M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #67
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
First available ED date looks to be mid August as far as we know.
That sounds pretty sweet. I know BMW was saying by the first week of September, but if production is starting in July, you would have thought mid-August. When do you actually find out ED dates and also out of curiosity, from the orders you have, what's the split looking like between US/ED?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #68
nyamg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Yep, that's almost certainly it, and explains why the leather in the main seating area is perforated. Ventilated seats blow air through the backrest and the main part of the seat rest. I was initially going to suggest maybe a difference between Extended and Full, but ventilation makes much more sense. Nice job!
so basically, if you don't get Exec package w/vent seats your stuck with the smooth leather seats????
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #69
Stav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
First available ED date looks to be mid August as far as we know.
That would be great and with a bit of luck it can go to early August! Did this come from BMW's ED department? I wonder if there is anyway to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #70
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Ryan said this was just an estimate from our BMW rep so chances of it being earlier are possible but highly doubtful. Like most people have stated mid August to beginning of September would be pretty solid time frame.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #71
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmerino View Post
I am trying to list the options I want to finalize the car I am going to order. Here's the list I configured using bmwconfig.com.

135G 2013 M5 EuroDelivery Munich Pick Up
2MA Manual Transmission
B05 Monte Carlo Blue Mettallic
X3SW Black Full Merino Leather
ZEC Executive Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
XE7 Piano Finish Black Trim
2VH Integral Active Steering

I don't find (2VH) Integral Active Steering as an Option in the 2013 M5 Ordering Guide nor do I recall seeing it in the BMWUSA.com configurator. Can somebody tell me if this option is really available or not.
I doubt you'll be able to get IAS; the M3 didn't have Active Steering even though the base 3 did; same with the last M5, even though (I believe) Active Steering was an option on the E60. But congrats on getting a manual transmission!!

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #72
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyamg View Post
so basically, if you don't get Exec package w/vent seats your stuck with the smooth leather seats????
Correct, and that's what really irritates me. Given that HUD and now apparently Comfort Access can be optioned separately, the ONLY other thing in the Executive Package that I want is ventilated seats, but that means to get them I need to pay a lot more than they're worth AND get some options that I'd prefer not to have, like soft-close doors which are apparently hideously expensive to repair/replace.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #73
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Build 1 for sure IMHO. A white interior would look amazing, but I've heard that BMW's white interiors get stained obscenely quickly if you wear jeans, and even if you don't then they're impossible to keep pure white, and once they're not they start to look dingy fast. Stained/dirty/dulled white

Out of curiosity, why the ceramic brakes?
I have Oyster Nappa in my F10 and it neither stains nor is particularly hard to keep clean. I love the color!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #74
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
I have Oyster Nappa in my F10 and it neither stains nor is particularly hard to keep clean. I love the color!
Some jeans will stain the beige - it does in my C63 as well as in my RRS - but its not a big deal because Mr. Clean Magic Eraser gets it right out.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #75
SleepTight
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
You sure you don't want to go Piano black trim with Sakhir full? That vertical stripe aluminum looks like it'll clash with the lower dashboard area since Full leather means that area will be done in Sakhir.
Hey, jphugan, I'm trying to understand your point about the vertical stripes in the aluminum clashing with the full Orange Sakhir on the dashboard:

What am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #76
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post
Hey, jphugan, I'm trying to understand your point about the vertical stripes in the aluminum clashing with the full Orange Sakhir on the dashboard. What am I missing?
Well I think that the aluminum color in general clashes with Sakhir since silver and red/orange are both very catchy and bold colors, but together I think they're like two people shouting at the same time. Plus then you have that silver strip running along the bottom of the trim, which IMHO both further clashes with the red AND doesn't match the aluminum's color or texture, and on top of everything else if you find a close-up shot of the aluminum trim, you'll notice that it's got narrow vertical lines running in it, as opposed to the M3's aluminum trim which is just a block of brushed aluminum. I just think it's too many differently shaped lines and poorly matching colors thrown into too small an area. The only way I'd get aluminum would be if I were getting either a black interior or Extended leather which would make the lower dashboard black, and then I'd probably be able to make my peace with the mismatch between the silver strip and the aluminum. But if the lower dash will be ANY other color, Piano Black all the way for me. Granted I haven't seen the M5's aluminum in person (I will tomorrow though, so I can report back if desired), but from what I've seen in pics I just don't like it much at all.

