Thanks everyone again.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #46
Karthigan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

Ordered Some Accessories Today....

So, today, decided to order a full-set of WeatherTech LaserFit Digital Floor Mats for all occupants and including the trunk.

Then, decided to order the: 'No Holes' front license plate kits from usmillworks, told the dealer not to drill the front bumper or install the license plate bracket.

Does anyone know if the front bumper's towing slot cover's cap can be removed easily without cutting the "cable" that's holding the cap in the first place?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #47
Speed808Ix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthigan View Post
So, today, decided to order a full-set of WeatherTech LaserFit Digital Floor Mats for all occupants and including the trunk.

Then, decided to order the: 'No Holes' front license plate kits from usmillworks, told the dealer not to drill the front bumper or install the license plate bracket.

Does anyone know if the front bumper's towing slot cover's cap can be removed easily without cutting the "cable" that's holding the cap in the first place?

Thanks.
No Cable Here.
2015 BMW M///5 Comp. Package I Black Sapphire Metalic I Full Black Leather I Gruppe M Intakes I 3D Design Side Skirts I HRE FF01 I RKP Lip I IND Cosmetic Pkg I JB4 BETA I BMS Meth SS I MSR CP I Challenge SS Brake Lines I Challenge Diffuser I Undercover DP's I Dodson Clutch Packs I VRS GTS Tips I M Perf. Carbon Mirrors, Spoiler and Full Interior +++
698 WHP & 653 WTRQ (Corrected)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #48
Karthigan
Enlisted Member
Rep

I Got It! :)

Some Images....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 11:01 PM   #49
Karthigan
Enlisted Member
Rep

First Mod ... Front License Plate Install /w Towing Slot Cover

Thanks to a help from a very good friend and his tools, I managed to install the front license plate (US Mills Work Kit), with including the factory towing slot cover, even though, some might install the kit with removing the factory towing slot cover ...

Enjoy....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #50
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Nice! I have the same US Mills tow hook plate holder. Just make sure its tight cuz it sometimes swings loose and yous license plate will be crooked.

As for the cover, I dont understand the logic behind drilling through it. I kept mine untouched so when I want to take the whole bracket off I can go back to no license plate oem look. : )
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #51
Karthigan
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonm3ny View Post
Nice! I have the same US Mills tow hook plate holder. Just make sure its tight cuz it sometimes swings loose and yous license plate will be crooked.

As for the cover, I dont understand the logic behind drilling through it. I kept mine untouched so when I want to take the whole bracket off I can go back to no license plate oem look. : )
Here in Ontario (Province), you need to have front plates, otherwise, ticket will be on your side.

When and if I decide to have an OEM look, I will order a replacement bracket to have just in case. Only downside with that is, over long period of time, doesn;t the bumper colour fade or change and if you have a factory new bracket for the towing slot, the colour might vary a bit?

Or, does the metallic signapore grey doesn't fade or change over time?

Last edited by Karthigan; 03-27-2016 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 05:02 PM   #52
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonm3ny View Post
I have to agree but then again, I don't understand the logic behind putting your plate on the side there. No offence to anyone who does it but it looks beyond awful, it becomes an eyesore. IMO, either run a front plate in the middle where it belongs and is supposed to be or DON'T run one at all. Putting it on the side there looks terrible and I have never understood what the purpose is? Asides from drilling holes in your bumper, but if its a LAW in your province or state then what difference does it make? Not like you plan to remove the plate anytime soon.

I live in Ontario and haven't had a front plate in years..so I totally understand the struggle haha!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #53
Redrckt135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5 & 17 X5M

Front plates are the devil. I now have an engraved gold family member pba card for the cops who have nothing better to do than to pull people over for not having a front plate. It usually goes a little something like this:

Officer- sir do you know why I pulled you over?
Me- no officer
Officer- you don't have a front plate on your car.
Me- ::hands officer gold card::
Officer-who's card is this
Me-my cousin, he's a state trooper
Officer- have a nice day
Me- 0-100 real quick

The end
Appreciate 0