M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #133
Bmill
E39, E60 and now F10
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Thriple Black

As for the CC brakes I started a thread that had a number of comments. Basically I see limited down side and yes the up side might be limited to less brake dust and my ability to brag I have CC brakes!

I did talk to Porsche and a corvette guy with CC brakes.

As for the May 24th date I saw it on the dealers screen....... Now consider the source.... BMW and we all know how they ave been doing on timing!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #134
Bmill
E39, E60 and now F10
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Thriple Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
Here's another spray I found on the web. Anyway, if you test, please give us some feedback and your impressions

http://www.photodon.com/c/Anti-Static-Spray.html
Tell me more about carbon fiber options out side the normal order. I clearly would do that.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #135
Hed
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991

My order was placed with dealer yesterday. I had been vacillating between Sapphire Black or Singapore Grey.

Black Sapphire
Black Full Merino Leather
Aluminum Trace

Packages

Driver Assistance Package (ZDA)
Executive Package

Stand Alone Options

20" M Light Alloy Wheels
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color
BMW Individual Exterior Line

Fortunately I'm number 1 on my dealers list.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #136
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmill View Post
As for the CC brakes I started a thread that had a number of comments. Basically I see limited down side and yes the up side might be limited to less brake dust and my ability to brag I have CC brakes!

I did talk to Porsche and a corvette guy with CC brakes.

As for the May 24th date I saw it on the dealers screen....... Now consider the source.... BMW and we all know how they ave been doing on timing!
Fyi at the BMW of Austin event where the M5 and M6 were introduced, Matt Russell (M Brand Manager for BMWNA) mentioned that another issue with CC brakes is that they will constantly squeak at low speeds and moderate braking, so if you'll only be using them on the street, that might be another irritation since you wouldn't enjoy the primary upside of increased fade resistance on the track to offset that. However, some other threads and comments have popped up saying that the steel brakes aren't so hot either. They deposit a lot of dust into the rotor holes and apparently the brake fluid boils rather quickly as well under track-type driving, though the latter issue would presumably be true for CC as well. Fortunately a brake fluid upgrade is cheap and easy, and from there it remains to be seen how long the steel brakes resist fade.

Just some extra food for thought.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #137
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Fyi at the BMW of Austin event where the M5 and M6 were introduced, Matt Russell (M Brand Manager for BMWNA) mentioned that another issue with CC brakes is that they will constantly squeak at low speeds and moderate braking, so if you'll only be using them on the street, that might be another irritation since you wouldn't enjoy the primary upside of increased fade resistance on the track to offset that. However, some other threads and comments have popped up saying that the steel brakes aren't so hot either. They deposit a lot of dust into the rotor holes and apparently the brake fluid boils rather quickly as well under track-type driving, though the latter issue would presumably be true for CC as well. Fortunately a brake fluid upgrade is cheap and easy, and from there it remains to be seen how long the steel brakes resist fade.

Just some extra food for thought.
If dust is excessively being deposited wouldnt that be a design flaw? Should we expect bmw to address it? I for one am glad to be waiting until issues are worked out, but Kudos to those who went ahead early and are sharing their experiences to keep us informed.
      05-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #138
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
If dust is excessively being deposited wouldnt that be a design flaw? Should we expect bmw to address it? I for one am glad to be waiting until issues are worked out, but Kudos to those who went ahead early and are sharing their experiences to keep us informed.
That would be my feeling as well. Evidently BMW has already committed to providing revised rear spring coils around December to address a clunking noise that a few owners have noticed when driving over rough roads. Excessive dust would likely be cured with revised pads and early onset of a soft pedal could be fixed with revised brake fluid. From there, as long as the rotors were sized and designed appropriately to handle a car of the M5's size, premature fade shouldn't be an issue -- but fade won't be testable until the brake fluid is fixed to prevent the soft pedal from occurring first.