EDIT: Here are pics that demonstrate both the (unsightly IMHO) vertical stripes and how poorly the aluminum color matches the silver strip:

Gone but not forgotten:

Last edited by jphughan; 05-04-2012 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #77
VPM5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5

Garage List
Order submitted

US Delivery
300 Alpine White
LKSW Black/Black Merino Leather
ZDA Driver Assistance Pkg
ZEC Executive Pkg
2NZ 20” M light alloy wheels Style 343M
6F2 Bang & Olufson Sound System
6FH Rear-seat Entertainment System
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #78
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
I doubt you'll be able to get IAS; the M3 didn't have Active Steering even though the base 3 did; same with the last M5, even though (I believe) Active Steering was an option on the E60. But congrats on getting a manual transmission!!
Correct, I think that is a bug. No IAS, hence why no Parking Assistant offered (steering is hydraulic IIRC, not electronic).
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #79
SleepTight
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Well I think that the aluminum color in general clashes with Sakhir since silver and red/orange are both very catchy and bold colors, but together I think they're like two people shouting at the same time. Plus then you have that silver strip running along the bottom of the trim, which IMHO both further clashes with the red AND doesn't match the aluminum's color or texture, and on top of everything else if you find a close-up shot of the aluminum trim, you'll notice that it's got narrow vertical lines running in it, as opposed to the M3's aluminum trim which is just a block of brushed aluminum. I just think it's too many differently shaped lines and poorly matching colors thrown into too small an area. The only way I'd get aluminum would be if I were getting either a black interior or Extended leather which would make the lower dashboard black, and then I'd probably be able to make my peace with the mismatch between the silver strip and the aluminum. But if the lower dash will be ANY other color, Piano Black all the way for me. Granted I haven't seen the M5's aluminum in person (I will tomorrow though, so I can report back if desired), but from what I've seen in pics I just don't like it much at all.
Thanks for the detailed, thoughtful response. Let me know if you change your mind about the aluminum trim after you see it in person. I saw it at the New York Auto Show and was surprised how much better it looked in person than in the photographs.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #80
ddmerino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Correct, I think that is a bug. No IAS, hence why no Parking Assistant offered (steering is hydraulic IIRC, not electronic).
Thanks for the Info. I guess that was the reason the option was not listed in the 2013 M5 Ordering guide. Well, here's my final car config:

135G 2013 M5 EuroDelivery Munich Pick Up
2MA Manual Transmission
B05 Monte Carlo Blue Metallic
X3SW Black Full Merino Leather
ZEC Executive Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package

Am aiming for a ED Munich pickup last week of August (am keeping my fingers crossed). Would be nice to be able to drive from Munich to Provence and see the Lavander fields in bloom and being harvested.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #81
Evan@Ring-Werks
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3 white

Congrats for your new car~
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #82
BMW1986
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 E92 ZCP JB/PS & BLK

If you are ordering an M5 for ED...it WILL NOT come out of a dealers allocation.

If you are ordering an M6 for ED...it WILL come out of a dealers allocation.

Just got clarification on that and wanted to share it!

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #83
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TT RS

I am grappling on a final config for my order maybe somebody could enlighten me. I am at a quandary whether to get the Rear-seat Entertainment package or in lieu of that, just get 2 iPADs and put them in the seat packets -- my reasoning is that if they are supposed to entertain (especially kids) on long drives, the iPADs can easily do that and more and they cost less. Plus, you can take them out of the car and also hide them from thieves' eyes when you park the car in somewhat less secure places. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #84
BMW1986
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 E92 ZCP JB/PS & BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
I am grappling on a final config for my order maybe somebody could enlighten me. I am at a quandary whether to get the Rear-seat Entertainment package or in lieu of that, just get 2 iPADs and put them in the seat packets -- my reasoning is that if they are supposed to entertain (especially kids) on long drives, the iPADs can easily do that and more and they cost less. Plus, you can take them out of the car and also hide them from thieves' eyes when you park the car in somewhat less secure places. What do you guys think?
Hi Matt:

I tell most of my clients to buy 2 iPad's. The reason being is because they are more diverse in terms of use rather then just watching movies.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jon

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #85
MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Put my order in wednesday.

Sakhir Orange Metallic
Cohiba Brown
Dark Red Sycamore
Executive Package
Manual Trans
20" 343M wheels
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Variable light Decoding

Cant Wait

Aloha,Alex
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #86
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TT RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDank View Post
Variable light Decoding
Aloha,Alex
How are you able to get this option? I thought this was not available for the U.S. as variable beam does not have Department of Transportation approval.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #87
MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
How are you able to get this option? I thought this was not available for the U.S. as variable beam does not have Department of Transportation approval.
Not sure, it just says it on my print out from the dealer. I was wondering what it meant.lol
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #88
ddmerino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDank View Post
Not sure, it just says it on my print out from the dealer. I was wondering what it meant.lol
What is the code number printed infront of the option? If it is 8S4, it actually means that Variabe Light Decoding is modified for what is approved for use in the U.S.A.

For BMW cars in the 5 series starting with models for 2008, their Xenon bulbs in the headlamps are capable of movement according to how the car is being steered (and car speed) and at the same time can modify the shape pattern of the projected beam by moving the Xenon bulb's distance from the headlamp's lens -- all controlled by software. In the U.S. that capability of moving the bulb close or away from the lens is turned off but not the turning movements. In other countries where it is allowed the code will be S84 which means it is turned on with all functionality. Of course, it's all done in software, so therefore, hackable and can be completely turned on by those in the know.

Last edited by ddmerino; 05-05-2012 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0