M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #45
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

Just talked to my dealer 5 mins ago. He confirmed that my order is in the order bank. He is waiting on the allocations now.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #46
nyamg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 Turbo

This is my first post, I'm really excited to be joining this group of future F10 M5 owners......I just got back from my dealer, I'm on Long Island. My order is in, and I have the first slot.

My specs: MCB,
Shakir Full Leather
Executive Pack
20" M light alloys
Ban & Olufsen
Piano Black Trim

I might also be doing the pick up at the Performance Center in S. Carolina, I'm not sure yet. I have A few questions, maybe somebody can help me out? My dealer had no idea about frozen colors for the M5, did anybody else get any answers about frozen colors? also I've seen two types of seats in all the pics, one which is smooth leather and the others have a nice design on them (almost like a lined leather????) and info on these???

TIA ......cant wait for delivery!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #47
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyamg View Post
This is my first post, I'm really excited to be joining this group of future F10 M5 owners......I just got back from my dealer, I'm on Long Island. My order is in, and I have the first slot.

Shakir Full Leather
Executive Pack
20" M light alloys
Ban & Olufsen
Piano Black Trim

I might also be doing the pick up at the Performance Center in S. Carolina, I'm not sure yet. I have A few questions, maybe somebody can help me out? My dealer had no idea about frozen colors for the M5, did anybody else get any answers about frozen colors? also I've seen two types of seats in all the pics,
one which is smooth leather and the others have a nice design on them (almost like a lined leather????) and info on these???

Congrats! Performance Center Delivery by all accounts is an amazing experience (I haven't done it, but if it's anything like track days I go to, it should be a blast), so if you can swing the time to pick it up down there and drive it back, I'd go for it. Just make sure to shift between gears on the highway during your drive back because doing your break-in miles at a constant RPM is no bueno.

As for frozen colors, they don't seem to be part of the standard offerings for US builds, at least not yet. I'm sure you could go the Individual route to get them, but that adds $5K just for a special exterior color.

As for the seats, the only two seat differences I've seen have been Extended leather which have plastic backs and Full leather which are leather everywhere. If that's not what you're referring to, maybe post pics of what's on your mind? I guess different countries might have differently spec'd leather, but I doubt it.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #48
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
per of what I've read.... The frozen colors are available. You just have to pay the = increase for it.

Last edited by Ali.K_BMW; 05-03-2012 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #49
AlphaM
THE UNTOUCHABLE
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2022 IX 50

2013 M5 ordering not "open" as of yet?

In Canada (Quebec) my BMW dealeship (largest dealer in Canada) is telling me that he cannot enter the order in his system for the 2013 M5 as of yet. He is also telling me that the BMW north America system is interconnected and so the U.S.A system is same and thus no USA dealship can enter any orders in their system. So i'm not sure how your orders are submitted in their system when their system doesn't have the capability yet?

I can't wait to order mine:

- Black Sapphire
- Black Ext merino leather
- Piano black
- 20 inch wheels
- executive package
- Driver Assistance Package
- night vision
- Bang Olufsen
- european delivery

wish BMW would time themselves a bit better, not normal that the expected delivery of M5 would be around September and also they have backordered parts like "piano black". this is an amazing product but timing is very OFF.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #50
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyamg

Shakir Full Leather
Executive Pack
20" M light alloys
Ban & Olufsen
Piano Black Trim

I might also be doing the pick up at the Performance Center in S. Carolina, I'm not sure yet. I have A few questions, maybe somebody can help me out? My dealer had no idea about frozen colors for the M5, did anybody else get any answers about frozen colors? also I've seen two types of seats in all the pics, one which is smooth leather and the others have a nice design on them (almost like a lined leather????) and info on these???

Which dealer in LI?
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #51
BCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I'd think on it. Looking at the pics you posted I'm thinking even more that Piano Black would be a way to re-emphasize the classy side of the M5. That Full Sakhir is doing plenty to highlight the sporty character, so the Piano Black gives it balance IMHO. Both Sakhir and aluminum separately emphasize sportiness, but I don't think they combine well together, at least not when right next to each other as they are in Full Merino spec. But then I'm biased, because I didn't like Fox Red Extended + aluminum trim on M3s either. But obviously do what you'll enjoy most!

The aggravation with Extended is that you miss out on a much more luxurious interior, mostly the dashboard and rear of the front seats being full leather. That's a tough tradeoff to make just for aesthetics, and like I said above, I think black trim can be ok on a sporty car as long as you've got something else representing the sporty side, which Sakhir definitely does.
I completely agree. The piano black looks best here, and Sakhir does plenty to add to the sporty character of the interior.

I wouldn't consider any aluminum trim on any 5er or the M5 for one reason: all the trims have that silver on the bottom of them. So aluminum trim won't quite match that silver and will likely clash somewhat. It's much better to choose a color that compliments your interior and exterior color choices as well as the silver that runs along the bottom of the trim. Just my opinion, of course...