However, there's no way to know whether BMW will actually do something. The M3 was accused of having an inadequate stock braking system as well, though it sounds like the M5 is an even worse case -- though granted the brakes have to stop a much heavier car in its case. Plus BMW might just take the position that "Hey if you want dust-free brakes that don't fade, we now have an option for an upgraded braking system that provides that." I certainly HOPE that BMW didn't cheap out on the stock system just because there's now an upgraded option given how expensive it is, but who knows?

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #139
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhonest View Post
Placed the order on Friday
  • 490 Frozen Black Metallic
  • X3DA Sakhir Orange Full Merino Leather
  • XE7 Piano Finish Black Trim

Packages
  • ZDA Driver Assistance Package (ZDA)
  • ZEC Executive Package

Stand Alone Options
  • 2NZ 20" M Light Alloy Wheels
  • 6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
  • 6FH Rear-Seat Entertainment Professional
  • 6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
  • 2NK M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
  • XD5 Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color
  • 3MB BMW Individual Exterior Line

Was unsure of the interior color combo, but I think black trim will probably go ok with the orange leather.
mrhonest
-or anyone for that matter-
Can you describe the process of getting a non recommended individual color in the order bank. They are trying to enter mine and are saying that the only thing coming up is standard and recommended individual.
I know the frozen colors for example are avaialbe, just need to know the process for getting them ordered.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #140
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
mrhonest
-or anyone for that matter-
Can you describe the process of getting a non recommended individual color in the order bank. They are trying to enter mine and are saying that the only thing coming up is standard and recommended individual.
I know the frozen colors for example are avaialbe, just need to know the process for getting them ordered.
Thanks in advance.
The dealers need to submit a special supplementary order form to get that specified. The color code on the normal order that goes into the computer is 490, which basically means "Refer to the special order form". That order form probably can't be submitted yet given that there are no actual allocations, but that's how it works. Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Our Interview with BMWNA M Manager on 1M, M3, Lightweight M3, M5, AWD, Individual

BMW INDIVIDUAL

Is it more difficult to have BMW Individual paints or trims ordered in the US, compared to Europe?
Can you please explain the proper ordering process?
Are there any limitations?

All BMW Individual options available to European markets are available to North American customers. Ordering is available through every one of BMW's dealers. There's an order form dealers can put together for customers interested in having Individual work done. The dealers submit that order form old fashioned style (via fax) or they can scan and e-mail it to BMWNA's automotive sales department where there is a contact who receives individual requests and special orders all day long. That contact has a bridge directly to Germany and she'll find out how long it'll take to do whatever the customer is requesting, and she'll reply to the dealer with the timeframe and the price. If the customer is satisfied with the response, they can then go ahead and order the car. Individual is most popular on the 7-series and the M3 and is growing in popularity.

Just make sure your dealer knows about the special order form. If they don't have it or don't know about it, it's available via a quick e-mail to the BMWNA automotive sales department, which every dealer knows how to get in touch with.

The only limitation is what can the factory actually do. For example, Leipzig is not able to do Individual orders yet, but this may change some day in the future (so models produced there, such as the 1M coupe are not able to be ordered currently with Individual colors or options).

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #141
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Ok so I didn't order yet, but I did step 1 of the process and felt the need to share. My deposit is in and I'm just as excited. This reminds me of the day I put down my deposit for my e46 M3 back in 2000 and waited anxiously for 18 months for a second production year SMG M3. I can still remember back then of dreams that I could someday afford an M5 and I guess that day has finally come.

As with the M5 Im going to wait out year 1 to work out any kinks, and Im sure the wait will be tough, but I look forward to learning and sharing more about the car on the forum through you guys as you take deliveries of your's. I plan on having north of 1000 posts by the time I take delivery.

And thanks to you guys here I do plan on doing ED as well as PC delivery.
      05-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #142
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

So is everybody putting down a deposit already have an allocation?

