M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

09-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

ED: Final Payment Due Date?

Hi guys -

Question about the final payment for ED. How late can I make my final payment before heading over to Munich? My ED is on Oct 10 and I leave for Germany on the 8th. Ideally I wanted to do it a day or two before leaving but my CA is insisting that I do it on Oct 1st. Not really a big deal but I wanted to at least wait until the Oct MF/Residuals were out in case they were better than Sept's numbers.

Thanks in advance!
f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

I think the printed policy is two weeks in advance of the pick up date. So your dealer is doing ok by you allowing it to be just 9 days before. When I did my ED I signed the lease 10 days ahead of delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
I think the printed policy is two weeks in advance of the pick up date. So your dealer is doing ok by you allowing it to be just 9 days before. When I did my ED I signed the lease 10 days ahead of delivery.
Thanks. Ive heard varying info on this. Some have done the final drive off payments a day or two before ED delivery. So i think it really depends on your CA. But a week seems to be the norm.

Thanks! :-)
f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 11:31 PM   #4
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
Thanks. Ive heard varying info on this. Some have done the final drive off payments a day or two before ED delivery. So i think it really depends on your CA. But a week seems to be the norm.

Thanks! :-)
f.
I was told usually 2 weeks but can up to a week.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 07:00 AM   #5
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
Thanks buddy! Im doing mine this Saturday, which will be exactly 1 week before delivery! I learnt in my research that the payment stuff is only for the dealer and BMWFS. The Welt and BMW Germany only requires the signed Purchase order in order to hand you the keys at the Welt. I did not know that!

Cant remember the last time I was this excited about an impending hole in my wallet.

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #6
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks buddy! Im doing mine this Saturday, which will be exactly 1 week before delivery! I learnt in my research that the payment stuff is only for the dealer and BMWFS. The Welt and BMW Germany only requires the signed Purchase order in order to hand you the keys at the Welt. I did not know that!

Cant remember the last time I was this excited about an impending hole in my wallet.

f.
Haha. It's going to be a pretty big hole! Have fun and take lots of pictures. How long are you staying with the car in Europe and whereabouts for travel?

My dealer told me that paperwork has to be done in time to prepare temporary registration and export papers for the car. But who knows - I was going to pay for the car so a week didn't make a difference. But I see your point in programs. By Saturday October programs should be out so you are fine.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha. It's going to be a pretty big hole! Have fun and take lots of pictures. How long are you staying with the car in Europe and whereabouts for travel?

My dealer told me that paperwork has to be done in time to prepare temporary registration and export papers for the car. But who knows - I was going to pay for the car so a week didn't make a difference. But I see your point in programs. By Saturday October programs should be out so you are fine.

Leaving on Wednesday for delivery on Saturday. Pretty open-ended for what Im doing that weekend after delivery. Top 2 items on the plan are either driving the Alpenstrasse loop, or go to Grossglockner Pass depending on what the weather's like. I just have to return to Munich on Monday morning for M Studio tour and lunch with the M team (they were kind enough to invite me for lunch.) Hope they allow me to take pics! Then I have to be in Amsterdam by Oct 14th as Im speaking at a conference there. Im still 50-50% on whether Im driving to AMS or flying there. I dont really like to plan ahead. I like the freedom of having my own car there.. :-)
f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #8
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Leaving on Wednesday for delivery on Saturday. Pretty open-ended for what Im doing that weekend after delivery. Top 2 items on the plan are either driving the Alpenstrasse loop, or go to Grossglockner Pass depending on what the weather's like. I just have to return to Munich on Monday morning for M Studio tour and lunch with the M team (they were kind enough to invite me for lunch.) Hope they allow me to take pics! Then I have to be in Amsterdam by Oct 14th as Im speaking at a conference there. Im still 50-50% on whether Im driving to AMS or flying there. I dont really like to plan ahead. I like the freedom of having my own car there.. :-)
f.
Awesome bud! Lunch with M team!!!

Looking forward to recap of your experience very much
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0