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #52
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Order went in as of 1:30PST 4th in line.

- Silverstone Exterior
- Silverstone II Extended Interior
- Aluminum Trace Trim
- 20 M light alloy wheels
- Comfort Access keyless Entry
- Heads Up display
- BMW APPS
- Sat Radio
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #53
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:

The aggravation with Extended is that you miss out on a much more luxurious interior, mostly the dashboard and rear of the front seats being full leather. That's a tough tradeoff to make just for aesthetics, and like I said above, I think black trim can be ok on a sporty car as long as you've got something else representing the sporty side, which Sakhir definitely does.
I actually prefer the more two toned look of the black seat backs and black dash with Sakhir because I fear it may be too much orange for me- but I wish I could have the black leather stitched dash!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #54
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

We are waiting on allocations as well Just talked to Ryan. He has just been submitting the orders such as others have stated.

I know that BMW is making north of 3000 units in the first 6 months, just not sure how many each dealer will get at the beginning. AS usual ED orders do not come out of the indiv dealers allocations.

We are hoping that we get more since Ryan is the top M salesman but I doubt it. Im sure each dealer gets a set amount based on how many "total" units their region sells. Ill update as Ryan updates me.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #55
nyamg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Which dealer in LI?
Hassel BMW, Freeport.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #56
nyamg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! Performance Center Delivery by all accounts is an amazing experience (I haven't done it, but if it's anything like track days I go to, it should be a blast), so if you can swing the time to pick it up down there and drive it back, I'd go for it. Just make sure to shift between gears on the highway during your drive back because doing your break-in miles at a constant RPM is no bueno.

As for frozen colors, they don't seem to be part of the standard offerings for US builds, at least not yet. I'm sure you could go the Individual route to get them, but that adds $5K just for a special exterior color.

As for the seats, the only two seat differences I've seen have been Extended leather which have plastic backs and Full leather which are leather everywhere. If that's not what you're referring to, maybe post pics of what's on your mind? I guess different countries might have differently spec'd leather, but I doubt it.
check these seats out, why the different leather???
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #57
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyamg View Post
check these seats out, why the different leather???
Perhaps those are ventilated?
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #58
Stav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR
We are waiting on allocations as well Just talked to Ryan. He has just been submitting the orders such as others have stated.

I know that BMW is making north of 3000 units in the first 6 months, just not sure how many each dealer will get at the beginning. AS usual ED orders do not come out of the indiv dealers allocations.

We are hoping that we get more since Ryan is the top M salesman but I doubt it. Im sure each dealer gets a set amount based on how many "total" units their region sells. Ill update as Ryan updates me.
EDs are not coming out of dealer allocation? Is this certain? I was told that they do.

Also does anybody know when the first available ED date is? Any hope for early August?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #59
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^Correct ED on M5 does not come out of dealer allocations.

If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #60
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav View Post
EDs are not coming out of dealer allocation? Is this certain? I was told that they do.

Also does anybody know when the first available ED date is? Any hope for early August?
I'm 99.9% certain they do. My dealer and others have said they do. They also said, in theory you can get a Sept ED but they will not do that until all their domestic orders and folks waiting are met. Makes sense to me. It's business.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #61
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I'm 99.9% certain they do. My dealer and others have said they do.
Same here...
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #62
GOLFFRR
Rep

Just doubled check with Ryan, certain models do count as dealer allocations but with f10 M5 do not come out of dealers allocations.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #63
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Perhaps those are ventilated?
Yep, that's almost certainly it, and explains why the leather in the main seating area is perforated. Ventilated seats blow air through the backrest and the main part of the seat rest. I was initially going to suggest maybe a difference between Extended and Full, but ventilation makes much more sense. Nice job!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #64
ddmerino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda

I am trying to list the options I want to finalize the car I am going to order. Here's the list I configured using bmwconfig.com.

135G 2013 M5 EuroDelivery Munich Pick Up
2MA Manual Transmission
B05 Monte Carlo Blue Mettallic
X3SW Black Full Merino Leather
ZEC Executive Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
XE7 Piano Finish Black Trim
2VH Integral Active Steering

I don't find (2VH) Integral Active Steering as an Option in the 2013 M5 Ordering Guide nor do I recall seeing it in the BMWUSA.com configurator. Can somebody tell me if this option is really available or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #65
GOLFFRR
Rep

First available ED date looks to be mid August as far as we know.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #66
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Just doubled check with Ryan, certain models do count as dealer allocations but with f10 M5 do not come out of dealers allocations.
Is there any way anyone can verify this with BMWNA? I was told by multiple dealers ED will come out from dealers allocations. Also, the first available ED date will be Sep 1st, not in middle of the Aug.
Appreciate 0