According to my dealer he has submitted my info (and the info of two other customers as we'll be the first three for the dealer) into the order bank and is waiting on allocations from BMWNA.

Do some dealers already have allocations or are they simply taking deposits to submit a customer into the order bank?
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #143
mgallen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Azurite Black

Order placed

Just got confirmation on my Euro Delivery date for September 24th (which was my first choice date).

Here's my config:

Azurite Black
Black Full Merino
Executive Package
20" Wheels Style 343M
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #144
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

201 M5 Order

OK I have put in my order and have an status of 047. Hoping to get the confirmation soon.

Here's my M5 configuration:
135G 2013 M5 EuroDelivery (European Delivery)
B05 Monte Carlo Blue
X3SW Black Full Merino Leather
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
ZEC Executive Package
2MA Manual Transmission
428 Warning Triangle
6UK Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
8S4 Variable Light Decoding
XE7 Piano Finish Black Trim
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #145
ilfz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
You sure you don't want to go Piano black trim with Sakhir full? That vertical stripe aluminum looks like it'll clash with the lower dashboard area since Full leather means that area will be done in Sakhir. Also, power rear sunshade is included with the Exec package, and 6NF has been superseded by 6NR (BMW Apps). Congrats either way though!
I agonized over the question of going with Piano black or aluminum with the Sakhir full and I ultimately decided that the aluminium was more appropriate for the sporty character of the M5.

Compare Piano Black:

with the Aluminum trace trim:

I could still be convinced though and since my order is still, so far as I know, waiting on the next allocation, I could make the change easily.
I went with the piano trim, in my opinion it looks better
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #146
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

^ Indeed, especially since it seems that choosing Piano Black also causes the steering wheel to be mounted on the proper side.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #147
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post

According to my dealer he has submitted my info (and the info of two other customers as we'll be the first three for the dealer) into the order bank and is waiting on allocations from BMWNA.

Do some dealers already have allocations or are they simply taking deposits to submit a customer into the order bank?
Let me try this again; has everyone that has given a down payment recieved a production number?
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #148
mdm0515
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 2013

Halleluah...the deal is done

Order accepted by BMW and Euro Delivery confirmed for Sept 10th -

- Champagne Quartz Metallic
- Silk Gray/Black Extended Merino Lthr
- Exec Package
- 20" wheels
- B&O Sound
- Piano black finish

good luck to all....
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #149
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm0515 View Post
Halleluah...the deal is done

Order accepted by BMW and Euro Delivery confirmed for Sept 10th -

- Champagne Quartz Metallic
- Silk Gray/Black Extended Merino Lthr
- Exec Package
- 20" wheels
- B&O Sound
- Piano black finish

good luck to all....
Congrats! Looks like we have many members scheduled for euro delivery. Can't wait to feature many of your ED journals on the homepage.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #150
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC919 View Post

Only people that are doing euro have allocations, U.S orders have not yet received them. And only some have allocations, your dealer should pretty much have a very good idea on how many they will get. Im number 5 on the list and my dealer is big, they sell tons of cars(20 on list). My guy said most likely they will get 4-6 the first month. If dealers aren't putting customers in the order bank, or only some more than likely they know there not gonna get many allocations.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #151
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed View Post
My order was placed with dealer yesterday. I had been vacillating between Sapphire Black or Singapore Grey.

Black Sapphire
Black Full Merino Leather
Aluminum Trace

Packages

Driver Assistance Package (ZDA)
Executive Package

Stand Alone Options

20" M Light Alloy Wheels
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color
BMW Individual Exterior Line

Fortunately I'm number 1 on my dealers list.

I put in my order the other day

AW with Full Sakhir Orange
Piano Black Trim
20's
Executive Package

Did you get any word on allocations? My CA has no clue on that.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #152
Hed
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991

No word on anything. Who are you dealing with?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #153
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed View Post

No word on anything. Who are you dealing with?
Joey

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #154
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I ordered: