increase will help you decide what you want.

E-race has got good feedback but I am just holding back because of the premium over supersprint. But if that's what you like I think it will be a good choice considering it is so popular.
Thank you so much for feedback.....so you`re also afraid of drone...why consider Race then? I agree beginning with only the mufflers E-Sport and then cutting the resonators if necessary....I saw a video of the Supersprint full system, very nice but quite expensive once you go valve.....

Morten
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #119
msq123
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteng70 View Post
Quote:

Thank you so much for feedback.....so you`re also afraid of drone...why consider Race then? I agree beginning with only the mufflers E-Sport and then cutting the resonators if necessary....I saw a video of the Supersprint full system, very nice but quite expensive once you go valve.....

Morten
I am still undecided between the two but I believe that deleting resonator will increase the drone vs race. Also sport is said to be too close to the stock muffler so I don't want to invest and then regret but that is the risk with these things, very difficult to hear it in person before installation.
Valve is best of both world but I can't justify the extra 1k in price.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:51 PM   #120
miesdoorz
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

The Eisenmann Sport Axleback is louder than the Akrapovic.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 12:12 AM   #121
miesdoorz
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Just a bit.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #122
MDF10
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dudes, I decided to make this post into it's own thread cause I think it is useful information for anyone shopping for an exhaust for their F10 M5. This is just an assessment based on loudness alone, this has nothing to do with tone. I think once more downpipes start hitting the street I'll make a new list.

Somewhere on this Forum Rob///M5 made a really good list of a scale of 1-10 of loudness of exhausts, but I can't find it. I was going to post it again here but I'll just make up my own based on my experience instead. If anyone finds it, please post it. Thanks.

Anyways, after playing with my buddy's Stage 2 E60 M5 a few weekends ago and also hearing my other buddies Straightpiped Lambo Superleggera, here's how I rank the exhausts that are out today:

-Again ranging from 1 (mouse peeping in the night) to 10 (jet aircraft at full afterburner).

Update 6/18/2013: Since the time of this original post several new developments have come about. More people are starting to get Catless Downpipes for their M5's and M6's. Also a few new exhaust systems have come on the market which I have not heard yet., such as the RDSport Exhaust System, and the Vorsteiner System. I will post them up if I ever get to hear them in real life. I have updated the list accordingly.

Update 8/14/2015: Been a couple of years since I've updated this thread. Since then I've heard a few other exhausts, plus at the time of the last update the Competition Package wasn't out yet. I'm adding a few others for your perusal. New additions are in BOLD.

1: F10 M5 Stock Exhaust (Although the crack from the stock exhaust is louder than most other aftermarket exhausts, I think it may be because the stock mufflers are actually smaller than a lot aftermarket ones)
1.5: Competition Package Exhaust (No Baffles) / Stock Non-Competition Package Exhaust with valves wired open.
2: RPi GTS Exhaust / Akropovic Exhaust, Competition Package Exhaust with vales wired open.
3: F10 M5 Eisenmann Sport (Mufflers Only)
4: F10 M5 RPi GT Exhaust / F10 M5 Supersprint Exhaust (Mufflers Only)
5: F10 M5 Eisenmann Race Exhaust (Mufflers Only, this is actually one of my favorite setups)
6: F10 M5 Meisterschaft GT Exhaust, F10 M5 with Turner Motorsport Axleback Muffler Delete Exhaust
7: F10 M5 RPi GTM Exhaust (The Cracks from the exhaust will actually hurt your eardrums though) / E60 M5 RPi GTS Exhaust / AMS Catless Downpipes with Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust.
8: E60 M5 RPi GT Exhaust / E60 M5 Eisenmann Race Exhaust / E92 M3 RPi GTM Exhaust / Sharkwerks 991 GT3 Full Bypass Exhaust.
9: E60 M5 RPi Stage 2 with Full GT Headers and GT Exhaust / Almost any E60 with Headers and Exhaust / Straightpiped Merc C63 / Straightpiped Aston DBS / Straightpiped Lexus ISF / F10 M5 with AMS Catless Downpipes and Full Eisenmann Race Exhaust / and any kind of custom exhaust that is straighted-piped as well. There have been quite a few independent shops that have made custom exhaust sytems for the F10 M5/F13 M6 and some have been straightpiped.
9.5: F10 M5 with Catless Downpipes and RPi GTM Exhaust / Audi R8 V10 with LMS Headers and reduced muffler exhaust.
10: Straightpiped Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera / Straightpiped Porsche Carrera GT / Straightpiped Lambo Aventador
Where would you put the SuperSprint race mufflers on the list?
18% tint-gloss black dual slat front grille and gloss black door handle insert-gloss black M5 style rear spoiler-IND gloss black fender trim-IND painted front reflector-Goldenwrench Supply Co. tail light overlay kit
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 09:42 AM   #123
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDF10 View Post
Quote:
Dudes, I decided to make this post into it's own thread cause I think it is useful information for anyone shopping for an exhaust for their F10 M5. This is just an assessment based on loudness alone, this has nothing to do with tone. I think once more downpipes start hitting the street I'll make a new list.

