BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-15-2016, 03:48 AM   #1
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

CCTV

So those of you that have read my most recent posts will know that I have got quite paranoid that my car is being "watched" following my m performance spoiler (that was secured with 3M) was stolen within 12 hours of installing it...

Well I got a new spoiler and installed with BETA link and then set up a CCTV system as per the below pic which I would highly recommend. I went for the Arlo wireless system (currently with two cameras) which can be placed up to 300ft from the base unit and have a battery life of around 4-6 months...

For those of you that are considering further security around your car I would highlight recommend this system...I have live streaming to my phone and get an alert every time motion is detected...Cameras can also be fully programmable in terms of how sensitive they are and when they are armed to take footage etc
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 04:28 AM   #2
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Best of luck with your new setup and hope you catch the bastard.
Haha recently went away for a week and I set up a few Dropcams around the house. They are awesome, detect and alert you anytime there is either sound or motion, and also have decent night vision. And they have two-way audio which is cool. You pay a small fee per month if you want them to store all video for the past ten days. Couldn't be easier to set up. Highly recommend.
I also have a $20k "professional" alarm system and I asked them for eight cameras which are all hard wired under the eaves. This $199 Dropcam is much better than the crap cameras that were installed with my alarm system. Got screwed for sure on this system (sadly, like most times dealing with contractors).
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 04:49 AM   #3
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Its a sad world where you have to resort to putting cameras up in your house/street but when you work hard for something, whether it is a house, car/ tv whatever...there is always some scumbag out there that thinks its ok to take it from you...and even if they get caught, the punishment is so timid they will prob carry on doing whatever they think is "ok"
Appreciate 0