BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #23
IshR
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

For me, half the appeal of sports cars is the SOUND. The straight six in the porsche and m4 is just too dull, the tone too ordinary.

Depending on budget, I'd consider lambo / ferrari / merc amg / audi R8
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #24
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
My opinion, I would not get a turbo Porsche considering you have a turbo M5. The 991S is a kick ass car due to the NA motor sounds great, but Porsche's are meant to be driven in the high RPM range. You will miss the torque of the M5, but the M5 is a heavy beast. Again your point to a 2nd car, and that was mine too but I actually drove the Porsche more than the M5.

Upgraded the 991S to a GT3, and now I never drive the M5 except when going out with friend and I need the back seat. Personally I find the M5 and 911 a great compliment. I'm not to enchanted with turbo cars so I have a year left on the M5 warantee I was one of the launch customers that did ED 10/2012. Only 11k miles may keep it pending garage space, but it may just take up space. Drive the 991S, but you have to drive it hard in the range. A test drive is not enough to understand the uniqueness of a Porsche my opinion. It took me about a month to really love the car, and hence went and upgraded to a GT3 which is the best car I have driven and a keeper.
Wow,
those are real good and complete set up you got there..
you just don't want to travel slow anytime don't you ?
      03-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #25
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

I had a 997.2 Turbo for a year. It's a great car! You can get one for relatively the same price as a well-optioned to fully equipped M4 ($82-95k). Bolt on and tunes and your running 10s!

Your choice definitely depends on what you're looking for out of the car.
Appreciate 0