Somewhere on this Forum Rob///M5 made a really good list of a scale of 1-10 of loudness of exhausts, but I can't find it. I was going to post it again here but I'll just make up my own based on my experience instead. If anyone finds it, please post it. Thanks.

Anyways, after playing with my buddy's Stage 2 E60 M5 a few weekends ago and also hearing my other buddies Straightpiped Lambo Superleggera, here's how I rank the exhausts that are out today:

-Again ranging from 1 (mouse peeping in the night) to 10 (jet aircraft at full afterburner).

Update 6/18/2013: Since the time of this original post several new developments have come about. More people are starting to get Catless Downpipes for their M5's and M6's. Also a few new exhaust systems have come on the market which I have not heard yet., such as the RDSport Exhaust System, and the Vorsteiner System. I will post them up if I ever get to hear them in real life. I have updated the list accordingly.

Update 8/14/2015: Been a couple of years since I've updated this thread. Since then I've heard a few other exhausts, plus at the time of the last update the Competition Package wasn't out yet. I'm adding a few others for your perusal. New additions are in BOLD.

1: F10 M5 Stock Exhaust (Although the crack from the stock exhaust is louder than most other aftermarket exhausts, I think it may be because the stock mufflers are actually smaller than a lot aftermarket ones)
1.5: Competition Package Exhaust (No Baffles) / Stock Non-Competition Package Exhaust with valves wired open.
2: RPi GTS Exhaust / Akropovic Exhaust, Competition Package Exhaust with vales wired open.
5: F10 M5 Eisenmann Race Exhaust (Mufflers Only, this is actually one of my favorite setups)
6: F10 M5 Meisterschaft GT Exhaust, F10 M5 with Turner Motorsport Axleback Muffler Delete Exhaust
7: F10 M5 RPi GTM Exhaust (The Cracks from the exhaust will actually hurt your eardrums though) / E60 M5 RPi GTS Exhaust / AMS Catless Downpipes with Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust.
8: E60 M5 RPi GT Exhaust / E60 M5 Eisenmann Race Exhaust / E92 M3 RPi GTM Exhaust / Sharkwerks 991 GT3 Full Bypass Exhaust.
9: E60 M5 RPi Stage 2 with Full GT Headers and GT Exhaust / Almost any E60 with Headers and Exhaust / Straightpiped Merc C63 / Straightpiped Aston DBS / Straightpiped Lexus ISF / F10 M5 with AMS Catless Downpipes and Full Eisenmann Race Exhaust / and any kind of custom exhaust that is straighted-piped as well. There have been quite a few independent shops that have made custom exhaust sytems for the F10 M5/F13 M6 and some have been straightpiped.
9.5: F10 M5 with Catless Downpipes and RPi GTM Exhaust / Audi R8 V10 with LMS Headers and reduced muffler exhaust.
10: Straightpiped Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera / Straightpiped Porsche Carrera GT / Straightpiped Lambo Aventador
Isn't that number 4?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #124
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Also curious what would this be on the list: Cat-less downpipes, resonators & muffler delete.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #125
MDF10
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDF10 View Post
Quote:

Isn't that number 4?
Supersprint has two versions. Sport and race mufflers.
18% tint-gloss black dual slat front grille and gloss black door handle insert-gloss black M5 style rear spoiler-IND gloss black fender trim-IND painted front reflector-Goldenwrench Supply Co. tail light overlay kit
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:38 PM   #126
M5Missile1
M5Missile1
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw F10 M5

So I have the akra that came w comp package pure metal and I installed cut outs for more loudness.. what mufflers would say are close to muffler delete sound? thnx
Appreciate 0