M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

10-24-2022, 08:56 PM   #1
NY-F10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 BMW M5 (Dinan)

Hello guys, looking for some help please. I'm really stumped and beginning to absolutely just hate my car.

EDIT- My car has Dinan Stage 1. I have it set to Base Map (stock factory tune). Can this still be causing my issue? I've been wanting to remove the Dinan since I got the car. Maybe I'll do that first

I have these codes. This points to my Throttle body going bad on Bank 1- I've replaced this throttle body and all was good for a day or two and then the codes came back. 101C08 and 100A04.

I have another throttle body now and before I jump in and replace Bank 2, I wanted to get people opinions. My car is at 97k miles, I can clear the code but it'll instantly come back within a mile. It kicks on my Brake light and Traction light too- those codes point to invalid signal because the throttle body. If I replace Bank 2 and code is still there then what. Maybe my throttle pedal? I know I should probably ohm out the wires to check if they're good but I'm not the best at that and that would be my last resort.

Please any insight or advice is greatly appreciated. I've about had it with this car and I really don't want to go to the local dealer because they have a terrible track record. Thanks all.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 08:47 AM   #2
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-F10 View Post
Hello guys, looking for some help please. I'm really stumped and beginning to absolutely just hate my car.

EDIT- My car has Dinan Stage 1. I have it set to Base Map (stock factory tune). Can this still be causing my issue? I've been wanting to remove the Dinan since I got the car. Maybe I'll do that first

I have these codes. This points to my Throttle body going bad on Bank 1- I've replaced this throttle body and all was good for a day or two and then the codes came back. 101C08 and 100A04.

I have another throttle body now and before I jump in and replace Bank 2, I wanted to get people opinions. My car is at 97k miles, I can clear the code but it'll instantly come back within a mile. It kicks on my Brake light and Traction light too- those codes point to invalid signal because the throttle body. If I replace Bank 2 and code is still there then what. Maybe my throttle pedal? I know I should probably ohm out the wires to check if they're good but I'm not the best at that and that would be my last resort.

Please any insight or advice is greatly appreciated. I've about had it with this car and I really don't want to go to the local dealer because they have a terrible track record. Thanks all.
Was the car tuned when you purchased it? How long have you had the car? I assume the problems just started?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
NY-F10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 BMW M5 (Dinan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-F10 View Post

Was the car tuned when you purchased it? How long have you had the car? I assume the problems just started?
Actually figured it out. Dinan harness started to melt because someone wrapped it around the downpipe and there was some corrosion on the Dinan harness with water too
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 06:25 PM   #4
bozkurt
Registered
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 535i n55

I have the same problem, where exactly did you intervene?
Appreciate 0